Help me make my new PC

Hey Guys,

Well finally i've made up my mind regarding my gaming pc / console dilemma. I just dont think that PC Gaming is for me as i wont be able to invest that sort of money every year or so to get optimum performance. So i need you guys to help me come up with a new PC. I will be getting a PS3 for my gaming fix

1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 15-20k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

2.2Ghz C2D laptop + Netbook + 1.6Ghz P4 Desktop

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Wireless KBD + Mouse , 24" Full HD monitor <<i love this <3 >> , DVD Drive , Speakers etc...

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Got to buy the CPU minus the ODD

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Small upgrades like RAM etc i can do over time if that means i can better core hardware in this budget

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

New Delhi , Nehru Place

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

If the deal is good and preferably seller is in Delhi then might consider

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Downloading , programming , Encoding , HD Blu-ray VC-1 Rips (plz keep in mind) , Music , Would love it if it can run Starcraft II / Diablo III :D

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Nah...

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Would like to play StarCraft II / Diablo II but its not a necessity

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Desktop 1920 X 1080

Movies 1920 X 1080

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Nothing against it... unlocking cores etc... i dont mind it if i get a good deal.

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7

So as the questionnaire answered, i would like these specs in the PC. I can forego a GPU if the IGP is good enough... I would like atleast a quadcore to be future proof... DDR3 RAM would be great... i can get 2GB now then upgrade to 4GB a bit later i guess.... USB 3 would be fantastic...

So you can see i basically want the coolest PC i can get in that budget ;)

Please let me know if i can get something better in a little more... also for the future could u let me know what Gfx cards would give me the best bang for the buck... i'd like to start saving now onwards :p

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor AMD Phenom II X2 555BE(3.2Ghz, 2 cores, 6MB L3 Cache) 4900
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 5700
RAM 2GB 1333MHz Kingston DDRIII RAM 2600
HDD 500 GB WD Blue 2100
Cabinet CM ELite 310/CM Elite 335 1600/2200
PSU/SMPS FSP SAGAII 400w/Corsair CX400 2100/2700
Total 19000/20200

Get a decent PSU as it would allow you to add a good mid-range GPU to the system when needed and also ensure the safety of the system components by providing safe and clean power to the system.

dhruvrock2000 said:
So i am guessing that this processor can be unlocked to quad core ?
Yup the 555BE has a high unlock rate till now (80%+). Even if it doesnt unlock(bad luck) its worth 4.9k.

Back