Monitors Help needed with display/monitor

bucephalas

Disciple
Im a newbie.....so i was not familiar with this site and also with pc so guys help me 2 learn....

Recently im having a problem wen i try to change the Monitor resolution to
1024x768 my monitor just changes to power management screen which shows " out of freqency " and after 20 sec the monitor gets switched off...
So please help me out...

bucephalas said:
how to lower the refresh rate........

in the same place u change resolution(ie display properties), there should be a button labelled "advanced". click that and in one of the tabs there should be an option to change refresh rate

maybe u will need to update the graphics drivers. also tell if ur using onboard graphics or a graphics card - if u can

bucephalas said:
im having a LG monitor....
how should i change it to 60Hz

LG Monitor?? Its like saying i am a human:no: .

Anyways to change the refresh rate of the Monitor, right click on desktop>propreties> in display properties>settings tab>advanced>Monitor. Here you can find Screen Refresh rate option under Monitor settings, select 60 Hertz from it.

bucephalas said:
im having a LG monitor....
how should i change it to 60Hz
in monitor tab , you will find 'refresh rates' click on it and go to 60Hz and then click on "Apply" . it will change .
Hunter said:
in the same place u change resolution(ie display properties), there should be a button labelled "advanced". click that and in one of the tabs there should be an option to change refresh rate

EDIT: give Saiyan a ho ha ho ha :p

ok ... to start of with when you start your computer start tapping on F8 key ...you will get to windows advanced options . select VGA mode in that screen and hit enter . hit enter again . you will get to desktop .

there lower your refresh rate to say 70 . you do that by " right click on desktop - > properties -> settings -> advanced - > monitor . " in the dropdown select 70 and hit apply . restart pc .
this should solve the issue .

dude just tell us which model of LG it is ... it could be EXTREMELY hepful... the model number should be written in the front and back panel of the monitor :)

Back