HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

adder said:
The 40D550A till date from what i have seen comes with a HN01 which is the inferior SMVA panel.

You can probably increase your budget and get the D5000 which has a AMVA panel.

Yup, HN01 is everywhere, but I really don't want to spend another 10k for an LED LCD TV.

Any views on the Panasonic IPS Alpha panel?

Hi Folks,

2 quick questions - planing for 32" LED TV - for long run

Info: Budget ~30k-32k - viewing distance of 6-8 feet - SD content (local cable) - 720p movies occasionly from pc/USB

1) Should i go for HD Ready (720p) or Full HD (1080p) - BIGGEST CONFUSION
<

(considering the viewing distance and currently in SD content cable) - leave aside budget

2) is 32" too much for a viewing distance of 6feet?

Thanks in advance,

Malique.

Yup, HN01 is everywhere, but I really don't want to spend another 10k for an LED LCD TV.

Any views on the Panasonic IPS Alpha panel?

i saw a SQ one only at one showroom all were HN panels.

i too got a HN panel but there is not much of a difference

Alright, thanks to Adder, Gannu and others who posted all over TE and Internet. I finally bought a 32" Samsung D550, SQ02, (verified from service menu as well; it is S-PVA).

I am not going to review it as its everywhere. In case one has specific question; shoot a PM and I'll respond. I'll discuss panel available in shops and their rates while I searched.

So I live in South Bangalore, and searched following stores, Chroma, HyperCity, Reliance Digital, Girias, Pai

Now the important point is that they all have SQ01 or 02 on display.

In general they all are selling it for 33990.

Chroma and Hypercity giving 1000 Rs off and 5% Off respectively. Chroma also have additional 5% off on master card as well (chroma price 31341 Rs after both the offers).

Reliance and Girias offered no discount at all.

PAI was selling it for 31200 with toaster
<
, and this is where I bought it from. (they'll knock off 500 Rs for toaster).

Now when I bargained with PAI guy; the owner told me that the price has already hiked for them for about 300-500- Rs and they will be hiking it soon. And what I saw on online sites post my purchase; it has indeed happened.

LetsBuy: old 29200 -> New 30900

FlipKart: old 28999 -> New 31190

So I guess (I could be wrong as well; this is after all just a calculative guess
<
), weak rupee against $ has started to show its effect on electronics.

I noticed that D550 has a sticker on side which tells you about version number but D580 only has it at the back side; which makes it difficult to check in case the TV is wall mounted or packed. You can check D550 sticker even if it is packed, from the side vent on the box. (just remove the covering). when I auditioned D580 sound; it was definitely louder than D550 but I did not find it good over external speakers and hence decided for D550.

One more thing to add, Samsung does not have extended warranty; just 1 year (as being told by their customer care); Sony have 2 years extended warranty. So consider this while buying as well.

Hi Folks,

2 quick questions - planing for 32" LED TV - for long run

Info: Budget ~30k-32k - viewing distance of 6-8 feet - SD content (local cable) - 720p movies occasionly from pc/USB

1) Should i go for HD Ready (720p) or Full HD (1080p) - BIGGEST CONFUSION
<

(considering the viewing distance and currently in SD content cable) - leave aside budget

2) is 32" too much for a viewing distance of 6feet?

Thanks in advance,

Malique.

Hey guys, any suggestions on above queries?

Hey guys, any suggestions on above queries?
the LED TVs you might be looking might be edge lit LEDs which may suffer from backlight bleeding problems.
it is always better to get an full HD display than an HD ready display.
there is no problems watching at 6 ft distance.
for a 32 inch atleast 6 ft is fine for sd content on a Full HD display.

1. Budget - 22K

2. Viewing distance - 5 ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc - Tata Sky.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV - LCD TV

5. Preference for brands - Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, LG

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - Yes

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room - No Windows - Just a tubelight on the Roof.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. - Not much.

Please suggest a 32" LCD within 22K budget. Budget lesser the better. Will see normal SD channels. Brand preference : Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, LG.

1. Budget - 22K

2. Viewing distance - 5 ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc - Tata Sky.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV - LCD TV

5. Preference for brands - Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, LG

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - Yes

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room - No Windows - Just a tubelight on the Roof.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. - Not much.

Please suggest a 32" LCD within 22K budget. Budget lesser the better. Will see normal SD channels. Brand preference : Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, LG.

Getting a Full HD is better if you are not going to upgrade in 2-3 years.

At 22 K Rs from grey market can fetch you Samsung 4 series LCD/Sony BX420 /LG 4 series ...if strictly on budget then look for Panasonic 2010 models...there is a thread going around with Panasonic model which can be cost you under 20K Rs.

Go for Samsung 5 series and Sony CX 520 if budget can be increased.If you are from Delhi then try at Gaffar Market, you can get good deals on Sony CX 520.

Cheers !

I need to buy a 19" LED monitor. Budget around 10k. I live in Pune so any shops or recommendations would be nice to know. Also I have heard that LED's consume less power than LCD's? So I guess it would be better to pay a little extra and get an LED so that I could save some costs on electricity. On a side note how are AOC LED monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back