Help me decide a Gaming/Animation rig for 75k

Davidboon said:
Guys i have not joined my college , i am going to join my college next month . so ill be buying this rig between 25-30 of this month . so im pretty noob at whats software i am going to deal over there , but those of you guys are in this field know more than me and another thing i am going to stick with 4GB ram , because AMD processor doesn't support triple channel ram :( .

and as for the graphics card i will wait till November 1st week for my purchase , till then i will be using my 9800GT .
Where are you joining up for your course bru and well I am not going to drag on a fight with others if they think a hexa core is way to go it is way to go

ALPHA17 said:
Where are you joining up for your course bru and well I am not going to drag on a fight with others if they think a hexa core is way to go it is way to go

No one's fighting with you bro, its just that softwares do support muti-core procs. I don't know how far you are into your course but when you batch render in Maya, it even gives u the option to specify the no. of cores you wanna use. Check for yourself,

No one's fighting with you bro, its just that softwares do support muti-core procs. I don't know how far you are into your course but when you batch render in Maya, it even gives u the option to specify the no. of cores you wanna use. Check for yourself,

Thanks man appreciated will use this step once I begin on MAYA

Davidboon said:
Guys i have not joined my college , i am going to join my college next month . so ill be buying this rig between 25-30 of this month . so im pretty noob at whats software i am going to deal over there , but those of you guys are in this field know more than me and another thing i am going to stick with 4GB ram , because AMD processor doesn't support triple channel ram :( .

and as for the graphics card i will wait till November 1st week for my purchase , till then i will be using my 9800GT .
At least buy 2 kits of 4gb Ram each = 8gb, Gskill or corsair.

As for MSI 890FX GD70 check out this review.

ALPHA17 said:
Thanks man appreciated will use this step once I begin on MAYA
No probs mate, that's what everyone's here for :hap2:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Davidboon said:

You have mentioned that you are joining a college for animation, in which case this might be a degree course. Then the first year or so will mostly entail training you in foundation art (sketching, painting, anatomy etc.) and the digital part will involve Photoshop and Flash etc., i.e., 2D. So going for even 4gb at this point would be an overkill. But since you will be gaming as well so 4gb is good enough for now and when you do get into 3D and Compositing, then you can add the extra RAM. Will save you some money for now and you might get the sticks at cheaper rates when u upgrade in the future.

No probs mate, that's what everyone's here for :hap2:

You have mentioned that you are joining a college for animation, in which case this might be a degree course. Then the first year or so will mostly entail training you in foundation art (sketching, painting, anatomy etc.) and the digital part will involve Photoshop and Flash etc., i.e., 2D. So going for even 4gb at this point would be an overkill. But since you will be gaming as well so 4gb is good enough for now and when you do get into 3D and Compositing, then you can add the extra RAM. Will save you some money for now and you might get the sticks at cheaper rates when u upgrade in the future.

The college where i got admission , i have got admission directly to the 2nd year through entrance test . so pretty much i will be dealing with a lot of softwares there . so im thinking of having 4GB ram and then upgrading it later .

guys , also i have a Numeric digital 600 plus UPS , will it suffice my needs or i shall have to get a new one ?

For UPS either the APC 650 VA or the 800 VA depending on how much of backup time you need

650 VA ~ 2.5K ( upto 10 mins hold )

800 VA ~ 3.4K ( upto 15 - 20 mins )

ALPHA17 said:
For UPS either the APC 650 VA or the 800 VA depending on how much of backup time you need

650 VA ~ 2.5K ( upto 10 mins hold )
800 VA ~ 3.4K ( upto 15 - 20 mins )
Wont my numeric 600 VA do the job ? i dont need much backup time . at most i will require 5 min backup to save and switch off my pc .

I don't have any experience with Numeric UPSs' so I can't say wait for others to ptch in their views but I recommend APC due to their quality my Frontech 600 VA got fried the first time the power cut, bought a 550 VA from APC and it gives a hold of less than 5 mins

See the problem with less hold time is you have a smaller window to back up your work and if your PC shows a lag in that time you might as well say the thing will go Kaput and the save will be nullified

aman.pitbull said:
Among all the brands here only trust APC , you'll have to buy at least APC 1000VA that costs 6000 :(bucks.
I don't think you need that much of investment my friend has a 1100 VA UPS and he hasn't been able to charge it to use it only :p, 800 VA is good enough in my views :)

Back