Graphic Cards Heating problems for 4850 not over yet !!

Thatnks for the replies but i have already tried cleaning the Graphic card but it didnt work.

Also i dont know how to change the fan of my card, i need assistance for that.

Is there anyone who can help me in suggesting all the details abt replacing the fan and other steps ??
Can anyone come to my house and make changes ?? I m ready to pay.

Vandal said:
Not true. ATi's have a higher thermal spec. And cut out on the dots.

Its annoying. If you must use em, use no more than three.

whats reson behind it ?....i have herd ATI saying it's safe for 4850 at 120C!!(WILL NOT DAMAGE CARD)
BUT WHY IS IT SO :huh:

annoying for more than three.........that was about FAN naa ?
looks diffrent as you have stated it :p

I too purchased MSI R4850 last Friday and it too runs at 80 degree C at stock fan speed under no load. My Cabinet is CM690 and I haven't added anymore fans to it,except the ones that came with it. AFA noise is concerned, I'm impressed, there is none, just in the bracket of 10-20dB !

Hey buddy i too had this problem ( 60 idle and 95c load and it was increasing )

so now its back to 48idle and 70load :p. I followed these steps.

1. first check if ur heatsink is heating up if yes then check if the air coming out of the gpu's fan is hot or not (mine was just warm so i judged that some dust is blocking the air flow in the heatsink)

2. I removed the heatsink then the red plastic over the copper heatsink, cleaned it by removing some dust applied fresh thermal paste, and reinstalled the heatsink and now its running very cool :)

3. If it doesnt help u then simply change ur heatsink, get a accelero s1.

If this temp is at full load its still not okay .if the card is not overclocked and at default idle fanspeed which is 23% for my hd4850 you should get temp of around 80c and if it is significantly more than that you should take it the msi service center as the card is new and must be within warranty

rahul5 said:
If this temp is at full load its still not okay .if the card is not overclocked and at default idle fanspeed which is 23% for my hd4850 you should get temp of around 80c and if it is significantly more than that you should take it the msi service center as the card is new and must be within warranty

Ya i gave it to my Dealer, he said he will send it to MSI and i will get it back after 5 days.

Wht do u think MSI will do with it ??

Back