Help me choose a reliable BLDC fan among Superfan Super X1, Atomberg Renesa, Havells Ambrose BLDC and Crompton Energion Groove

Considering these options below
1696069079006.png
1696069121069.png
1696069165903.png
1696069304922.png

Attachments

• 1696069254237.png
    1696069254237.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 64
Running 1 atomberg ceiling fan for 2+ years and another atomberg pedestal fan for 1+ year without any issue.
Remote control is nice and interoperable.

Go with either Superfan or Atomberg. They have been in the BLDC market longer than other players.

I personally have the Atomberg Pedestal fan and its pretty good.

I have both Superfan(7 month user) and Atomberg (using since 2019).

I find Superfan to behave a bit better in edge cases. Like if I by mistake switch off the fan from switchboard and then turn on switch again without waiting for fan to come to standstill. Atomberg stops and atarts with a jolt and bang noise. Superfan manages this quite smoothly without any jerk or noise. My Atomberg is a very old Efficio model though. Newer Atombergs may be better.

Also my Aromberg stopped working just last month (I had been using it since 2019). It was stopping and starting continuously. I raised a request and they came the next day itself. Had to change the controller module for around Rs. 800. It is working fine now.

Like if I by mistake switch off the fan from switchboard and then turn on switch again without waiting for fan to come to standstill. Atomberg stops and atarts with a jolt and bang noise. Superfan manages this quite smoothly without any jerk or noise. My Atomberg is a very old Efficio model though. Newer Atombergs may be better.
Dont have such issue with both of my fans. It does take couple of seconds for fan to start running again after power off-on but thats it.

Currently using 3 Atomberg fan.2 years passed still all are working properly.I had bought it at 2700.At first I got some issue like wobbling but it got fixed automatically. I thing it occurs due to its weight:)

Hitchhiking on OP's question, this naive me got to know that bldc fans don't require regulators (probably can be damaging too) and are better controlled by remote control.
Are there regulators specifically made for bldc fans.
Can anybody clarify this pls...

Short answer : No,It's the fan.
Long answer:
*******Here, I am referring to BLDC fans without remote features, which necessitate the use of a regulator, as opposed to those equipped with remote functionality

As described in the article I found, modern regulators are designed to work with BLDC fans. However, it's essential to recognize that these regulators come in different forms, each with varying levels of efficiency.
The newer regulators employ capacitors to finely adjust voltage, providing a smoother control method. In contrast, the older generation of regulators relies on resistors to manage voltage output. Unfortunately, this older approach falls short in maintaining the correct AC frequency and can lead to that familiar humming noise, particularly noticeable in some inverters. This inefficiency is often referred to as a decrease in power factor.
In summary, while regulators works with BLDC fans, the type of regulator used can significantly impact the overall performance and power efficiency.

@deka236
At home using electronic regulators for bldc fans (didn't knew this info prior), are general electronic regulators fine or any special kind recommended to avoid damage?
thanks so much for response.

@deka236
At home using electronic regulators for bldc fans (didn't knew this info prior), are general electronic regulators fine or any special kind recommended to avoid damage?
thanks so much for response.
I apologize for the delayed response. The course of action should be determined by the fan's configuration. If the installation manual explicitly states that you should bypass the regulator, then it's advisable to do so. However, if the manual doesn't mention anything regarding the regulator, there's typically no need to worry. It's always important to read the installation manual carefully. This ensures that you can confidently assert you've followed the manual's instructions if any issues arise. Neglecting to adhere to the installation manual might risk voiding your warranty, as manufacturers often require installation in accordance with their provided instructions.

@deka236
Thanks so much for update... Have a bldc fan connected with common electronic regulator making groaning noise when it starts, speed is not being controlled properly, etc.
All fans at home being bldc will need a review now... Never imagined this situation.

Back