Budget 71-90K Help with building Rig for friend

your handle and "CAD" word made me read through out...

which CAD tool you will be using, no part of CAE ?

This RIG is for my friend. Im not much of a mechanical engineer :p . So i dont know the answer to your question:rofl:.

- - - Updated - - -

As you have mentioned :

You won't able to play games on the iMac. Almost all games use Directx which is unavailable on Mac OS, there are only a very few exceptions like World of Warcraft or Starcraft from Blizzard which can run on OpenGL/Mac. So your main demand does not get fulfilled with Mac. Plus you won't get as high configuration on iMac as on custom rig. You would be getting only a good looking computer to boast off :p (imho iMac or Mac suck *no offense*)

Ya il let him know all this :) . Hope he listens.

- - - Updated - - -

As you have mentioned :

You won't able to play games on the iMac. Almost all games use Directx which is unavailable on Mac OS, there are only a very few exceptions like World of Warcraft or Starcraft from Blizzard which can run on OpenGL/Mac. So your main demand does not get fulfilled with Mac. Plus you won't get as high configuration on iMac as on custom rig. You would be getting only a good looking computer to boast off :p (imho iMac or Mac suck *no offense*)

Oh and ya, he plans on buying win8 64 bit :)

If your friend is going to use Autdesk CAD then it does require a good system, but the configuration I have told would be more than enough. Plus your friend is a little late in buying Windows 8 as I had purchased it before Jan 31 and got it for just 1999 INR with Media Center.

gone are the days of autocad, there are newer parametric cad which has changed the 3D designs...

they do require high end graphics...

+1

minus 1 ... Now that's disastrous advice. :annoyed:

If one is ready to pay 75-80k, you do not scrimp on the cabinet - This is the one place that will house all your (expensive) components, it need's to have good air-flow; at least 2-3 fans and room for future expansion. The cheapest & best cabinet is the NZXT Gamma (2.7-2.9k), otherwise the cabby that's suggested - Corsair Carbide 400R is an excellent one

i had bought NZXT Gamma for one of my friend few months back for 2100 from primabgb ;)

Back