PC Peripherals Help: Buying Gaming Mouse budget max 6k

K3yser

Disciple
I have been using a "sub-5$" mouse since I started gaming with mice (ah the good old days of keyboard mashing! <sigh>)....

so since I've started earning, naturally I feel more... confident in ploping down some major dough for a good gaming mouse. Currently I got a Lenovo laser mouse, which is pretty good and I got that bad boy for abt 100 Rs. or so.

Initially I'd locked on Death Adder coz it was a) within my budget and
<
Razer. but since then I've trolled many forums and postings and found the build quality lacking somewhat (dead sensors, buttons etc...). So thats a no no. Then I saw the STEEL SERIES XAI,,,, and man was I blown away! I mean talk about subtle beauty but the price tag on it is making me flinch
<
.......Also, a very experienced gamer has given me sage advice of trying Microsoft Intelli Mouse (half the price of SS Xai).

So my question is whether I should go for the expensive option (SS Xai) or the MS Intelli mouse? or maybe some love for Death Adder???

PS: There is no Roccat products available in Pakistan (didnt I mention where I was from??
<
)

#K3yser is Logitech available in your vicinity as they have released the successor to the venerable MX 518 in the form of -->

Logitech G400

--> right handed FPS mice, with thumb buttons.

--> 3600 dpi laser sensor,

--> nice sculpted top [with right hand bias].

Logitech G300

--> ambidextrous layout, RPG, RTS slanted mouse,

--> 2500 dpi optical sensor.

--> decent mouse for its price.

If Corsair products are available in Pakistan [I really hope they are] --

Corsair M60

--> right handed bias, FPS mouse,

--> 5700 dpi laser sensor

--> sniper mode button + two custom buttons.

Here are reviews for the same -- http://www.techenclave.com/topic/510105-logitech-g300-review/ / http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2011/09/28/logitech-g400-review/1 / http://www.overclock.net/t/1054231/my-logitech-g400-review.

For Corsair, some reviews --> http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/input_devices/corsair_vengeance_m60_mouse_review/1 / http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/peripherals/input-devices/mice-and-trackballs/corsair-memory-vengeance-m60-1057161/review.

I had a Razer Salmosa on my RIG detail for the past 2 years, pretty satisfied with it overall, but the build material and workmanship was strictly average. The Logitech G300 I have now beats it handily and at a cheaper price [opening].

Hope this helped, Cheers!!

#ALPHA17: yeah thanks! I got several raves about G series as well as the MX one coz it his the sweet spot in price as well as amazing durability,,, thing is Im not into the round 'turtle' like shape of logitech (and I have relatively short stocky hands got the so called 'claw grip') ,,, even tho I've seen ppl gaming with and MX for years! me no likey on the shapey thing otherwise it woulda been a no brainer...
<

^^ #K3yser for the claw-grip, the LOGITECH G300 is a no-brainer, I use it with a pseudo claw -- fingertip grip and it has completely taken over me.

That said, I have even reviewed the mouse and I will sing high praises of it till any other company shoots a more commendable mouse in the same price bracket.

thing is I got G400, G700 and all other Gs except the G300!! &*^(!

wat abt the Intelli Mouse 3.0? I'm 80% locked on it infact gonna buy it in 2-3 days... just doing some last min recon
<

See that pro gamer who told you about intelli mouse is good did maybe it suited him perfectly, you can talk look at corsair M60(I am not sure would it be available in your country), or as you are buying your first gaming mouse try the tried and tested options, from logitech or SS, you can't go wrong with them

#allrounder799: yeah thats my first time for gaming mouse... so I'm thinkin you cannt go wrong w/ microsoft rite? and Corsair, i recently had a really bad experience with one of their products a gaming Headset that was supposedly "full stereo" but couldnt beat my internet chatting Logitech headsets when it came to BASS sound! imagine that and it cost me a hefty Rs. 5500/- (got me a JVC RX-900 now
<
) so thats that.

Im thinking k i get the Intelli, use it for like 8-10 months i.e. till end of this year get to know what all the fuss abt "Gaming Mouse" is and then go for SS Xai
<

#K3yser, I will recommend the Corsair M60, for 2900/- it is good mouse with lighting and the fastest laser sensor currently [~5700 dpi], it comes with a basic weight system too [you can reduce the weight of the mouse not increase it].

Build quality + overall buttons are also well done, but in the end it is your choice Sire.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

and Corsair, i recently had a really bad experience with one of their products a gaming Headset that was supposedly "full stereo" but couldnt beat my internet chatting Logitech headsets when it came to BASS sound! imagine that and it cost me a hefty Rs. 5500/-.

Sound is a speculative subject matter, someone's favourite will sound crap to you and vice versa.

The mouse issue is, you have to let it grow over you --> the M60 seems like a decently large mouse, with stellar build quality [a cut down R.A.T. if you notice], ergonomically placed button system, so you can take it for palm grip FPS OR claw grip in RTSs' and RPGs'.

Just enunciating my stand elaborately. Cheers!!

You can try a deathadder, yes razer stuff can have issues ..... just register it online as you get it. Its a great mouse but some batches may not be upto par.

No joy Corsair mice not available,,, maybe someone cn get frm Dubai or somethin but,,, oh well.

# Alpha17: Thank you very much for your guidance, I started a thread on local gaming Forum too and theres been overwhelming support for all things Logitech hmmm,,, G400 and G500 : Im getting a lotta good vibes from the G500 in terms of overall design and shape, but the G400 is falling more in my budget range. If I go for Logi then its gonna be the G400.

Whats your b udget 6k ?? , if yeah then bow to the sensei
<
else get yourself a Intelli 3.0 if its for professional Multiplayer gaming , nothing better than it sub 1.5k if you ask me.

Bought the Intelli Mouse 3.0.

Mods plz close this thread.

(thanks to #Alpha17 #allrounder799 for your inputs guys really appreciated!!)

Back