Android HELP!!! Sony Xperia M Dual- RED LIGHT

Hi Folks,
Around 45days back, i gifted my dad a Sony Xperia M Dual C2004 phone. Was working fine for a couple of days, and he did not use the phone for a month. Yesterday, he put the phone for charging , for around 6hrs, following which the phone is not switching on , and it keeps flashing red light three times. When i plug it to the charger, it starts, shows the battery symbol and switches of again. Have tried the holding the volume up + power button pressed.. does not help. have removed the battery and re-inserted, even that has not helped.
Plz help me out with this..

ya i guess.. it must have been, cause he did not use the phone for more than a month. The other thing is it keeps boot looping when i plug the phone for recharge. I tried the software update, still it's not working.

I have heard about this issue. I read somewhere about a possible solution. It involves keeping the power button pressed and charging the phone for atleast half an hour. Most people tape it down, some have even used rubber bands. See what suits you and give it a shot. Apparently the phone is not able to enter the charging mode because the battery doesn't have enough juice left for it.

Back