Graphic Cards Help with multiple GPU

hellgate

Adept
Feb 4, 2009
Bavdhan, Pune
@Gannu i've a GA-EP45-DS3R mobo which supports CF.so if i get another nv card (like 9800GT) and put it in thr other slot will it work for PhysX or do i hafta connect them with a SLi bridge?also will this thing even work on a CF mobo?

Amarbir

Skilled
May 2, 2006
www.lynx-india.com
hellgate said:
@Gannu i've a GA-EP45-DS3R mobo which supports CF.so if i get another nv card (like 9800GT) and put it in thr other slot will it work for PhysX or do i hafta connect them with a SLi bridge?also will this thing even work on a CF mobo?

Hellgate ,

If The Board is a CF You Cannot Put Two SLi Cards in That

Reactions: 1 person

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
I think what hellgate really wants to ask is whether a nVidia card put in a separate PCix16 slot can be utilized for PhysX or not. i.e If I already have a ATi/nVidia card for graphics, can I put a separate nVidia card in the second slot and make it a dedicated PhysX card or does PhysX support only work when two nVidia cards are SLI'ed.

I am not sure about it myself, it depends on how the PhysX acceleration has been implemented in the nVidia cards.

hellgate

Adept
Feb 4, 2009
Bavdhan, Pune
Lord Nemesis said:
I think what hellgate really wants to ask is whether a nVidia card put in a separate PCix16 slot can be utilized for PhysX or not. i.e If I already have a ATi/nVidia card for graphics, can I put a separate nVidia card in the second slot and make it a dedicated PhysX card or does PhysX support only work when two nVidia cards are SLI'ed.

I am not sure about it myself, it depends on how the PhysX acceleration has been implemented in the nVidia cards.

u got me rt dood.
i do know that i cant SLI on a CF mobo but my q was whether i can put 2 nvidia cards on a CF mobo and make 1 dedicated for PhysX.

and i've SLI'd on MSI X58 SLi so i know that X58 supports both CF & SLi.

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
[mod]Please continue your discussion here and kindly create new thread for your query instead crapping other's thread ![/mod]

muzux2

ex-Mod
May 18, 2008
Srinagar
Gannu said:
^Phyx cards work only on boards that feature SLI. Since the P45 chipset does not have have one, I donk think he can pair another nV card as an SLI card with the GTX275.

Thats not right.. :eek:hyeah:

@ OP : It will work fine, even if you have CF motherboard. PhysX is all done at Driver level and don't required a compatabile motherboard to work.. :)

thebanik

Skilled
May 23, 2007
I havent tried it myself but yes, its supposed to work hellgate....also you dont need to connect the SLI bridge.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
muzux2 said:
Thats not right.. :eek:hyeah:

@ OP : It will work fine, even if you have CF motherboard. PhysX is all done at Driver level and don't required a compatabile motherboard to work.. :)

Muzux2 stands corrected. My bad, I need to read up about the green cards and their legacy.

@hellgate: the 9800GT should work perfectly as a Physx card. Install the card on the 2nd PCI-E 16x slot, install the latest nVidia drivers and enable "Hardware Acceleration" in the PhysX area of the nVidia control panel. You're set to go. :)

shroff87

Disciple
May 11, 2009
^^ Do you even play games with physx so often? It's just a gimmicky feature and the gtx 275 will do fine independently. If you are adamant for a physx card, anything that is a 8800 and above will do great and will be worth it if you give importance to physx.

Extreme boy

Disciple
Oct 13, 2007
A friend of mine using Msi 9800GT (GPU) and Zebronics 8600GT (PPU) on cf ready palit mobo without any problems.