PC Peripherals help needed in buyin new PSU+CASE+HDD

Hello ppl...

I wanted a little help....i want to buy a new psu + case + hdd....mah budget wud be around 13-15 k'z for all three....

I wud be making the purchase between 3rd - 5th Feb from mumbai...so please consider the availabliity factor @ lammy...

My config is :

Intel c2d 6600
Asus p5b dlx
Ocz platinum 2*1 gigs pc6400
xfx 6800 xt xtreme 256 mb
---

I was planning to buy super lanboy + neo he 500....how much wud the combo cost n is it available @ lammy??
and for the hdd ..i was plannin for @least 250 gigs sata II.......

So please lemme know ur suggestions on which PSU , HDD and CASE to buy....(by not emptyin mah pockets much :p )

thnx :)

The Super Lanboy is usually around ~ 5.5k, and the NeoHE 500W ~ 6.7k.

AFAIK most 250gig disks are around the 3.9k mark. Seagate or Hitachi both are good choices.

Crazy_Eddy said:
The Super Lanboy is usually around ~ 5.5k, and the NeoHE 500W ~ 6.7k.
AFAIK most 250gig disks are around the 3.9k mark. Seagate or Hitachi both are good choices.

Hmm.....so wat are the other combos u'd suggest? n wat bout availability?

Well the NeoHE is a pretty solid choice, so i would not recommend skimping on that aspect. There is the Zebronics Diamond series (which are Skyhawk OEMs), and should be cheaper. Seventeam PSU's are available in Delhi as well - though i have no clue about the pricing.

You could instead look for alternates wrt to the case based on what you're looking for in it. Chieftec cases are available which seem to offer good designs but not too heavy pricing.

The Super Lanboy is an extremely light case, however i have no idea of any similar models :no:

Get the Neo HE 500 (6.5k) and a Seagate 320 GB SATA2 (4.6k) . Leaves about 3.9k for the cabinet. Get the best you can. As Crazy_Eddy said, you can opt for the Cheiftec or Zebronics server cabinets if you want ample space and do not mind the size and weight. Neither of the them should not cost more than 3.5k.

How about the cases from cooler master? is there ne chance i can get a stacker for cheap?? ( i know tht might sound dumb :p )

n how about the psu's from powersafe and cooler master?

HDD is done.....i guess i'll go wid Seagate 320gigs...

Stacker will take up almost the whole of your budget (13.5k). :bleh:

If you have plans for a highend DX10 card in the future, then better go for Neo HE 500 or better. Apart from the CM Extreme Power 600W is a nice value for money solution (3.5k) Just dont let the 600W rating go to the head though. :p From what I heard, its a rebadged seventeam 500W PSU. The iGreen series cost almost similar to the Neo HE and are supposed to be good. But NeoHE 500 would be still a better deal of the two. Powersafe has some good PSU's, But I wouldnt take the risk with a 30k GPU.

Do not compromise on the PSU for a need of a hi-end cabby..

Much better to get a hi-end PSU like the Antec NeoHE or better yet Corsair 620W and settle for a Chieftec or Zebby cabbie..They're not bad u know.. :p

AMD4Life said:
Do not compromise on the PSU for a need of a hi-end cabby..
Much better to get a hi-end PSU like the Antec NeoHE or better yet Corsair 620W and settle for a Chieftec or Zebby cabbie..They're not bad u know.. :p

Yes, I second that absolutely. Concentrate more on the PSU. you will get decent enough cabby from zebronics or chieftec.

I love my Chieftecs. Though the case is a bit heavy, its super spacious and ventilated, and the 450W psu is running a 7800GTX with no issues at all..the chieftec PSUs are delta OEMs, hi-quality jap caps :D

PSU + Cabby will cost you abt 6k, call shailesh on 98200-43980

aite...thx for the suggestions......i saw VIP cases aaj....they r nice too..
newayz....i'll go for a gud psu ( most prolly Neo he ) n a decent case....

Thnx :)

I would suggest you to buy a Zebronics Cabinet separately which should be around Rs. 900 - Rs. 1800 without SMPS, just see carefully inside the cabinet what all Fans and Ventelations have been provided. Couple it with a Cooler Master eXtreme Power 600W SMPS which comes for Rs. 3700/-. So for around Rs. 5000 you can expect a decent Gaming Cabinet.

:S guyz....i was @ lammy on monday.....n it was the sadest day for me :(
from wat i had heard in the past was tht lammy in the place to be when it comes to look for Pc stuff.....but....

Well....i was loookin for superlanboy + antec Neo He 500......n none of the dealers had these.....none of them had cm igreen aswell.....

In the end i had to buy Zebronics Peace cabinet with a powersafe 500w ( golden ) psu......n the combo costed me 9.3 k'zzz :S.....

Wtf...i neva xpected VIP stuff to be so xpensive :S

cOOl_chap said:
In the end i had to buy Zebronics Peace cabinet with a powersafe 500w ( golden ) psu......n the combo costed me 9.3 k'zzz :S.....

You do mean Rupees Nine Thousand Three Hundred?? :S :S
Dude! You have paid atleast double the amount for that cabby & PSU!! :no:

Hi

Just grab the best deal from Tech Enclave. U will get the Praetorian 731 the Cooler Master one at really cheap rate i.e 5.5K

If u want a good deal with it go for the Cooler Master Extreme 600W PSU. it will really help u out. Try to contact . A & A Computech in andheri.

he might have got the best deal fro PSU.

Back