OC & Modding heating issue

nitink

Disciple
hey guys its me nitin i have recently bought this config

Asus Crosshair V Formula 32GB DDR3
Amd Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz Processor
G.skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz ram
Sapphire Radeon HD6990 4GB GDDR5 ATI PCI E Graphic Cards
Silverstone 1500W Power Supply (SST-ST1500)
OCZ Vertex 240GB 3 ssd SATA III
Hitachi 2TB Deskstar SATA 3Gbs 7200 RPM hdd
Asus 27inch Monitor
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower cabinet
APC Smart-UPS 2200VA

from the day i assembled the system there is heating in graphic card and so the cooler runs too fast noisy how to deal with it all other things are superb i must say intel core i7 and nvidia sucks .please help me .as i dont want to tweak it early i dont want to change coolers.

thanks for responding i know 6990 heats up but not in idle state i am getting temperature readings of cpu 66 idle gpu 79 does there bois issues or anything else i dont think thermal compound is needed its already provided by amd cpu someone told me i should go for water block but i dont like the concept i will never go for water like stuff today morning i overclocked system to 5.3 ghz it was no problem i didnot oc my gpu or ram though.

please tell me bios is it causing trouble

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i will certainly oc my gpu and ram later on 3d mark and tell every intel - nvidia guys see if you have eyes and believe i am thinking of breaking record with liquid nitrogen i am in touch with some oc guys and industrial persons too see how things pan out i will post it on youtube .

Hi I think its to do with air flow, check that it is not "over corners" sucking any sort of heat in to the card.

Or hopefully not, the thermal adhesive has not properly been put on or heat-sink is not on properly.

Have had this problem once.

i did exactly checked that earlier then removed panels put my system closer to my room airconditioner unit it worked temps lows but its not what i think reasonable ac is not meant for rig its for humans so i dont think there is any better cabinet in the market than i do sorry i am not arrogant but i am upset after spending so much and guys its really too much money that i spent and still its having little issues though can be resolved someone must have experienced it earlier.here in dehradun its not too hot temp 30 max.

thease are temp readings

cpu 69-79 idle

gpu 77-89 idle

ram 45-64

though i must say its blazing fast performance i had seen i7,i5 gtx 295 but its super fast maybe thats tuning issues on mobo

allright...slow down......

regarding the LN2 overclocking part...i sincerely hope you don't blow up anything:p

now on the issue...can you post some pics of you setups?

looks like you are having

1.improper mount

2.airflow problem

also...what software's are you using to monitor temps?

also...thermaltake armer is not the best one for aircooling..HAF X still rules that area...

nitink said:
thanks for responding i know 6990 heats up but not in idle state i am getting temperature readings of cpu 66 idle gpu 79 does there bois issues or anything else i dont think thermal compound is needed its already provided by amd cpu someone told me i should go for water block but i dont like the concept i will never go for water like stuff today morning i overclocked system to 5.3 ghz it was no problem i didnot oc my gpu or ram though.

5.3GHZ on air??? calm your self down....you need some sleep:p

I must back Suman up,

like I said earlier, I also think it to do with air flow or as Suman puts it, bad mounting or maybe very bad thermal grease.

And pictures will defiantly help.

Get a good CPU cooler like TR Silver Arrow/Archon or Noctua D14 or Prolimatech Megahalems/Megashadows. Should solve the CPU heating issue and can even help push hot air out via read/top fans as per the mounting.

And about the GPU, use a high quality TIM. They are much better than the stock TIMS (for CPU too). Can bring down temps by some 5~6c by TIM alone. Or even look for a PCI slot dual fan cooler for the card. Can bring down temps by 15~20c.

But more the fan, the more frequent you should clean the system. You can use soft brushes and vacuum cleaner for that, just avoid damage to the circuits.

thanks for replying guys i bought accelero twin turbo 6990 x2 cooler its amazing gpu temp dropped 7-9 deg but still cpu is not calm which cooler and what to do with stock coolers gift them to amd .please help

@ nitink

What would be good too, is if you could write down your voltages and what software you are using to read the temps.

The problem you are having could just be something small.

Also how much thermal grease are you using when you mount your heat sinks. And always check for proper seat.

Not necessarily a reason, but did you clean surfaces with alcohol first (propanol) for example.

Any (more) info you can give us would help you.

Graffy

hello graffy thanks for responding i am using asus pc probe 2 to monitor my temperature and please tell me what is so wrong with the config i have bought majority of the gutys says its waste of money they are loyal to intel and nvidia but i am not one i think from what figures speak about my hardware it is not at bottom every one says phenom and hd 5990 incompatible i cant understand it second what is the life of a cpu or gpu is there any degradation of performance overtime .

op dont you have a pc buying advice thread about a similar config to what have you posted in this thread? the reason i am asking is why you want to buy two very similar systems?

Can you plz post some pic of your rig? if you cant i would assume that you are just trolling for e-peen.

but @topic you should put a side intake fan & also force your gpu fan to 65-70% manually in CCC and watch your temps come down.

nitink said:
hey guys its me nitin i have recently bought this config

Asus Crosshair V Formula 32GB DDR3

Amd Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz Processor

G.skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz ram

Sapphire Radeon HD6990 4GB GDDR5 ATI PCI E Graphic Cards

Silverstone 1500W Power Supply (SST-ST1500)

OCZ Vertex 240GB 3 ssd SATA III

Hitachi 2TB Deskstar SATA 3Gbs 7200 RPM hdd

Asus 27inch Monitor

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower cabinet

APC Smart-UPS 2200VA

from the day i assembled the system there is heating in graphic card and so the cooler runs too fast noisy how to deal with it all other things are superb i must say intel core i7 and nvidia sucks .please help me .as i dont want to tweak it early i dont want to change coolers.

Firstly, Congrats on the imba new PC.

Secondly,
2l94d4w.jpg

Back