Help in trip around Europe

We had been to Europe for 2.5 weeks. We visited France, Switzerland and Italy. We got our Schengan Visa from the French Embassy in Bangalore coz the others needed us to send our passports to Mumbai (or Delhi don't remember exactly). We had attached our ITR for 3 years, Bank Account statements for past 6 months (we had a balance of about 3L - both me and wifey combined), Hotel bookings (from booking.com), Flight tickets and a letter from the company saying i am still employed with the company along with the usual forms. We had a short 2-3min interview, all they asked was where we worked and why we are going. We got our passports with Schengan visa the next day.
The hotel bookings need not be the "actual" one, you can choose hotels which give you an option to cancel. You can change the plan later.
This is how it used to be. Now they no longer call for any interview. Its a straight yes or no. Hence the account balance needs to be strong.
It does become easier if you have a leave letter from a company but for self employed folks like me, i believe the paper work needs to be really solid.

This is how it used to be. Now they no longer call for any interview. Its a straight yes or no. Hence the account balance needs to be strong.
It does become easier if you have a leave letter from a company but for self employed folks like me, i believe the paper work needs to be really solid.

I didn't know they don't do interviews now! But I still see this in the VFS website - http://www.vfs-france.co.in/france-bangalore.html

Effective 2 May 2012, all first time travelers applying for their visa at the Consulate General of France Bangalore should appear for an interview at the Consulate the very next working day, after submitting visa application with mandatory documents at VFS Global.

I have nothing to add except - go to cafe del Doge in Venice, and if you go to beligum, do not miss out on the Fries + sauces and Pannenkoechen, especially from non-touristy spots

@bond_bhai Thanks for the help. I have already applied for the visa. We are 4 of us.(2 couples) Let us hope that we do get the approval. There was no interview. The VFS dudes saw through our documents, collected the same and now we are waiting. Applied to the Italian consulate as that is our point of entry and also the longest stay.

Back