Audio help buying earphones...lowest budget..:)

cooler2005

Disciple
Hi Guys..!

I plan to buy earphones for my iPod shuffle. Now, the requirements I have are as follows...

(1) I have ONLY used Apple's earphones so I want the SAME (or maybe better) sound quality.

(2) I want the SAME (or even longer) wire length as Apple's earphones.

(3) They should NOT be In-Ear.

(4) They should not have an asymmetrical cable.

I can spend anything around .5K

I tried only sennheiser from imagine (apple store) but all their models have asymmetric cable.

Apple earphone's are selling for 1.7K...way over my budget..

Kindly give me more suggestions....

Soundmagic PL 11 is the perfect way to go.

It will cost around 800-900 coupled with an E3 amp.

You will not regret the decision for sure.

But be wary, that these are IEMs, that is in-ear canals and at first they may hurt your ears for a couple of weeks or months.

But be wary, that these are IEMs, that is in-ear canals and at first they may hurt your ears for a couple of weeks or months.

rite said:

Hi,

Thanks for replying...I've edited the post....not at all comfortable with the In-ear ones..:) any other recommendation?

Sennheiser MX500 would be the best for you because it delivered same crispy Sound as Ipod earphone and Bass is 3 times better than your Ipod earphone,Response on High,Med and Low Freq is outstanding..this earphone is not
in-ear and arround simmilar wire lenght(or more) than your normal ipod earphone Best is this earphone has volume control also. that is the best Deal at the price of Rs 690/- Sound is totally Outstanding which can camparable to any earphone of price range 2.5K

YUIN PK3 is a decent earbud for it's price. But that might be slightly more expensive than what you are looking at.

I would strongly suggest on getting the Koss KSC-75. These are not exactly earbuds, but they are clip-ons and portable. But these are really great for their price and are one of the most VFM headphones in the entry level.

You can get these from ebay.in from the seller pristinenote. He's a trustwrothy guy so no worries there.

If you don't wanna spend much then you can just get a pair of original ipod earbuds. They are decent for their price.

Go to any Croma,Reliance Digital or Jumbo Electronics store near you and pick a pair of Sony / JVC/ Panasonic earbuds for 350-500 bucks ;).

I would recommend the Panasonic ones which look similar to the apple earbuds and come in a dozen different colours.They sound pretty decent as well .

^Won't fit in your budget . If you find any , go for it and let us know how is it :). I haven't tried any Sennheriser non-IEMs ..so can't suggest.

Hmmm, I thought apple earbuds were for around 500 bucks.

ebay has ipod earbuds for 600, but I don't know if they are original or not, though the seller says it's 100% original.

If not, go for what Faheem said. Whatever Panasonic/Philips earbuds you find at Croma would be your best bet.

called apple premium dealer here in delhi...the guy said the originals cost ~1.2K the normal ones...and the in-ear ones are for 4.2K :)..yes 4.2K :) :)

Original Ipod earphones this is good for crystal clear sound but can't produce enough Bass..You have 3 options
Sennheiser MX 500 crispy sound Bass is simmilar to Sennheiser CX300 ...Rs 690/-
Ipod Original Box pack earphone Rs 650 ~720
Panasonic earcandy Rs 250 but not a good sound
you can check ebay.in

Original Ipod Box pack is arround Rs 700/-
Panasonic earcandy is arround Rs 250/- but not produce good sound
Sony E10 is perfect for you ,sound output is better than Ipod earphone and price too Rs 250~300
And Sennheiser MX500 is the best in the price range of Rs 1100

i was wondering...how do u measure the output of an earphone by seeing it's technical details...is it measured by considering the ohm value..??

I assume by output you mean volume or the power needed to drive them ? In that case Yes, usually if the impedance of the earphones is low it's easier to drive them.Most portable players can easily drive 16-32 Ohms while some like the Cowon D2 /Sansa Clip can drive higher impedance earphones partially(not to their best performance).Usually earphones with low impedance are pretty loud and unbearable at full volumes while the higher one's like my RE-0 can be heard even at full volume of my player (Clip+).

Impedance is just one of the factors and not something that you should really worry about or consider for determining the performance of the earphones .It will just give you an idea on how much power it needs.

Ofcourse there are lot more technicalities and scientific conclusions based on the specifications as well but majority of the times the Specs provided by manufacturers are not completely true or say the specs under so called idle conditions .

PS : Did you get an earplug for yourself ? Which one ? If you still haven't bought one and are interested in a Yuin PK3 for a steal deal , lemme know .They are one of the most detailed and beautiful sounding earplugs with wide soundstage and bass quite heavy for a non-IEM.Though I am not sure if it's in your budget.

Back