Help me pick an Android phone (30k budget)

Wolfff

Adept
So after a long time, I'm in the market for a phone. Have been out of touch with the latest and greatest for a couple of years now. Here's what I've shortlisted so far:

Motorola Defy: 18k. Total VFM. Its Waterproof! Sleek looking. Nice screen. Its waterproof! But Motorola's past reputation with delayed updates is off-putting.

HTC Desire HD: 25k. Love the 4.3" form factor. Are updated versions of Android in the pipeline?

Nexus S: 26k. Obviously love the curved screen and everything else. Assured of latest greatest updates immediately. But is anything else better out there ?

Not interested in the Xperia Arc because no front cam.

I was in same dilemma as OP...here goes my thread

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/new-phone-in-budget-25-30k-187374.html

I ended up buying a mint condition Samsung Vibrant which is same as Samsung Galaxy S for 15k...If you keep on waiting, your wait will never end...it seems we have reached an era of Technological Singularity in case of Mobile Phones :D

I will suggest get a cheap android phone for now if you are desperate and sell it off after 4-5 months. And then get a dual core phone. By that time you will get applications which will really utilize dual cores and price would have been settled too. Samsung Galaxy S2 looks amazing and I plan to buy the same after some time :) And SMOLED screen is really amazing...Desire HD screen looks nothing in-front of Galaxy S screen...also I felt Galaxy S screen is more responsive than Desire HD. And keep on mind that Desire HD has 1230 mAh battery while Galaxy S has 1500 mAh battery so Galaxy S will last longer than Desire HD. And if you are going for single cores...buy Incredible S...it's better than Nexus S IMHO.

Of course it is. But the Arc is already out and for the SGSII and the sensation you need to wait atleast a couple more months. If you cant wait get the Arc, else get the sensation. Dont get a crappy LG for christs sake.

Pros for sensation

Metal body and excellent construction

Excellent UI.Throws the SGSII into oblivion.

Better dev support

Fast updates

Extremely customizable

SGSII pros

SuperAmoled+screen

great camera

NFC :p

Wifi Direct

and a few numbers..

@OP - when you plan to buy mobile ? are you ready to wait ? If you are considering LG 2x, then have a look at it in person. LG phones looks cheap/plasticy [my personal opinion]. Even I am in same shoes, but I have decided to wait and get iP4 in June/July when prices slash down. I expect to get iP4 FU around 25K, if they launch iPhone 4G / iPhone 5, not baby iPhone.

so my favs :

1. Wait :p

2. Neo / Arc

3. HTC IS

Konquerror said:
Desire HD screen looks nothing in-front of Galaxy S screen...

Well, I agree SGS's screen is better, but DHD screen is not like "nothing in-front" of it type. If I give 4.5/5 to SGS, then DHD grabs 4/5 from me. Again, it's personal opinion.

Konquerror said:
also I felt Galaxy S screen is more responsive than Desire HD.

Nope, I don't agree.

OT : @rite - why you were banned dude ?

Back