Help! need to finalise one today.. which phone ?

My old phone went kaput.. so need to buy a new one, Have a budget of 20k tops..

1) Moto defy - lacks the front facing camera... may be of use someday ? (14k?)

2) HD2 - on offer for 16k.. again the front facing camera and battery life ? 16k

3) Nexus s - fits the bill .. why isint it that popular ? (19.9k)

Not considering spice mi-410 because looks too ordinary.. I'd rather have sth better looking plus the battery life is lil doubtful.

Usage : Lots of calls, texting, and possibly 3g . No gaming
:)

not really comprehensive... but can tell a few things- defy has higher SAR. HD2 has the lowest mAh of the three-by a good measure. Nexus S curved oilophobic screen is awesome and better but absence of FM might sound downer for some. Battery life depends largely on what are you running on your mobile(OS, apps, firmware etc)-all are around 1500mAh except HD2@1230mAh

yes vanilla droid dosnot support video call over 3g yet. the reason behind is most probably its bnot so popular in us or european countries. thats a downer... but its pretty costly yet... cheapest is bsnl.. 70p/min local.. video call over skype is free. only data charge///

How abt a Desire Hd, yea it does not have a front facing camera but other than that its a great device, you can check at phone sell thread, I am selling mine for 16.5 with 7 months warrenty left.

Regards,

Nexus S all the way. 16gb should be enough for you since you are only using it for lots of calls, text etc. The reason it is not popular is because the sgs seems to be a better choice because of gorilla glass, superamoled, same hardware, fm radio and also popular. But Nexus S will have better software updates because it is straight from google.

For the price, Nexus S is worth it because of software and more than capable hardware.

amritsingh87 said:

2) HD2 - on offer for 16k.. again the front facing camera and battery life ? 16k

Not considering spice mi-410 because looks too ordinary.. I'd rather have sth better looking plus the battery life is lil doubtful.

Spice MI 410 looks too Ordinary????? In what sense ......

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

amritsingh87 said:

If your budget is 20 K, definitely go for Nexus S......

Dang!! just when I thought Nexus s was perfect - No video calls on 3G :(
16GB is enough for me..
no FM - dont care
Gorilla glass - yes a downer.. but not a deal breaker.. No 3G video calling is :(
guys, If I can push the budget to 23-24k.. can I get something way better ? (battery life too)
I like Incredibe S.. but too overpriced IMO.
Is there a point in waiting for 9103 and the likes ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dhruvrock2000 said:
^^ Under 20k , E6 all the way ! What a keypad ! And amazin amazing battery life ! Check out my post here : http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/say-hi-to-the-nokia-e6-193919.html
After dealing with their service centers... Nokia.. Never ever ever .

^ You could get a Motorola Atrix 4G from ebay.com shipped via aramex for 16-18k, dual core 1ghz, gorilla glass, huge battery, not sure about video calls on 3G though. A real VFM compared to the devices in comparison here, but obviously with a little risk of getting it from abroad, like no warranty.

I hear Atrixes that are available have signed bootloader so cannot load custom ROMs onto them. Not only that, AT&T installed bloatware on them, which are open pop-ups to upgrade them and some of these bloatware cannot be deleted.

Make sure before buying.

Back