[HELP] Home Automation in Bangalore

tech4pk

Disciple
Hi Friends,

One of my friends is constructing a house in Bangalore, and he would like to go for home automation, which should include:
1. Controlling the lights, fans and most of the electrical equipment.
2. Centralized place (a touchscreen device) to control and also, should have access through a browser.
3. Other security and safety features like the door alarms, etc.
4. Automation like the pump is scheduled to run to pump the water on a specific times, etc.

Has anyone tried? If so, then request your valuable inputs. Any vendors who can supply at a cheaper price would be a great help.
Otherwise, we might have to look for something from USA like X10, etc.

I cant comment on 1-3, but for water pump you have a device which can automatically fill up the tank once it gets empty.

We got one installed here in Kolkata cost abt 5k or so. Is basically a ballon like device which goes into the tank and floats on top of water. Once the water level gets too low, the pump will automatically get start running.

Local plumbers should be able to fix this part atleast.

^ Thanks my friend. Yeah, that automated water supply seems to be pretty common and can get this done. But, also looking for more details from others members on the other areas. I am also thinking DIY if at all feasible.

^^ No, I have not got much solutions in India. I am exploring some of the products that are available in USA, but the problem is with 110V.
I am also talking to some Chinese suppliers in providing the hardware that I am looking and thinking to build some of them myself.

Am sure there must be companies in India who would do this for you. I had seen in a tech show sometime back, some builder in Mumbai had done complete automation with the remote controlling among other things, the curtains and also the toilet seat!!!

Yeah, I had searched google and all yellow pages for these company information; and I was able to find couple of them. But, I was not satisfied with their product range and their prices are very high, almost 2-3 times to the ones in USA.
If you know any company, then please let us know.

Back