help required wifi setup on night plan

Wolfbane

Disciple
Hi
I stay in Mumbai and use the 7pm to 9am night plan of 5network.
Yest I brought a linksys 160NL router but when i tried to install it, I got a message that says ethernet connection not found

When I spoke to my ISP guy he says i require an 'always on' connection.

But am sure there must be a way to go around this.

Please help
Thanks

I don't think a router requires always on connection...just plug your ethernet cable to input port of router and connect your computer to router via output ethernet port...and configure it when your internet connection is active...it will work for sure...

Ok, some more problems.

I have a feeling I may have bricked the router :)

The router was up n running fine with minor problems like my wife's older laptop not being able to connect.

Also my ipod touch which was coonecting thru the wifi failed to do so after a day.

Googling said that itouches dont work with N based networks so i logged into router setup page thru a web browser typing the router ip address and changed it to g based only from the earlier mixed mode.

rebooted the PC and then the wifi has gone kaput. if i try to reinstall network magic software, it gives error 322 and the router is not recognized.

Tried to do a hard reset, 30-30-30 types..no luck.

Still trying to figure out if DD-WRT can be installed in 160NL?? the site says that compatibility has been added but still a bit scared to try.

also now i cannot log on to the router settings page thru the browser..says its no longer valid or has moved from the place.

Maybe a firmware upgrade but if ultimately i want to run a torrent downloader on it then maybe should try DD-WRT?

Your suggestions are extremely valuable

Thanks

Back