HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

Went to a couple of samsung outlets to check out different prices and their panel, to my surprise all the 6 series have come with AA01 panels, after visiting 3 shops i assumed all the 6 series models will be with AA01 panels, so dropped the idea of an LCD, Have decided to go with a LED now the UA32C5000 to be exact. Dealer quoted 40k after discount with free dishtv HD.

Anyone have any inputs on this model..?? It has a CN panel ...

finally i purchased LG 32 460 for 30k including tatasky hd installation done within 24 hours of purchase it was professional and done with some magnetic meter and balance. so overall nice deal for full hd 32 inches with ips pannel along with playing any format through hdd or pendrive

bennick12 said:
Oh...!!! is it.. :( But would the panel lottery policy come into play with LED's too...??
Yes ,but only for low end Led-lcd models upto series 6 .
Chances of panel lottery in high end is very very low to non existent.

adder said:
Yes ,but only for low end Led-lcd models upto series 6 .

Chances of panel lottery in high end is very very low to non existent.

Hey can you tell me which panel my Samsung UA46B7000 might be using?

The sticker at the back doesn't help.

I got it more than a year back so more likely it is one of the older panels.

kestrel5915 said:
Has anyone calibration on their TV, professional or otherwise?
Yes you've got to calibrate the panel to get the best PQ out of it. My panel looks pretty bad when using the factory settings. Look up AVS forums' calibration threads for your panel.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Calibration settings for the Samsung LA40C630, SQ panel:

Mode: Movie
Backlight: 5
Contrast: 96
Brightness: 47
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint (G/R): G50/R50
Eco Solution: All off

Advanced Settings

Black Tone: Off
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Shadow Detail: 0
Gamma: +1
Expert Pattern: Off
RGB Only Mode: Off

Color Space: Custom

Red R55, G0, B0
Green R35, G54, B0
Blue R10, G10, B74
Yellow R52, G52, B0
Cyan R29, G50, G51
Magenta R39, G3, B58

White Balance:

Leave all at 25

10 Pt white balance

1) R3, G-1, B-2
2) R4, G0, B-3
3) R5, G-1, B-1
4) R6, G-1, B-5
5) R8, G-1, B-3
6) R10, G0, B-4
7) R10, G-2, B-7
8) R10, G-4, B-10
9) R10, G-3, B-10
10) R10, G-4, B-10

Flesh Tone: 0
Black Tone: Off
Edge Enhancement: Off

Picture Options:
Color Tone: Warm 2`
Size: 16:9
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
Film Mode: Off
Auto Motion Plus 120hz: Standard
Auto Protection Time: 2 hours

Source - AVSforums.

buBleZ said:
Thanks to this thread. Got a Panasonic 42v20 delivered today.
Brilliant display! Congrats man! :)

Saw one couple of days back when I went to get my Pana AC from an authorised dealer and couldn't take my eyes off from it. :p

I accessed my TV's service menu today just to check the panel version, as its not mentioned anywhere else.
Its a 46A1UF0E.
After Googling,I came to a conclusion that it is manufactured by Samsung meaning which its a Version S panel.
Can anyone confirm that?

In any case I'm very happy with the performance of the TV, but was just getting curious.

All my settings got reset after accessing the service menu, although I didn't touch anything.
Is it normal?
Does accessing the menu cause any other trouble if I'm not fingering with it?

@Gannu

I was earlier using some calibration settings provided by CNET.
Now after going through AVS forums and HDTVTest, I got pretty different settings.
I guess, I'll just try them one by one and use whichever suits me.

krishna_bhargav said:
any idea when the 2011 lineup of samsung led-lcd tv's coming out?
its will be out in end of march or max by mid of april with slight changed in old models with some changed in audio as i have seen new brochure for 2011 but prices will increase

Hello guys, Can anyone guide me in finding out which panel is incorporated in my SONY BRAVIA CX-52 ?. In the carton i read somewhere like S01 - XXXXXXX. Is there any panel like S01 ?. Or should i find out from the rear of the LCD ?. Is there any service menu in this TV and if so how to access it ?

I am aware that most of the members wont be having this model as its yet to be launched in India. I bought it from grey... Users plz help me...

anfjavid said:
Hello guys, Can anyone guide me in finding out which panel is incorporated in my SONY BRAVIA CX-52 ?. In the carton i read somewhere like S01 - XXXXXXX. Is there any panel like S01 ?. Or should i find out from the rear of the LCD ?. Is there any service menu in this TV and if so how to access it ?

I am aware that most of the members wont be having this model as its yet to be launched in India. I bought it from grey... Users plz help me...

One way for accessing the service menu in older Bravias is pressing the following buttons after switching off the TV: (i+), (5), (vol+), (power).
This should work on your TV too.

I'm not sure whether you can make out the panel by looking at the carton but the service menu will be having the panel version.

In Samsung TVs, panel version is also mentioned on the sticker at the rear of the TV.
This should also be true for Sony.

[quote name='

For the uninitiated, Samsung has a panel lottery policy for their LCD lineup. Which means, if you walk into a store and pick up a panel, you might end up getting an average, mediocre or an awesome panel! In essence, based on the type of panel technology used in the LCD, you may end up getting an A-MVA panel, S-MVA panel or a S-PVA panel depending on the version number mentioned on a small sticker on the right side of the LCD. The good thing is based on the version number, you can find out the panel you are getting. The bad thing is, as long as the seal of the box is broken and the TV is taken outside you cannot find out the version number! Some retail outlets may let you pick and choose the LCD, some may not. Ensure that you get an SS/SQ based panel, since S-PVA offers superior contrast levels, deeper blacks, excellent color reproduction among the lot!

[IMG']http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRozDtb_PmNfJ93rPxS5yEi4pyWUqo0OYfbxEVBDfbVTC4znRg&t=1&usg=__4FOFOMMQEpyx6ddzq75PPIWirI4=[/IMG]

Here's the version number and the type of panel corresponding to it:

SS01 /02,03,04/ or SQ01 (02,03,04) S-PVA from Samsung
CN01, CN02 - S-MVA from CMO
BN01 ,BN02 (05,06,07) - S-MVA from CMO
АА01 (02,03,04),АC02(04)- A-MVA from AUO
AC02 - new panel A-MVA3 from AUO

I haven't seen the BN, AC series retailing in India though.

PQ wise, S-PVA>A-MVA>S-MVA.

As given a reference to check the Version to infer which panel is present, I did not find the version i have "SP02" mentioned in Samsung LCD panel lottery post
"
SS01 /02,03,04/ or SQ01 (02,03,04) S-PVA from Samsung
CN01, CN02 - S-MVA from CMO
BN01 ,BN02 (05,06,07) - S-MVA from CMO
АА01 (02,03,04),АC02(04)- A-MVA from AUO
AC02 - new panel A-MVA3 from AUO"
Can somebody tell which panel corresponds to the version SP02 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back