Help me make my new PC

dhruvrock2000

ex-Mod
May 4, 2009
New Delhi
Hey Guys,

Well finally i've made up my mind regarding my gaming pc / console dilemma. I just dont think that PC Gaming is for me as i wont be able to invest that sort of money every year or so to get optimum performance. So i need you guys to help me come up with a new PC. I will be getting a PS3 for my gaming fix

1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 15-20k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

2.2Ghz C2D laptop + Netbook + 1.6Ghz P4 Desktop

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Wireless KBD + Mouse , 24" Full HD monitor <<i love this <3 >> , DVD Drive , Speakers etc...

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Got to buy the CPU minus the ODD

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Small upgrades like RAM etc i can do over time if that means i can better core hardware in this budget

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

New Delhi , Nehru Place

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

If the deal is good and preferably seller is in Delhi then might consider

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Downloading , programming , Encoding , HD Blu-ray VC-1 Rips (plz keep in mind) , Music , Would love it if it can run Starcraft II / Diablo III :D

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Nah...

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Would like to play StarCraft II / Diablo II but its not a necessity

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Desktop 1920 X 1080

Movies 1920 X 1080

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Nothing against it... unlocking cores etc... i dont mind it if i get a good deal.

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7

So as the questionnaire answered, i would like these specs in the PC. I can forego a GPU if the IGP is good enough... I would like atleast a quadcore to be future proof... DDR3 RAM would be great... i can get 2GB now then upgrade to 4GB a bit later i guess.... USB 3 would be fantastic...

So you can see i basically want the coolest PC i can get in that budget ;)

Please let me know if i can get something better in a little more... also for the future could u let me know what Gfx cards would give me the best bang for the buck... i'd like to start saving now onwards :p

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
Components Description Price (INR)
Processor AMD Phenom II X2 555BE(3.2Ghz, 2 cores, 6MB L3 Cache) 4900
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 5700
RAM 2GB 1333MHz Kingston DDRIII RAM 2600
HDD 500 GB WD Blue 2100
Cabinet CM ELite 310/CM Elite 335 1600/2200
PSU/SMPS FSP SAGAII 400w/Corsair CX400 2100/2700
Total 19000/20200

Get a decent PSU as it would allow you to add a good mid-range GPU to the system when needed and also ensure the safety of the system components by providing safe and clean power to the system.

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
dhruvrock2000 said:
So i am guessing that this processor can be unlocked to quad core ?
Yup the 555BE has a high unlock rate till now (80%+). Even if it doesnt unlock(bad luck) its worth 4.9k.