Graphic Cards Help wid GFX Selection..!! under 10/12K

dipen01

Skilled
Hey ppl,

I am very confused over which GFX...to get...!! Well i have asked for overall config

here -> http://www.techenclave.com/forums/suggestions-for-config-of-45k-84179.html
Suggestion on even this thread are welcomed

But still... wanted to get get special suggestions on GFX...:D

My budget for GFX i guess is 10K(+2K - if no other option):)

Well ill be using it wid E6300...and yeah ill be gaming a lot.....Plus...i have no chance of upgrading to DX8 Series.....so this is Final..! :no:

Well i have myself....shortlisted...few...but....am very confused..!!:S
7600GT,7800GT,7900GS...

Also please mention the Best Brand for whichever u suggest and its approx price..:)

Thanx...:)

I would say go for a ATI X 1900 GT or 1950 Pro, Sapphire 1950Pro is for 14k.... 1900GT would be slightly cheaper. Miles ahead of theNvidia cards you have mentioned in picture quality.

14K wud b very high i guess...besides i hv heard tht ati cards heat up fast.. n i wont be using any extra cooling...

so wud it b worth..

whats price of 7900GS and 7900GT...

dipen01 said:
14K wud b very high i guess...besides i hv heard tht ati cards heat up fast.. n i wont be using any extra cooling...

so wud it b worth..

whats price of 7900GS and 7900GT...

I got the msi 7900gt for 19k....I would highly recommend this card as it will help you in playing in good resolustions....if it is in higher range get a 7800gt as it is also a good card and can be over clock to reach the desired results....

Which one is better from X 1900GT and XFX 7900GS...

Where does 7800gt coms in above comparison? what abt prices for each..

m very confusd abt prices..if anyone cn clear up prices...

dont go for new card buy.
there was one 7800GT with 2yrs local warranty would be good deal for 11k i guess. or 7900GS is good choice for 14k.
i dont know about x1900GT but it should be more powerful than these ones but will cost more i think.
check avaliability of such card.
i would rate 7800GT < 7900GS < x1900GT

7900GS looking good options if you overclock it then it can give you good performance.

Well if i were u, i wud go wid the 7900GS..its the best bang for the buck n it ocs like hell for sure..n its better than the 7800GT without too much of a price premium.. since i was a little short on the gfx budget, i settled for the 7600gs..this card is again a very good ocable card..

I had an ATI 9800 pro AGP card before n one thing about ATI i can say is tht i'm not going back to ATI again any time soon solely because of a driver issue.. ATI drivers wont install on my server 2003 system as ATI doesnt have a driver version for server 2003..plus ATI is withdrawing support for the old control panel n will have only Catalyst drivers update from now on and the new catalyst drivers wont install if u do not have service pack 2 and .Net framework.. Not that i cannot get service pack 2, i hate all such restrictions..:no:

The Nvidia driver in comparison is very flexible..same driver wud easily install on both XP n 2003 without any problems..n it dont care if u have service pack 2 /.net framework or not..

My opinion..stick to Nvidia....:)

I have had Nvidia 7600 GS and now AtiX1900GT.... of course the cards are in different range, but truly I feel the difference in picture quality more than anything else. I use the pc as HTPC as well and I am so satisfied with ATI.

@RYAN: thanx for ur exp. besides as i mentiond i hv heard dt ati cards heats up fast...

can any1 pls come up wid prices...its too confusin in here..

cz even that is one constraint...

besides ìs the diff betn 7800GT n 7900Gt big and worth the extra price v hv 2pay mre...

Hey dipen, from what i've heard, the 7900GT is on par or only slightly better than the 7800GTX and the 7800GTX is only about 5% better than the 7800GT..so that way, there is not much of a performance gain to take home with the 7900GT..plus the price premium on 7900 gt makes it a costly solution..the 7900GS in comparison hits the sweet spot with its price to performance ratio..

7800 is pass now..if u have money go for 7900GT..if slightly low on it..go for the 7900GS..:)

Also, the 7900 made on the 90 nm archi is more ocer friendly than the 7800 which is a 110 nm architecture..take ur pick..:)

hmmmm!!!

so my choices comes down to

1) XFX 7900GS(????k)

2) ATI X1950 PRO - SAPPHIRE - (13.5k-14k)

Can anyone pls compare these two...

and wil i face any driver or heatin issues wid ATI

dipen01 said:
hmmmm!!!

1) XFX 7900GS(????k)

theres no comparing these 2 cards as they belong to different categories from price n performance point of view..of course the ATI x1950 pro will beat the crap out of the 7900GS in every benchmark but then u are paying tht much more for the ATI x1950...and as i said, the latest catalyst drivers require sp2 and .net framework and there is no driver support for win server 2003..

so if u use xp with sp2 n download the .net framework, u shud be fine with ATI's latest drivers.. as for the 7900GS,it is around 10k..though i'm not sure.. pls confirm with ur dealer....or other members here..:)

Check this page n compare for urself..Tom's Hardware Guide Processors: VGA Charts

dipen01 said:
hmmmm!!!

1) XFX 7900GS(????k)

I would say if these are the two choices go for ati.....

584-607-197.png

if diff betn these two is 4k den am definitely goin wid 7900GS...
btw is tht 4k diff(if there worth) to go for above ati?

@ryan: i highly doubt if 7900gs is for 10k..

stil no-one seems to b havin idea abt prices here :|

am nt @pune rit nw,else wud hv enquird dealer..besides hardware is very costly in pune as compared to bbai..

^^Try Stech computers, on shankarsheth road, byond the flyover, towards ibm building..thers this prabhat industrial estate opp. to the ibm building..ask anyone they'll tell u..talk to mr. sumit taneja of stech computers..they sell comparatively cheaper than the city guys..as for the xfx 7900gs 256 mb, its not more than 11k for sure..but then again check it with the dealers..

Oh yeah...i know stech very well..

got few things sm time back..

hv evn contactd apollyon frm our forum..wil cal him once i reach pune..;)

btw any odr options suit in 12k!!?

thanx :)

Back