HELP: Dell`s sending collection agents @ my place !!!!

Dell has Gone Nuts... really !

i am being pestered with DELL to pay amount of more than 1.5 lakh rupees which they proclaim to be is for the products that i`d taken on credit from them.

:S

now the facts :

To become a buyer of that repute, that DELL starts giving you items from its product line on CREDIT, you have to submit them your companies financial data for last 2 year which must amount to more than 10 crores and a promise of selling items worth 10 lakh rupees a month.

obviously all the above pre-requisites just cant be matched by me, as i am just a student doing his MBA 1st year who took admission in a so-so college just because he could not manage to pay huge donations to biggies of the league.
What happened with me ?... GO thru the following quote !

its the actual reply by me towards DELL`s mail asking for money that i never took from them.

This is really BAD from DELL`s side.

This is the 2nd time such an issue or rather term it as a mistake (a horrible one) has occurred from dell`s side that has resulted in mental agony and trauma for me.

first and foremost:

i am your basic buyer. i dont have credit facility nor i wish to have one after going through your company`s pathetic account section management and taking a cue of a much worse customer management system.

when i never applied for the credit facility nor i got any ... how can u even dare claim for it ?
same issue in the past:

same issue had arised in the past aswell.. around the month of June-July 09
someone from DELL india by name 'Pooja' was calling me again and again for collection of more than 1 lakh rupees.
@ that time too it was Mr. X (my sales agent) who cleared of the matter and sorted things out @ DELL`s end notifying 'Pooja' that i am not a customer who has any kind of credit facility which totally makes senseless and mindless on DELL`s part to ask me for the payment of same.

all the conversation was done on phone and after clarification from Mr X, she stopped calling me and i was happy that dell sorted the problem by itself for the blunder it had created by self.

NOW:

without any kind of PRIOR INTIMATION, a collection agent (third party Dell agent) drops at my place....

when i ask him for the reason of his presence, he asks me to clear the due for the credit facilities that i took from dell.
i instantly recalled the earlier issue and this time it was not easy for me to just gulp it down, i still kept my cool.

i explained him the whole blunder that DELL`s account section has made here, but he persisted with saying that i owe money towards dell and he shall leave only after getting the same as his immediate boss Mr.Rajesh was very adamant in trying to understand the situation here.

i instantly made a call towards my sales account manager Mr.X (the then sales manager who used to handle my account during the duration of these invoice numbers) and conveyed the whole fiasco dell has caused this time.

like me, he was also shocked at these erratic mistakes occurring at dell and just could not believe that DELL is doing the same mistakes twice.

X asked me to have a talk with the person who was responsible for collection of dues @ my place, Mr. Rajesh !
the person who had come for collection called rajesh and handed the phone over to me.... i immediately explained mr rajesh what the confusion actually is all about and how i`d faced the same issue earlier from DELL`s side.

but Mr. Rajesh stood to his adamantism and kept pesterinng me to pay the dues for something that i had never taken on credit !!!!!!

alas... i had to shut my doors to make the collection agent leave.
My Perception and Views:

Cant u people learn from your old mistakes ?

Dont you understand that i am not a buyer of dell who has any kind of credit facility ?

Dont you have any kind of system where you can check if i really have that facility ?

Is there no Co-Ordination between DELL`s own departmental sections ?

How did DELL even dared to send a collection agent at my place without prior intimation ?

How can you be so rude to your customer for so long, when it was no mistake of his ?

How can u justify the Mental Pain and Agony that i went through on 12th November 2009 resulting out of your mistakes ?
Request:

Get this whole issue sorted out within your own departments as it is a case of clear cut case of blunder from DELL`s side !

Always make sure a prior intimation is sent towards the consumer before sending a collection agent !

Try to contact your consumer before u get rude and personal with the same !

Avoid making mistakes (especially that your accounts section does) that shall make the consumer feel that DELL has some personal vendetta against him !

Please install a Proper Customer Database System with good people looking after it, such kind of mistakes happening twice might lend you in trouble !
Final Intimation towards u:

Further Harassment towards me from your side on these persistent issues shall breach the overall concept of understanding and trust that i`d laid on your organization before dealing !!

It would make it an imminent and justified requirement for me to seek legal help and take the matter in to the court of law for justice and clarification.
PS:

Do not seek any kind of help from in this issue. You caused the blunder, better deal with it yourself.

your sales account managers Mr. X (Gem of a person and a good customer builder) and Ms. Y (a helpful guide while buying) shall willfully help you save DELL from this FARCE and save some face in front of the consumer community.

better upgrade your database system, it is a certain displeasure to go though something like this from an organization like DELL.

i shall require an formal apology from DELL`s side for the same.
Warm Regards

Dinesh Malhotra

Dell was good few years ago now its aweful and crap whereever u see in around u find someone in issues due to dell. sad hope something workout for you soon.

I don't know the exact legality, but I'm pretty sure there should be some way for you to take legal action for collection agents to stop harassing you, especially without proper paperwork. If they can't produce legal and valid papers supporting their claim to collect money from you, I'm positive you can take legal action.

As for Dell... file a complaint with consumer court and detail your case to them.

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
Dell has Gone Nuts... really !

i am being pestered with DELL to pay amount of more than 1.5 lakh rupees which they proclaim to be is for the products that i`d taken on credit from them.

:S

now the facts :

To become a buyer of that repute, that DELL starts giving you items from its product line on CREDIT, you have to submit them your companies financial data for last 2 year which must amount to more than 10 crores and a promise of selling items worth 10 lakh rupees a month.

obviously all the above pre-requisites just cant be matched by me, as i am just a student doing his MBA 1st year who took admission in a so-so college just because he could not manage to pay huge donations to biggies of the league.

What happened with me ?... GO thru the following quote !

its the actual reply by me towards DELL`s mail asking for money that i never took from them.

Well ,

Lolz But you Are and Have Been Selling Dell ,Might Be Some Payments Never Went Through Unknowingly .Tell Them To Get Their statements Out And Settle The Records .:p

You did happen to sell quite an amount of Dell LCDs in this forum and elsewhere which amounts to quite a value but does Dell have a policy which may let the basic buyer keep the high-end LCDs for oneself?

Dell has probably come to know how much money you have made by offering Dell products to end users and making profit. Since only Dell authorised resellers can legally make profit by selling Dell products, they just are coming to collect whatever "unauthorised" profit you have made :)

You can legally demand identification proof from any "agent" who comes knocking at your door. if they fail to show any identification that links them to the company in question, you can safely shut the door on that "agent's" face. Also tell him to get that "superior" of his to directly talk to you.

Don't be scared by any such bullying tactics.

You can seek legal counsel if you feel the matter is going out of hand.

In the end, if there has been some billing/accounting errors, and you do end up owing money to Dell, then you'll have to pay up.

SunnyBoi said:
Dell has probably come to know how much money you have made by offering Dell products to end users and making profit. Since only Dell authorised resellers can legally make profit by selling Dell products, they just are coming to collect whatever "unauthorised" profit you have made :)

Most of the stuff people got have the bills in their respective names, so Dell is very aware of what the price is, and if there is any sort of profit involved, Dinesh has sold the products at the price mentioned in the bill. Don't think companies would bother as long as they have their sales going at a brisk pace, which Dinesh sure did provide them being an end user. If anything they should be thankful to him, and his demand for an apology is justified.
The only reason I see Dell not getting their payments is if the payment was not forwarded by Mr. X to Dell or Dell got their accounts terribly wrong, if its the latter, Dinesh should sue them..

ask them for the details of the products for which the payment is due..

hope it is not..but it sounds to me like someone might have used your name to acquire some products on credit.

Dinesh,
Check in your invoice what it says against "Payment Terms." Keep a copy of invoice and mail a scanned copy of the same to the concerned people following up for 'outstanding' payments. Also, how have you made the payments to Dell in past - Direct to Dell (vide DD, RTGS, cheque) or sending the money over to someone else?

If it is the latter, cause of concern is:
sathyanaidu said:
The only reason I see Dell not getting their payments is if the payment was not forwarded by Mr. X to Dell ..

Well ,

Lolz But you Are and Have Been Selling Dell ,Might Be Some Payments Never Went Through Unknowingly .Tell Them To Get Their statements Out And Settle The Records .:p

all payments made upfront.

both of their sales account managers accepted DELL`s fault and even their immediate BOSSs did.

its the accounts section which has actually gone crzy :p

Gannu said:
You did happen to sell quite an amount of Dell LCDs in this forum and elsewhere which amounts to quite a value but does Dell have a policy which may let the basic buyer keep the high-end LCDs for oneself?

yap i did sell their lcds in good numbers, still i am not even slightly eligible to get such kind of credit facility.

above on that i confirmed my account status with dell itself and they say no such provision with credit facility has been enabled on my acccount.

SunnyBoi said:

seriously ... u actually came to this conclusion ??? :S

i stated something that dell is not doing right here and u are back to the same old things..

if u did not have anythin good to say for me.. just ignore this thread.

i bet you have many good things to do rather than pin-pointin @ me

DELL does not care how much profit one makes after purchasing their products and selling them again in whatsoever manner... wat they are concerned about is how much are they able to SELL..

above on that.. all the products given to buyers thru me were provided with dell original bills... so the matter is closed here itself.

TheMask said:
Dinesh,

Check in your invoice what it says against "Payment Terms." Keep a copy of invoice and mail a scanned copy of the same to the concerned people following up for 'outstanding' payments. Also, how have you made the payments to Dell in past - Direct to Dell (vide DD, RTGS, cheque) or sending the money over to someone else?

If it is the latter, cause of concern is:

i always made the payment first via DD or internet banking.

provided them with screen shots of the same.

waited for them to recieve and confirm with their departments.

then only the order would get processed..

as i said.. people having net worth of more than 10 crores are the only people who have this credit facility @ their disposal !

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
seriously ... u actually came to this conclusion ??? :S

i stated something that dell is not doing right here and u are back to the same old things..

if u did not have anythin good to say, please dont comment

Everyone who saw you sell and the controversies will come to the same conclusion.

Anyways that was my opinion and if you expect only good things to be said about your problem, my friend you have serious issues for seeking positive reinforcement :)

SunnyBoi said:
Everyone who saw you sell and the controversies will come to the same conclusion.

Anyways that was my opinion and if you expect only good things to be said about your problem, my friend you have serious issues for seeking positive reinforcement :)

thanks for your friendly support and help

now let us not take divert this thread to something different

warm regards

Dinesh ,
I Paid 45000 For My Credit Card in ICICI Yesterday And Today That Blocked My Card ,Reason "I authorised One Time Settlement " ,I Mean This is Strange .The Card Limit is 34000 And i DEposited 45000 so that i could pay some person some money now they keep 34000 and also the excess amount and ban my credit card ,This Country is full of fools man .

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
i always made the payment first via DD or internet banking.
provided them with screen shots of the same.
waited for them to recieve and confirm with their departments.
then only the order would get processed..
In that case, I think the payment terms mentioned in the invoice should read "Prepayment." In my understanding, what this means is - the order would be processed only after confirmed receipt of payment. Show them a copy of the invoice next time someone tries to bully you around.

All fun apart, it's a simple case of bullying and sending a collection agent to your door is completely illegal (its unethical as well, but nobody cares about that in this country anymore). You do not owe the agent any kind of explanation, nor do you call up Mr. X and Mr. Y and tell that bloody agent to talk to them or anything. The very simple fact that he showed up on your door and pestered (or threatened?) you is unpardonable and can get him jailed. Kick him in the face next time he shows up. Ask him to tell his boss to send the papers or documentation or whatever else by registered post, and then you will reply only if you wish to, else he can go to court. In case you get a call again, tell that lady to come up and meet you face to face. Simply tell them to do whatever communication, demands, threats in writing, and watch them run away.

cheers.

Back