PC Peripherals Help!! Gotta buy new PC, budget 50K

Hotstuff

Skilled
I wanna buy a PC

Budget:50,000 give or take 2-3K

Plz. Tell me prices of the following in Delhi (and name and phone no. of their dealers if possible) and which one should i buy:

Processor: (upto 10K max.)

AMD Athlon64 3500/3200

Mobo: (upto 7k max)

Asus A8N-E

or suggest any other mobo that gives performance, is stable, provides reasonable overclockin ability

RAM (upto 8K max)

1GB * 2 Hynix D-43 DDR 400

or

1GB * 2 Transcend DDDr 400

Graphic Card: (upto 12-13K max.)

XFX/gainward Nvidia 6800 GT 256mb/128mb respestively

or

XFX/gainward Nvidia 6600 GT 256mb/128mb respestively

or suggest any other offering from ATI giving equivalent performance to 6800GT within the given price range

Optical Drives: (total of both drives shudnt exceed 4.5K)

Suggest One dual layer DVD -RW that burns DVD+R at 16x and DVD-R at 12x ,

is stable and is from a reliable brand( shud have good service)-----------------------------(upto 3-3.5 k max)

One DVD drive that is stable and is from a reliable brand( shud have good service)-----------------------------(upto 1-1.5 k max)

17" true flat CRT Monitor: (max 6-6.5 K)

It should support min. 1280*1024 at atleast 65-70hz

Preferred 1600*1200 support

What the cost of Samsung syncmaster 793 MB

Sugest any other monitor

Digit reviewed a monitor in April 2004 issue having following specs:

Model: ACER A715 something

Support: 1600*1200 at 60hz

Bandwith;200mhz

MRP(then): Rs 6990

If any of you know this monitor or are using it please tell how it is and if it is worth taking

Hard Drive: (Max 3.5K)

160GB 7200rpm Seagate(how is Maxtor)

Power Supply: (Max 2.5k)

Should I take a 400W or 450W VIP or Powersafe or CoolerMaster

Mouse: (max 1.3k wired not wireless)

What is the cost of Logitech MX 310

else sugest a mouse with good sensor under 1K

Keyboard (max Rs700)

From logitech or microsoft which good and durable for gaming

:huh:

1)3200+ - about 7K?
2)A8N-E - About 5.9-6K.
3)1GB Transcend UCCC - ~3.9-4K.
4)Compromise here - the 6600GT PCIE is about 8-8.5K, while the 6800GT is 15K.
5)Benq 1650 - about 3K, Asus E616DVDROM - 1200.
6) dunno prices for the rest..

Some changes i would suggest

Get Opteron 144 for 8-9k instead of the 3200/3500+ known better oc'ers.

A8ne should suffice your needs.

Leadtek 6800GS is around 13.5k now, i dunno if xfx have reduced prices now. A comparable ATi card would be the x800xl.

A true flat monitor would be the viewsonic e71fp+, solid and excellent colour reproduction. But it won't satisfy your other criteria of 1600 * 1200 resolution. I don't think any 17" does 1600 * 1200 except the acer which i find amusing since personally i think the raster wouldn't fit the viewing area.

Powersafe 500W in the 2.5k range would suffice your needs.

For a good mouse get the MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 which has 1000dpi resolution and costs just under 1k.

Yup go with blade's suggestion. Im on the same config and i have the same mouse as well. Its a great buy for its price, got it for 950 bucks. So heres the config. As for the monitor, there are two that fit ur criteria. One is the ACER AF715 and the other Viewsonic G76+sb. Graphics go for 7600 GT.

Opty 144 - 9000
Asus A8N-E - 5500
Samsung UCCC 2*1GB - 8000
Seagate 160 GB SATA - 3500
Geforce 7600 GT - 14000
Acer AF715/Viewsonic G76+SB - 6500
Powerdafe 500W PSU - 5000
Benq 1650 DVD Writer - 2750
DVD ROM - 1200

Thanx guys but a few more queries:
I want my comp for gaming and Graphics(Maya, 3ds Max , Poser, Photoshop, and the like)

As for the monitor:
What shud I go with:
Samsung 793MB/798MB
or
Acer AF715
Give me the rough cost of both the two

Is it worth taking the 7600GT considering my 50K budget

Should I go with the Microsoft Comfort Mouse or Logitech MX310(which one is better for Gaming and 3D graphics and anim)

How much ram should I take considering that I not gonna upgrade it for the next 2 years( take into consideration the kidda work im doing)

Can you tell me the price of the Pioneer DWD-RW and who sells it

Hotstuff said:
I want my comp for gaming and Graphics(Maya, 3ds Max , Poser, Photoshop, and the like)

As for the monitor:
What shud I go with:
Samsung 793MB/798MB
or
Acer AF715

Should I go with the Microsoft Comfort Mouse or Logitech MX310(which one is better for Gaming and 3D graphics and anim)

How much ram should I take considering that I not gonna upgrade it for the next 2 years( take into consideration the kidda work im doing)

Opteron for better oc'ability and 1mb l2 cache, the a64s have 512k of it. Worth taking as in ? Is it lower than your expectations or higher ? Mx310 is hard to find, if you can go for it though it support only 800dpi and iirc it's been replaced by the g1 mouse which costs around 1.6k and is 800dpi. The ms 3000 is 1000dpi. the Ucc based modules mentioned by other should do well for you. Get 2Gb since you will be getting into 3d, animation, gaming etc.

Hotstuff said:

As for the monitor:
What shud I go with:
Samsung 793MB/798MB
or
Acer AF715

Dont go for the samsung, the acer and viewsonic can support higher resolutions and refresh rates. Availability is a problem and if u cant get those go for the samsung. And for gaming/graphics definitely go for the 7600 GT. AS blade said mx310 is hard to find and moreover is very outdated. its only 800 dpi. Im using the MS mouse myself and i find it very good to use. as for ram since ur budget is 50k go for 1GB(2x512MB). but 2 GB wouldnt be a bad idea. ull have to spend an extra 4k tho so its up to u. I don know abt the pioneer drive. And lastly the opty 144 has 1 MB L2 cache and will OC much better than the 3500+. It costs 10.5k and the opty 144 around 8.5-9k.

Whats the core clock of an Opty 144??

Cost of a 7600gt is 14k-R u sure??
and of 6800GS??

RAM:
1gb wud be enough for how much time from now??

Should i save 1-1.5K (while buying 1gb*2)and go for Hynix or shuld i buy transcend??

for monitor go for viewsonic
go for OPTY if u love overclocking!!!
yes 7600 GT is for 14k
go for gaming mouse logitec G5!!! it is simply the best 2000 DPI!!!

rahul his budget is 50k......... get a good psu[better if zeby 540] a good cabby.. above all a good gfx card.search te market for a good card.

I heard that BIG cards are not worth buying and (acc. to the thread on techenclave, a BIG 7600GT is for 14k) as they have a lot of problems
Is this true??

What is the price of 7600Gt from XFX or Leadtek or Gainward etc

My comp budget is around 50-55k max , what i want o good psu to be able to run the given things in my thread above. I dont wanna spend more than 3-3.5k on my psu and cabby together.
Which Psu should i buy (at least 450W)

Can anybody tell me the name and phone no. of an Acer dealer in Delhi??

BIG has a very bad reputation.

Most of us who know about it, have seen a 50% fail rate.

The Quality of the cards is very low. The Worst Yield of the nVidia Chips go to BIG.

goldenfrag said:
The Quality of the cards is very low. The Worst Yield of the nVidia Chips go to BIG.

@ goldie,
perhaps the sample size that you took to reach this statistical conclusion is too small. you cannot generalise based upon such small sample size.

You have any proof / data to prove ur hypothesis. imho nvidia will remark the bad / worst yields cores and sell it as a lower Rated / class chip, after suitable castration, rather then risk RMA costs and sell it as it is for short term meagre profits.

goldenfrag said:

have seen a 50% fail rate. ----------> Proof ???

The Worst Yield of the nVidia Chips go to BIG.----> Dont go on blabbering anything if you dont know anything.:mad:
BIG does NOT manufacture their own cards,same as most of the grafix card brands.There are very few brands who make their own cards.;)

Guys one more query,
I found out from the AMD website that Opty 144 has a 1.8ghz core

Will this be able to match the 2.2ghz core of AMD A64 3500 in games and in 3d Apps??

This is a serious question and I need replies

Back