Graphic Cards Help with new 9800gt.

i have attached it. please check and suggest
PC config

PII X2 550BE@stock
2GB DDR2
Gigabyte GA-78GM-US2H
Cooler Master 460W

The card has no external power supply slot!!!

Attachments

• 9800gt.jpg
    9800gt.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 175
that 128-bit is actually for 128-bit floating point HDR

it must be written 128-bit GDDR3 on thee box..

they generally mention the Memory type after the whole model discription which is misleading...

they should print 512MB GDDR3 but what they do is...

'9800GT 512MB 128-bit (with) GDDR3'

EDITED:

nevermind..

what you seem to have is an energy efficient version of 9800GT (green edition or something)

If it doesnt require 6 pin power connector than it is green edition, its worse than 9600GT if 128bit and only 96 shader processors.

you must have bought this -

xfx9800gtgreen.jpg

i did so but still it shows the same thing..what do i do..however i am observing game fps differences like a 50% increase in Crysis from my old 4670. also noticing a difference in all other games. so is it ok??

mine has 1 dvi conncetor and 1 hdmi connector. the XFX site says the very model has a 256 bit bus width so should i RMA??

mention the exact model number..

it must be on the xfx box as well as on the back of the card.

and no you can not rma if model number has similar specs documented by manufacturer..which will be the case most probably...

nothing can be done about specs from your side.

it is as good as 9600GSO

if the card is less than 2days old then you can get it exchanged for a better card from the retailer...be polite.

i contacted XFX they told me that they would replace the card!!!

but i got an average of 39fps in gta 4 with high settings so is the card ok??

so should i return this to the dealer and get another card??

The bus width seems to be low, run a 3d mark 2006 test, and compare online with a similar rig as yours, should give you an indication.

Theoretically speaking the card should have been slower as compared to 4670, but since you mentioned an increase in speed, it could also mean GPUZ is mis-reporting.

okk will do that!

I just tried out Crysis warhead with the 9800gt and got over 40fps in 1280x960 and a little over 30-35fps in 1440x900 and gamer settings.
Which is way better than my 4670 which could never play at gamer settings. so what do i do?

Even I've faced the same issue with my card..

I brought an XFX 9800GT 512 model no PV-T98G-YNF3 and it shows the clock speed of 550MHz and other attributes too appear low(uploading the GPU-Z screenshot)

I brought it from Rashi...Is it possible for me to get it changed?? it has not even been a month since I brought it...

2419i06.jpg

at least your card has 112 unified shaders mine only has 96!!

Will get it replaced for a new card tomorrow!!!!!!!

Try to contact Rashi and most probably you will get a new card!!

Back