Budget 21-30k Help me Build a PC

sagarmangla

Disciple
  1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 25-30k
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    NONE
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    NONE
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • 23 or 27 inch LED monitor
    • 1 tb hard drive
    • would also connect it to my 32 inch led tv (2nd display)

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • better graphics card
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
    • photoshop and lightroom
    • photo editing

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NO
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Medium Gaming
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. FULL HD
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
    • MAC OSX

Intel's RIG --

Intel Core i3 2100 ~6500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5500/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1700/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/-
APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4800/-
[use your 32" TV as a monitor for now]

AMD RIG --

AMD A6-3650 ~6500/-
Gigabyte GA-A75-D2H ~6500/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1700/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5500/-
NZXT Source Elite 210 ~2300/-
Seasonic S12II 430W ~3200/-
[use your 32" TV as a monitor for now]

• Add a graphics card some time later to enjoy gaming.
  • The AMD RIG is good if you can live with integrated graphics; if you want to upgrade to a discrete graphics card get the Intel RIG.
  • Here are a few reviews for the AMD Llano -- Tom's Hardware, Legit reviews and Hardware Canucks.
  • Benchmark run between the AMD Llano [A6-3650 vs. Intel Core i3 2100].

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Thank you ALPHA17.

APC BR1.1KVA-IN - what is this?? is it necessary??
also if i want to upgrade the RIG later, i should go with the intel rig right??
intel is better?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Also how is the NZXT Gaurdian 921 RB ATX Cabinet for the rig??

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Also the RAM should be DDR3 1600MHZ or 1333 MHZ??

APC BR1.1KVA-IN - what is this?? is it necessary?

also if i want to upgrade the RIG later, i should go with the intel rig right??

That is the UPS and yes it is mandatory. You can talk to APC Support for lower power options too.

Yes an Intel setup although more expensive as of now is more upgradable in the longer run and performs better too.

What is the price of the NZXT Guardian 921 RB?

Go for 1600MHz memory modules please.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

I read on Intels site that the Intel motherboard which u suggested in only compatible with 1333 MHz modules.

the NZXT guardian on itdepot is for 4800.

Also the price you mentioned, where is it from?

Thnk you

OP if you're not going to add gpu then it's better to go with the AMD Llano rig OR if you're going to add gpu go for Intel rig.If Nzxt Guardian is 4.8k then there's no point going for it instead go for Corsair Carbide 400R-5.2k it's worth adding few bucks or settle for Nzxt Gamma-2.4k

I read on Intels site that the Intel motherboard which u suggested in only compatible with 1333 MHz modules.

the NZXT guardian on itdepot is for 4800.

Also the price you mentioned, where is it from?

Your answers @sagarmangla ordered sequentially --
  • The Intel Sandy-Bridge processor and Cougar Point platform are restricted to ~1333MHz RAM modules; but people have used them and reviews are available showing that the platform @stock settings doesn't mind the added bandwidth offered by a 1600MHz module kit in dual-channel.
  • If the NZXT Guardian is that expensive, go for the Corsair Carbide 400R a vastly superior system for a ~500/- price increment.
  • I got the prices from online stores and a bit of progressive guess work [by factoring in $$ rate fluctuation for prices I was already aware of].

Review of Intel Sandy-Bridge platform with various RAM modules [of varying speeds and latencies] can be found here and here.

modification of the memory controller that happened during the launch of the new processors on Sandy Bridge microarchitecture deserves our most positive feedback. Intel engineers not only managed to fix the issues in the memory controller of the previous generation Westmere processors, but also to create a new controller, which turned out the highest performing of all existing modifications. Due to elimination of all major bottlenecks between the computational cores and the memory controller, Sandy Bridge proved to be more dependent on the specifications of the DDR3 SDRAM modules in the system than the predecessors or competitors.

However, it doesn’t change the situation in a larger scale. Every time when we discussed the effects of memory speed on the overall performance in certain configurations, we arrived at the conclusion that these effects were quite insignificant. This conclusion that we made back in the days for Socket AM3 and LGA1156 systems proved true one more time. It is also valid for Sandy Bridge based platforms and is backed up by the test results. The results show that the 266 MHz increase in the memory frequency produces only 2-4% growth in the average performance. And by setting all latencies one step lower we can only boost the performance by 1-2% at best.

We believe that inexpensive DDR3-1600 SDRAM with not very aggressive timings would be the most reasonable choice for contemporary LGA1155 systems: in our opinion, memory like that offers the best price-to-performance ratio today.

A few reviews for the Corsair Carbide 400R --> Tech PowerUP! and Legit reviews.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back