Audio Head-Direct RE-262: Impressions, Comparisons and Discussion thread

^ I owe a lot of thanks to you. If it's not been for your 262 loaner, I'd not have run through my top-tier IEMs as I'd have kept postponing the comparison. Now, I have a clearer idea of which goes where in my ranking. I found e-Q5 to be not as bad as I thought and FX700 to be different from what I imagined - both are surprising outcomes of this comparison series. I wanted to take a bit of a break from listening. Unfortunately, I won't be able to rest as I've to get back to all the other loaners sitting idle with me for sometime now :ashamed:

Woah ! Amazing impressions (I haven't even read all of them yet , will probably need to sit down for 1-2 hrs to understand everything ) . Also if all goes well , my RE-262 should be here soon. :D

^ Sure I will. This reminds me ,I need to take the DDM from Brendon . I haven't even heard it once properly since I got it and now that my RE-252 is dead and most other good IEMs to loaned to you and other friends , the only IEM I have right now is the RE-0. Appreciating the good old gold from Head-Direct :D

^ Less than what I paid for the D2000s :p .Wait for the show-off , impressions thread for exact details.

Hmm, seems the SM3 is something I should be looking out for ! :p

But I think I should resist. After the RE262 fiasco I don't want to use an expensive IEM on the road. :(

Btw great comparisons buddy ! They were all a rather engaging read ! :D

Awesome, this thread is like a multi super star movie. And finally, the Re262 makes a strong case for itself, with the SM3 being the one that edges it out.

Is there a decent closed can/IEM with natural sounding lush mids, good weighty bass with depth that extends low (good sub-bass), excellent 3D soundstage and decent treble (shouldn't be sibilant or Edgy) and maybe with some timbre as well for sub-~13k?

You seem to have described the sound of the D5000 to the tee ! :p

Only the midrange is a bit recessed but otherwise pretty clear and rich, bass has great impact and depth and the soundstage is reasonably wide with very good imaging and I never felt fatigued with the treble (I dont like a lot of spikes in treble).

You will have to go to the used market for getting a D5000.

D5000 is certainly on my mind, how is Fischer Audio FA-002/003 btw?

How much could a second hand D5000 cost me?

P.S esantosh - Sorry for the successive OT posts

^ No problems whatsoever! The main job of this thread is almost over.

I am just thinking of throwing a 'bonus comparison' since Faheem's comparison of DDM and 262 could take a few more days to materialize. And thanks for reminding BF1983 and strategy, the job of summarizing and posting in the review section is up next!

Back