CPU/Mobo Help Needed...Alternate motherboard for ASUS M4A78LT-M LE

sumit410

Disciple
I was in Nehru Place today looking for amd atholn x2 250 and ASUS M4A78LT-M LE combo..proccy was there but this motherboard was not available..they were offering me ASUS M4A88...which was slightly out of my budget..Another option was Gigabyte MA74GMT..how is dis board?? Plz suggest a good mb around 3000..I need to buy it on monday..thanks

740G is inferior to the 760G that the Asus M4A78LT-M LE offers. What other quotes do you have for around that price point?

DarkAngel said:
740G is inferior to the 760G that the Asus M4A78LT-M LE offers. What other quotes do you have for around that price point?
SMC offered me ASUS M4A88.. board at rs 4400 and Gigabyte MA74GMT was around 2400...i didnt enquired much about other motherboards coz i didn have any idea about other motherboards at that point of time..any other motherboard u want to suggest ??

sumit410 said:
SMC offered me ASUS M4A88.. board at rs 4400 and Gigabyte MA74GMT was around 2400...i didnt enquired much about other motherboards coz i didn have any idea about other motherboards at that point of time..any other motherboard u want to suggest ??
MSI 785G based DDR3 mobos costs ~3.5k-3.6k. If you have the budget then go for that.

sumit410 said:
I was in Nehru Place today looking for amd atholn x2 250 and ASUS M4A78LT-M LE combo..proccy was there but this motherboard was not available..they were offering me ASUS M4A88...which was slightly out of my budget..

Was that M4A88T-M?

There is a cheaper 880G motherboard available iirc- ASUS M4A88T-M LE- 2 x DIMM, 125W CPU support- http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=kprOtsIQXLuQ0UxE

You may also check the availability and pricing for ASUS M4A78LT-M.

4 x DIMM, supports CPU upto 125W, HDMI, etc

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - ASUS - ASUS M4A78LT-M

M4A78LT-M LE : Support CPU up to 95W, 2xDIMM, SB710
M4A78LT-M : Support CPU up to 125W, 4xDIMM, SB710

Does this mean, M4A78LT-M can be used to unlock 2core AMD processors into 4 core? As it has 125w CPU support along with the required SB710

[Official]AMD K10.5 Core & Cache Unlocking Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Quick overview of parts needed
AMD Phenom II x3, Phenom II x4 (with a T at the end of their model number like the 960T), Athlon II (with a cacad stepping code), or AMD Phenom II x2
Motherboard with:
Advanced Clock Calibration (ACC; present on the SB710 & SB750 motherboard.)
Core Unlocker, Turbo Unlocker (or any other name given to motherboards by the maker to replace ACC which isn't present in the SB800 Series.)
NVCC (Present on some nForce 7 series and all nForce 9 Series motherboard.)
A little bit of luck (arguably the most important part.)

Back