Help building optimized rig in this budget

cyberboy_varad

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel E4500
Motherboard - Intel D946GZis
GPU - nVIDIA 8600
RAM - Dynet 1X1GB + 1X2GB
Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 740NW
SMPS - Circle PSU (Local)
HDD - WD Caviar Green 500GB

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 740NW
HDD - WD Caviar Green 500GB
GPU - nVIDIA 8600
Cabinet - Circle (Local)
KB+Mouse - Logitech Internet Combo

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - AMD Athlon X4 640
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3
PSU - Corsair VX450

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Nope, will not upgrade the following.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Totally online purchase.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic and will prefer quad core AMD Processor with gigabyte board.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Crysis, Call Of Duty and low end games

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x720
Desktop - 1280x720

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7

^thanks!

I don't want a GPU right now so that can save enough margin of 4.4k and plus I'm sufficient with 2GB RAM at the moment. Here's what I have decided,

AMD Athlon X4 640 ~ 4.9k

Corsair VX450 ~ 3.4k

I'm confused over motherboard and RAM,

for RAM I've stucked between CORSAIR 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 and G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 which one is better?

and for motherboard

Gigabyte GA-880G-UD3H and Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H which one is better? because there's great price difference between both of them, which one should I opt for?

If you dont require USB 3.0 or SATA 6Gbps go for the GA-880GM-UD2H. The 880G-UD3H offers similar features (ATX, slighlty better for OC may be) and not worth the price difference.
My vote is for the Corsair Value RAM. Sells for just 1k+shipping in the dealers section :)

no idea regarding the USB 3.0 and if I go for the SSD in future will I need GA-880GM-UD3H?

and what do you say should I go for the UD2H or UD3H? as I'm on tight budget.

and yes I've decided over the Corsair Value RAM from the dealers section, once I get money in my hand I'll order it :)

cyberboy_varad said:
no idea regarding the USB 3.0 and if I go for the SSD in future will I need GA-880GM-UD3H?
and what do you say should I go for the UD2H or UD3H? as I'm on tight budget.
and yes I've decided over the Corsair Value RAM from the dealers section, once I get money in my hand I'll order it :)
If you are planning to buy an SSD then get something with SATA 6Gbps ports (SB850).
But is waiting for 2-3 months an option? The Llano APU will combine the AthlonII X2 CPU + HD5450/HD6450 class GPU and AthlonII X3/X4 with HD55xx/HD56xx class GPU.
It will be mostly priced in line with current gen AthlonII processers! So if you can wait till July then it would be a nice upgrade :)

DarkAngel said:
If you are planning to buy an SSD then get something with SATA 6Gbps ports (SB850).

But is waiting for 2-3 months an option? The Llano APU will combine the AthlonII X2 CPU + HD5450/HD6450 class GPU and AthlonII X3/X4 with HD55xx/HD56xx class GPU.

It will be mostly priced in line with current gen AthlonII processers! So if you can wait till July then it would be a nice upgrade :)

No !dea regarding Llano APU, what's that? I can wait till July no worries only thing is are you are suggesting me Llano APU because I'm not getting any GFX card?

Why corsair preferred over gskill?

that's were I was confused but Corsair pricing looks great so thinking over corsair.

cyberboy_varad said:
No !dea regarding Llano APU, what's that? I can wait till July no worries only thing is are you are suggesting me Llano APU because I'm not getting any GFX card?

Thats amd bulldozer architecture product working on am3+ socket which will be backward compatible.

that's were I was confused but Corsair pricing looks great so thinking over corsair.
Agreed but it hardly differs 300-400 rs per stick and gskill is more brand value than corsair i feel.But on gskill site it mentions its basically designed for intel products (thats confusing for me)

Thats amd bulldozer architecture product working on am3+ socket which will be backward compatible.

Correction: LIano APUs are based on husky architecture (Tweaked Star Architecture) and LIano APUs wont work on any AM3+ motherboard... AMD has created a new socket for LIano APUs called FM1 socket... :)

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/amd-fusion-discussion-thread-181930.html

Go through this thread :) Will help you alot. It will be more VFM as in a 100w TDP you can AthlonII X4+HD5570 performace (So 95w+55w becomes 100w in total due to fusion :D)
Plus the pricing is expected to be similar. So a 5k proccy+4k GPU becomes a ~6k APU :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The A8- 3550P should be ideal for you (Even i am waiting for this to upgrade a old rig ;)

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/amd-fusion-discussion-thread-181930-3.html#post1753186

If you want best budget gaming experience at resolutions similar to 1366x768, I guess Llano is the best bet now. Near HD6570 performance(in an IGP), there are rumours of sideport memory versions(which should nearly double memory bandwidth if AMD choose to use say 256/512MB GDDR5)

I think Llano would be great. I know I will buy one, or the Krishna refresh based on BUlldozer and HD7000 next year(because ME3 got delayed, I can push laptop buying to next year, thats why Hurray)

Go for the following:
Processor Intel Core i3 2100 - 6000
Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) - 5000
Ram 4GB ddr3 1333Mhz - 2100
Better VFM

A8-3550P seems to be good option but if I use a good graphics card like HD5770 in future will Fusion processor be useful or getting Athlon will be better in that case?

@yash: how will that rig perform as compared to the AMD one?

^^ If you would add a GPU like HD5770 in the future then i would advice you to avoid LIano APUs go ahead and buy i3 2100 or i5 2400 :)... i am saying this coz LIano APUs would perform the same way that current generation Athlon II processors performs... LIano APUs would be definately great option for budget users but not for people who are looking to build a gaming rig...

EDIT: FYI... current sandybridge processors beat every AMD processor in gaming...

Hades. said:
Correction: LIano APUs are based on husky architecture (Tweaked Star Architecture) and LIano APUs wont work on any AM3+ motherboard... AMD has created a new socket for LIano APUs called FM1 socket... :)
Thanks just found the detail here in last para.Than what is am3+ up for?

Well if you go with Llano quad it should be hybrid XFire compatible with HD65xx series. So 400+400 shaders :) But i dont think details are clear at this point of time.

One last question .Now since this is Apu meaning gpu on cpu.What changes will take place in hardware mobo?In the sense now when its said onboard gfx we get a vga slot on board will that remain same and only thing changing is from board it migrated to cpu(now called apu here)?

MAGNeT said:
One last question .Now since this is Apu meaning gpu on cpu.What changes will take place in hardware mobo?In the sense now when its said onboard gfx we get a vga slot on board will that remain same and only thing changing is from board it migrated to cpu(now called apu here)?
Yes. You will get the VGA, DVI, HDMI.
Its similar to Intel's shift. They shifted the IGP die from the mobo to CPU with the Core i-3 and Core i5 32nm early last year and AMD is doing the same this year. But AMD's graphics is much more powerful than Intel's.
In case of Intel the CPU is very powerful and GPU is anemic in comparision.
But in case of AMD they are fusing similarly priced CPU+GPU parts and have decided to call it APU since the CPU and GPU powers are balanced rather than it being skewed in favour of CPU!

Back