Graphic Cards Help with multiple GPU

@Gannu i've a GA-EP45-DS3R mobo which supports CF.so if i get another nv card (like 9800GT) and put it in thr other slot will it work for PhysX or do i hafta connect them with a SLi bridge?also will this thing even work on a CF mobo?

CF applies to ATI cards, akin to SLI for nVidia.

Your motherboard has a P45 chipset which does not support SLI but CF (Only the Skulltrail platform and the X58 chipset from Intel supports SLI till date.) You can connect an ATI card and another ATI card (preferably a 4xxx series card) in CF on your board.

hellgate said:
@Gannu i've a GA-EP45-DS3R mobo which supports CF.so if i get another nv card (like 9800GT) and put it in thr other slot will it work for PhysX or do i hafta connect them with a SLi bridge?also will this thing even work on a CF mobo?

Hellgate ,

If The Board is a CF You Cannot Put Two SLi Cards in That

I think what hellgate really wants to ask is whether a nVidia card put in a separate PCix16 slot can be utilized for PhysX or not. i.e If I already have a ATi/nVidia card for graphics, can I put a separate nVidia card in the second slot and make it a dedicated PhysX card or does PhysX support only work when two nVidia cards are SLI'ed.

I am not sure about it myself, it depends on how the PhysX acceleration has been implemented in the nVidia cards.

^Phyx cards work only on boards that feature SLI. Since the P45 chipset does not have have one, I donk think he can pair another nV card as an SLI card with the GTX275.

Lord Nemesis said:
I think what hellgate really wants to ask is whether a nVidia card put in a separate PCix16 slot can be utilized for PhysX or not. i.e If I already have a ATi/nVidia card for graphics, can I put a separate nVidia card in the second slot and make it a dedicated PhysX card or does PhysX support only work when two nVidia cards are SLI'ed.

I am not sure about it myself, it depends on how the PhysX acceleration has been implemented in the nVidia cards.

u got me rt dood.
i do know that i cant SLI on a CF mobo but my q was whether i can put 2 nvidia cards on a CF mobo and make 1 dedicated for PhysX.

and i've SLI'd on MSI X58 SLi so i know that X58 supports both CF & SLi.

Gannu said:
^Phyx cards work only on boards that feature SLI. Since the P45 chipset does not have have one, I donk think he can pair another nV card as an SLI card with the GTX275.

Thats not right.. :eek:hyeah:

@ OP : It will work fine, even if you have CF motherboard. PhysX is all done at Driver level and don't required a compatabile motherboard to work.. :)

muzux2 said:
Thats not right.. :eek:hyeah:

@ OP : It will work fine, even if you have CF motherboard. PhysX is all done at Driver level and don't required a compatabile motherboard to work.. :)

Muzux2 stands corrected. My bad, I need to read up about the green cards and their legacy.

@hellgate: the 9800GT should work perfectly as a Physx card. Install the card on the 2nd PCI-E 16x slot, install the latest nVidia drivers and enable "Hardware Acceleration" in the PhysX area of the nVidia control panel. You're set to go. :)

ok 1 last q.
already i've PhysX enabled on the GTX 275.wud there be that much perf improvement to justify spending on a 9800GT to act as separate PhysX card?

^^ Do you even play games with physx so often? It's just a gimmicky feature and the gtx 275 will do fine independently. If you are adamant for a physx card, anything that is a 8800 and above will do great and will be worth it if you give importance to physx.

Back