Graphic Cards Help me: WTB a new Graphic Card at the Budget of 10k !

dingemini312 said:
does anyone have any idea about the XFX8600gt FATALITY edition .. how is it ?

i got hold my XFX 8600GT Fatal1ty for 8700 bucks..i have yet to assemble my rig so i cant comment bout its perfomance..for a hard bargain u could get it for a lesser price..

another option is to get 8600GT and oc it along with adding of 1 fan..maybe that could save u a few bucks..

corpsegrinder said:
i got hold my XFX 8600GT Fatal1ty for 8700 bucks..i have yet to assemble my rig so i cant comment bout its perfomance..for a hard bargain u could get it for a lesser price..

another option is to get 8600GT and oc it along with adding of 1 fan..maybe that could save u a few bucks..

are u from mumbai and if yes from where ?

They consume almost same amount of power. As far as i remember both cards on stock speeds , 7900GS eats arnd 49W(load) , 8600GT arnd 43W(load). Usually implementations are not always reference & speeds r diff....so both will have arnd same load .

an 8600GT eats arnd 65-70W when heavily oced to arnd ( 700 core/1600 shader/1700 mem)

@Supra, the loads u mentioned are when a system goes from Idle to load condition right, cause there is no way a 7900GS needs just 50W of power....from idle to load yes, but not otherwise....the PCIE slot alone provides for 70W of power, one wouldnt need extra connectors if the power consumed was so less

Hmm...Deepak thats why I saw dont always go by what it looks like & just the specifications. Get yourself a watt meter soon :p.Anyway for your reference here is the link (Xbitlabs...they are extremely reliable). I am also attaching the image

Source - X-bit labs - GeForce 8 Streams to the Mainstream: Asus GeForce 8600 GTS Review (page 7)

The PCI-E connector is just given for safety purpose....in case u plan to OC it a lot...so that it doesn't run out of juice from the slot

Lol...a wattmeter...naaa...have had enough of those in college...this power consumption is peanuts....literally...dunno why everyone keeps on complaining about too much power then

Thats what people will say u need a min Powersafe 500 to run a 7900GS :p....but even a powersafe 400W (with 20A on 12V) shound run this easily :p

dingemini312 said:
@dafreaking....... they are not going to release DX10 thing for windows xp .. not now and not in future !

so for u i will recommend get a better 7 series card ! by the way just confirmed galaxy 7950gt for 13k only !

but still out of my budget :(

galaxy 7950gt is agp AFAIK...i also have to go for a pci-e card but anything less than 8800gts in g80 is just not worth buying.
So i have budget of around 12k and dont know wht dx9.0 card to go for...
which one???
x1950 pro
7900gs
Help..want a vfm card :( :(

Deepak said:
Forget the Fatality Edition, costs 1500 more for a OC and silent operation....std. 8600GT costs 7200 now....get that

man dont keep on saying its for 7200, its nowhere to be found in 7200, just because 1 guy bought it for 7200 doesnt make it 7200 for all of us, its still going for around Rs. 7700. And yes if you do have any store name where it can be found for 7200 then please mention it, coz i am in need for this card for a friend of mine.

hmmmm....@deepak, i think you are in delhi right now? by any chance do you know any store where i can get this card for Rs. 7200, All the stores in NP are still selling it above Rs. 8000.

^^ That price was for Bangalore m8, nj_gamer just picked it up for 7200+VAT

You can try roaming around NP, maybe you'll get lcuky...

@dingemini, I'll suggest this...

If you dont want HDTV decoding (if you have a good processor to decode it or dont watch HD (720p or 1080p stuff) go for 7900GS

else get the 8600GT

the 7950GT etc perform marginally better (kinda like 8800GTS and 8800GTX, but a lil less difference) and cost a lot more, atleast here in apna India...so IMO no use in getting them instead of d 7900GS

Deepak, 7950GT is not "marginally" better, but substantially better, there's a reasonable diff in 7900GS/7900GT/7950GT.

As the others suggested, get a high end DX9 card instead of mainstream DX10, even if u get 8600's + Vista u wont be able to run games on high eyecandy, but a 7900GT etc.. will give much performance.

@kniwor, yeah I kno and like I said something of a difference between 8800GTS 320 and GTX

Dunno for 7950for sure, but 7900GT and 7900GS are almost 10-15% difference, maybe even less...

Back