Help! need to finalise one today.. which phone ?

My old phone went kaput.. so need to buy a new one, Have a budget of 20k tops..

1) Moto defy - lacks the front facing camera... may be of use someday ? (14k?)

2) HD2 - on offer for 16k.. again the front facing camera and battery life ? 16k

3) Nexus s - fits the bill .. why isint it that popular ? (19.9k)

Not considering spice mi-410 because looks too ordinary.. I'd rather have sth better looking plus the battery life is lil doubtful.

Usage : Lots of calls, texting, and possibly 3g . No gaming
:)

Pray.. how ? 475$ min

arun687 said:
^ You could get a Motorola Atrix 4G from ebay.com shipped via aramex for 16-18k, dual core 1ghz, gorilla glass, huge battery, not sure about video calls on 3G though. A real VFM compared to the devices in comparison here, but obviously with a little risk of getting it from abroad, like no warranty.

^ will improve with time. The phone is sold worldwide and the prices are supposed to get cheaper plus it is a htc mid range device. F@$ing htc price it like high end, therefore so few devs now i guess

amritsingh87 said:
Pray.. how ? 475$ min
Look for auctions not buy it now prices. Few people on te already got one around $320-350. Add another 2.5k max for customs and shipping, another $15 something for carrier unlocking if not done already by seller.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

zhopudey said:
Not even movies/videos and music? No need for a good camera? No playing with apps and roms? Then imho there is no need to spend anywhere near 20K.

Need it to be a little flashy :p and I like big touchscreen phones.

Music maybe.. Apps for sure.. no games..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

matrix0683 said:
Go with Nokia E6, if you are really into text, having a physical keyboard is something that you would always cherish.
No nokia man.. 3 horrible horrible experiences..

[quote name='arun687']Look for auctions not buy it now prices. Few people on te already got one around $320-350. Add another 2.5k max for customs and shipping, another $15 something for carrier unlocking if not done already by seller.

Will try.. Atrix is a very very tempting offer..

Do you want to make 3g video call to a phone through phone number only? not a 3g video call to a phone through google talk?

amritsingh87 said:
Dang!! just when I thought Nexus s was perfect - No video calls on 3G :(
16GB is enough for me..
no FM - dont care
Gorilla glass - yes a downer.. but not a deal breaker.. No 3G video calling is :(
guys, If I can push the budget to 23-24k.. can I get something way better ? (battery life too)
I like Incredibe S.. but too overpriced IMO.
Is there a point in waiting for 9103 and the likes ?

After dealing with their service centers... Nokia.. Never ever ever .

If you like modding your phone then get the HD2. It blows every other phone out of the water once it is flashed with a custom rom. Not to mention it can either run a fast and stable - Windows Phone 7 OR Android 2.3 OR Windows Mobile 6.5.

Back