Help in Upgrading PC

Arupj Nath

Recruit
Please answer the following questions for others to help you out better. Delete whatever you feel is not required.

1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 15-25 K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - Intel Celeron D 2.0 Ghz
    2. Motherboard - Intel 945G
    3. RAM - 1GB DDR2
    4. Cabinet-Frontech
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. None
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. CPU - AMD phenom II X4 955,Phenom II X6 975
    2. Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    3. GPU - Nvidia GTX 560, AMD Radeon HD 6790
    4. (please mention the rest in above format)
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    1. Will make any upgrades if required in the next 6 months
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. Bangalore
    2. Open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Gaming
    2. Browsing
    3. Watching HD movies
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. I have heard AMD processors and AMD radeon are good for gaming so would like to stick to those. If my choice does not seem to be correct please feel free to advise.
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. Racing- F1 2011
    2. Racing- F1 2012
    3. RPG- Diablo 3
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. No.
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit

#[member='Arupj Nath'] Sire, this is what I recommend --

Intel Core i3 2100 ~6200/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/- OR MSi H67MA-E35 ~4800/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1600MHz

AMD HD 6850 ~8500/- OR nVidia GTX 560[non-Ti] ~10500/- [the nVidia card is a better option in the longer run]

Corsair VX 550W ~4500/- OR Antec High Power Gamer 550W ~4400/-

Cooler Master eLite 311 ~2000/-

Dell IN2030M ~6500/-

Logitech keyboard + mouse combo ~1200/-

I know this exceed your budget, but honestly anything below this will not be worth it, you can stagger your purchases over a time of ~1 -->3 months. Also shops to look at S.P. Road, Bangalore are --
  1. Aashirwaad Computers
  2. Jainex Computers
  3. Golccha Inter Trade

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Thanks a lot Alpha for the reply. I know the theory, invest now and enjoy later. I will do that. Would the i3 be a better option than say an athlon x2?

cheers !

Thanks a lot Alpha for the reply. I know the theory, invest now and enjoy later. I will do that. Would the i3 be a better option than say an athlon x2?

Much much better, Sire and if you can wait for some-time, say till ~end of May, we might see Intel coming out, with more more base models of the Ivy-Bridge line-up. So things are only looking up for now.

AMD Athlon IIx2 vs. Core i3 2100 --> http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/190?vs=289

AMD Phenom IIx4 vs. Core i3 2100 --> http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/102?vs=289

Also AMD plans to release its Trinity APU's on May ~15[sup]th[/sup] -->20[sup]th[/sup], now these might upset Intel's plans. For reports on these, read here and here.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Thanks for clearing up my doubts
<
I might just wait and see what i get.

Back