Laptops Help, Is This The Right Choice..

Platine10

Disciple
I Just configured this dell Inspiron 1520.
Wanted To know If Its value for money.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo Processor T5250
1.5 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB

Operating System Genuine Windows(R) XP Home Edition

Display 15.4" Widescreen WXGA (1280x800) Display with TrueLife

2GB (2 X 1024MB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
Video Card NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 8600M GT with 256MB GDDR2 dedicated graphic memory

Hard disk 160GB [5400 RPM] SHOULD I MAKE IT 7200.

Battery 6-cell 53Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery

1 YEAR dell care, which supports accidental damages.

All this for Rs 52500 [without tax]

and after adding the 7200 RPM and 9cell battery it becomes Rs 55,685

Also If I Make It 2.0 GHz, 7200 RPM and 9cell battery the rate reaches Rs 62,241
How Much Can I Bargain And Get It For?? I Read About Many People Getting A Lot Of Goodies, Give Some Tips On How To Manage??

I'll be basically be using it for animation softwares like 3ds max, maya, an occasional movie or game.
So Is It Fine??

By the way, How does dell laptop perform?

Any Help Will be greatly appreciated.

Those tips that u read on the other threads work for anyone...

U have lots of head room for bargaining...so get bargaining and den get back to us,,

wats the use of the lappy???

7200rpm wudn be needed i think, 9cel is cheap and must..
and which 2ghz poc??? model no.??

well go 5 to 6 k lower..lol..

I'll basically be using it for animation softwares like 3ds max, maya, movies & an occasional game.

The 2 GHz I Was Saying Is The T7250

2.0GHz, 2MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB

One More Thing Is

To Increase From T5250 [1.5GHz] To T7250 [2.0GHz, 2MB Cache] They Take Rs 6556 Extra

To Increase From T5250 [1.5GHz] To T7300 [2.0GHz, 4MB Cache] They Take Rs 10771 Extra

But To Increase From T5250 [1.5GHz] To T7700 [2.4GHz, 4MB Cache] They Take Rs 9618

WHY SO??

I'll Try My Luck With The Dell Rep. Tomorrow

^^^ heyya party monger.. ;)

well id be suprised if u get 5-6 k off on it.. but wat u could get is about 4k off easily along with warranty extension by a year or 2 for free.. u dont have to do anything.. just call them with a saved config an bargain saying u know they can offer it until they agree..

and if ur planning to upgrade by paying 6.5k extra (to t7250) then in that case id suggest spend another 3k an go up2 t7700.. trust me tat would be one killer of a machine u get there...

these kind of pricing are common with dell.. a while back they were offering a cheaper upgrade to e4400 on desktops than an upgrade to 2180 (i think tas a core duo)..hehe.. so dont be suprised jus make use of these mess ups by them.. :)

well.. the tax part is always cancelled out.. now a days u also have an option to do so online. and as far as octroi is concerned im not so sure.. but i believe there is no reason why you should not be able to get it canceled aswell.

if you ask them to bill you the laptop through bangalore i.e. Malaysia ->bang-> mumbai then they will waive off the 4% VAT. ur promised delivery will just be 4 days more.

octroi u can't save if your inside mumbai city limits.

also if your doing animation....instead of a 2gig processor....why don't you get a higher resolution screen ? 1280 * 800 is entry level. you need a better screen.

atleast thats my take.

Hey Guys I Spoke To Dell Rep. and He Is Only Ready To Give Me A Discount Of Rs. 2500 And No Goodies. Now The Total Is Reaching To Rs 54449

Please Give Me Some Nice Tips On Bargaining. I'm Really Bad At It.
Thanks.

dude.. if hes mailed u a qoutation .. then reply to that mail saying the prices qouted by u are absolutely absurd and illogical. And also write if u can improve on the drastically kindly let me know or else i would have no option but to look elsewhere.. and then wait a bit the rep will call u back.. and then u tell him straight off.. its either my way or sale.. u tell him wat u want ( dont compromise at all on the specs u want and also dont buy any extra stuff even if he insists) and then bargain saying u know of so many people who have got like 7-10% off on the prices.. tell him hes not trying hard to make a sale.. jus normal blabber..

and if it works let me know.. hehe.. im buying a notebook for a friend an todays chat wit ta sales rep wasnt helpful at all.. lets c will try another rep tomo..

Well I Finalized My Deal, for Rs 54,000

And A Free Optical Premium Mouse.

9cell Battery

1.66GHz

2Gb Ram

8600 Graphics

160 GB HDD [7200 RPM]

Windows XP Home

1year Full Cover.

They Said I Should Get It By The End Of The Month....

amityrock said:
^^^ heyya party monger.. ;)

well id be suprised if u get 5-6 k off on it.. but wat u could get is about 4k off easily along with warranty extension by a year or 2 for free.. u dont have to do anything.. just call them with a saved config an bargain saying u know they can offer it until they agree..
and if ur planning to upgrade by paying 6.5k extra (to t7250) then in that case id suggest spend another 3k an go up2 t7700.. trust me tat would be one killer of a machine u get there...

these kind of pricing are common with dell.. a while back they were offering a cheaper upgrade to e4400 on desktops than an upgrade to 2180 (i think tas a core duo)..hehe.. so dont be suprised jus make use of these mess ups by them.. :)
he cud have easily got 5-6k or its worth..

u could have made him add a backpack, 3 yr warranty, n wat not,,,

I got a back pack worth rs3500 from them.,,thats after comin from 49k to 43k,
still nice purchase,,, if u think its value for u, no further arguments required... :cool2:
Enjoy,,

BUT if they r even a day late ask for compensation , take a yr of warranty...N enjoy,, :)

Hey Thanks Very Much For All Your Help.
I'm Just Waiting For The Delivery Date To Get Delayed , Then I'll Surely Increase The Warranty to 2 Years Complete Cover.

Anyways Thanks Very Much.

Back