Audio Headphones?

absolute sound quality? I'd say the EP 630, which has a confirmed sighting only in mercy electronics , chennai.

having said that , comparing the ep 630 to the HP 805 is not a fair comparison.It's like comparing a superbike to a harley Both are built for widely different purposes. I use my EP 630 during my commutes, and when my cubicle mates are busy, and i dont want to disturb them and vice versa. Also comes in handy for late night pron :ashamed:

the HP 805 is the first thing i look for when I come home . I could wear them all day, and i have, on some days :D Even in the above mentioned EP 630 uses, i'd rather use the HP 805's , but is not practical... i mean would you wear them on a bus :p. In some cases, the sheer sound quality is not the only thing you want. try wearing a pair of IEM's , maybe the earbuds of a sony W series phone, and see if you can live with earbuds like those . their total isolation can be a gift. in society, it can also be a curse :(

Anish said:
If you want sheer audio quality you need to spend a lot more than 1500 ;)

I have already specified a budget of 2k which is more than 1500:S

so now what is the option for sheer audio quality?:)
@greenhorn= but after search on TE, I got few of comments like one from UDIT (who has personally used HP805) that XD200 will be better than HP805 since it is with in my budget.:D

I have tried a lot to locate Ep630, but could not find them anywhere:huh:

So now the only choice is to go with a headphone

Again same doubt

HP805 or
XD200

Budget around 2k. need it for I-pod nano.

want to buy it as quickly as possible, cant wait more.:mad:

TIA

Mac said:
I have tried a lot to locate Ep630, but could not find them anywhere:huh:

for the last time:S: only one place we know of ( i'm sure cos a friend of mine bought it after gmano told the place)

Mercy electronics, Thiruvanmiyur or adyar(i hear they have two branches)

CHENNAI

if you know someone there, well and good , else tough luck :p

Even the HP805 are not available easily ... I got the XD200 for a friend recently coz the HP805 were impossible to find anywhere

@greenhorn= thanks for the info:hap2: , I'll try that. Few of my friends are there in chennai. but if I am still unlucky enough:( and have to go with a headphone, which one I should buy, HP805 or XD200?:huh: or any another one(for around 2k)

@thexfactor= HP805 is available at Computer Planet, Brigade road, Bangalore, and also at few other shops. But I am confused, which one to buy.

UDIT has used both and he said XD200 is better.
I think you also have used both of them, so you can help me in deciding.:)

well i have the XD200 and they are awesome...a bit bulky but really light and audio quality is amazin.got mine for 1350 in Mumbai.....

The XD200 are light and better designed but the highs and mids are not that pronounced on them compared to the 805's ... also they are leather insted of cloth which I dont like much :)

Bought HP805 from Brigade road for 1050/-. Didnt expect them to be that big.

Do they also require some breakin period, if yes, how much?

Also saw Creative EP230 not EP630 for 700/-, were looking funky, any idea of music quality?

And thanks for all the help guys.

Hi guys,

Got one EP630 also for 1150/-.

Shop Address for Bangalore guys:

Mangal Computers
No.16, Kumbargundi Road,
S.P. Road, Corner,
Bangalore - 560 002

Ph# 080-4160 0663, 080-2289 8167
(M) 944480 62636, 99453 18189,

Though the packing is not same as shown on web or as bought by GOHAN, but its original coz Creative has changed their packing, saw the other headphones also like EP230, EP480, etc. All are in same sort of Packing.

Rear of the Packing says:
Imported by:
Cyberstar Infocom Ltd.
#217. Peter Lane,
Gopalapuram, Chennai-86
P CODE CR EP Ear Phone
MRP 1280
Import Month May 07
Manufactured By:
Creative Technology Ltd.
31, International Business Park
Singapore 609921

Have registered the product on the creative web also

hope the information helps

But sound was little shrill as GOHAN said, hope it will improve after 10-12 hrs of usage.

Anyways Finally I got HP805 and EP630:hap2:

the EP 630 needs quite a bit of break in, and also, choose the biggest earplug size which will fit into your ear :p

and congrats, you have got the best of both worlds now :)

Ok Guys Now I am confused what to go with EP 630 or HP840.

As per my choice I prefer Headphones over Earphones as the Earbuds hurt me a lot in long use (though much better sound). And I do not have enough dough to get teh Bose Headphones.

These EP/HP are in my budget which one would you suggest me?

sumedhmumbai said:
Philips HP840 best in 2K range

will confirm availability and exact price on sat .
been looking for that for almost a year now :(
its' been discontinued for quite a while now. do letme know if u find them available :hap2:

^^HP840 is no more available dude,

@Greenhorn= thanks buddy, and as you said HP805 is the first thing which I too look for after coming home:eek:hyeah:

BTW how much is the breakin period for EP630 and HP805, 10-12 hours & 20-25 hours resp. I suppose?

@Anish= Thanks man, I'll post the picture of both HP and EP soon.

And one more thing, one of my friend is on budget, needs a ear/headphone around 600/-. I have suggested EP230, though I have no idea of how they sound. any suggestion on this?

here are few pictures of my music gizmo:eek:hyeah:
though the EP230 is not mine (its my friend's),;)

Attachments

• IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 103
I had the same confusion. In the end spent a lot of money buying a lot of shit stuff but the one that I would rate as the best for its price and the output is probably 5% better than the iPod stock headphones is Sony. With the box and ear plugs the cost is Rs.600. Without the box its 500. Great stuff. You wont be disappointed. Go to any Sony show room and you will find it there.

Back