Help needed in finding accommodation in Pune

Hi
I believe there are lot of people on TE from Pune. I need help in finding accomodation in Pune near Gultekdi, Market Yard.
I need 1BHK apartment. What can I do besides searching on sulekha, quickr?
Some people are wary of bachelors and try to keep a check. I need a place which is open like Magarpatta, Amanora etc.

Where will you be working ? I am presuming IT and by the looks of it, you will be in Hadapsar area (know nothing about it) and not Hinjewadi ?
Any specific reason for the Market Yard area chosen ?
Sulekha etc would be best option as i personally have a hard time finding direct owners or tenants who want to give house. These websites will give you broker names usually.
Since you are a bachelor, you want shared accommodation or 1BHK all for yourself, shared will fetch results faster and you can also try in your company's internal classified portal (if there is one).

raksrules thanks for your reply. I will be joining course and my institute is in market yard. I have another friend and we are thinking to get 1 BHK.
Guys can you give idea about traffic in pune. Some of my friends are living in places like amanora/magarpatta. will it be hectic to drive two wheeler for 12kms one side?

raksrules thanks for your reply. I will be joining course and my institute is in market yard. I have another friend and we are thinking to get 1 BHK.
Guys can you give idea about traffic in pune. Some of my friends are living in places like amanora/magarpatta. will it be hectic to drive two wheeler for 12kms one side?

Not sure about your area but the 15 Km stretch that i travel everyday between Aundh and Hinjewadi is hell. Especially in Hinjewadi. I have given up on riding bike in this city and use only on weekends sometimes to go somewhere and if it is in Aundh itself i just walk (not related to traffic, just don't want to ride).

@satan194p inquire at the old time shops or the paan walla of the area you are seeking accommodation. They always have some info and you escape brokerage.
Take a walk around the area where you want to live and look out for similar clothes drying out, tell tale signs of a bachelor bunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back