PC Peripherals High end CPU Air cooler OR cheaper Liquid cooler

In gaming the difference between 13700k -> 13900k -> 13900KS is just ~1% jump at each step, basically negligible.
Hence the 13700k was the preferred choice for gaming.
In fact the 5800x3D was very close to the 13700k's perfomance, but at a lower price

13700k does 5.4/4.2 (P/E) GHz boost @ stock
Your +0.2/+0.2 GHz OC will translate to <4% increase in performance.

Stock CB r23 score = ~30,000
Your +4% OC score = ~31,200

13900k score w/ AIR cooler = 38849 (~+30%) (source linked above)
For you to reach that score you would have to OC to 38849*5.4/30000 = ~6.99 GHz

But now you're wondering does the 13900k really boost that high?
What you are forgetting is it also has 8 extra E cores.
Even with a 420mm or a custom loop with multiple radiators you simply can't close that gap.

TLDR: you blew 11k+ chasing a mere 4% extra perfomance
104% of 13700k performance = 80% of 13900k performance

1) 5800x3d is very close to 13700k's performance.. so by your logic 5800x3d is very close to 13900ks performance now because its only 3% difference LMAO.
2) 13700k does 5.3 max in all core workloads, 5.4 is single core boost.. everyone can read the brochure.
3) Cinebench's score dont work like that.. and even if they did.. you need to first determine are u after gaming or after cinebench scores? because when comparing 5800x3d with 13700k you only care about gaming.. but then u suddenly jump to cinebench scores when it suits you?
also from what i can remember i had seen posts of people getting upwards of 32k-33k scores with 13700k's.. and the only reason there is a difference between OC'ed 13700k and 13900KS is 8 extra e-cores which you urself highlighted? so if we were to disable all e-cores on both sides.. 13700k would match gaming performance from the 13900KS.. yes?
One is a 37k processor and the other is upwards of 60K.

So now gaming perfromance from 13700K = 13900KS with OC and 360MM AIO, but otherwise in your quest to save the 6-7k from the cooler you would have to put power limits and undervolts and god knows how many more bandages to get it running cooler.

4) I very well know what i spent, i spent it because i wanted to.. meanwhile you are out here pitchforking on others opinion, my advice to you is to put the same effort in your work and spend less time being a keyboard warrior.

I had already said i rest my case and i wont be replying anymore as you are clearly a kid with way too much time on your hands.

104% of 13700k performance = 80% of 13900k performance
If you can't understand this simple equation, there really is nothing else to be said

You're letting your fanboi out now and grasping at straws. All your arguments have already been disproved in previous posts with reputed sources. You are just trying to justify your choice and prove anyone who doesn't buy an AIO is wrong making wild claims.

You bought the best cooling setup while there was a better processing setup at a similar total price point.

Also, another thing that can't be read on a brochure is that power limit doesn't affect single core performance & gaming - bet you didn't know that did you ;) If only you had a little more free time. Or the sense to listen to someone who's giving you free advice. But kiddo wants to throw a tantrum

My 13700KF ran 5.6ghz p-core and 4.4 e-core (i dont have it anymore since i moved to AMD now otherwise would have gladly ran some tests for you), which is the same as a 13900K at stock. Now this doesnt mean i was able to get the same CB scores as a 13900K? but any additional frames a 13900K was providing during gaming? i had them with a processor which was 15K cheaper.
Synthetic benchmarks aside, if it's just gaming, then the 7800X3D is more of a justified example. It's faster than even a 14900K in most games, let alone a 13700K. It also costs the same as a 13700K. And this is without any additional overclocks.

But either way, as long as you don't cheap out with the bare minimum required for these chips, we're all good :)
so if we were to disable all e-cores on both sides.. 13700k would match gaming performance from the 13900KS.. yes?
Also, this statement is a bit contradicting to your earlier points.

Why would you gimp performance on a 13900K by disabling additional e-cores? To close the gap between both processors? It goes against your earlier statement of " You shouldn't spend money on a high-end chip, but cheap out on something that will give you additional performance."

Last edited:
meanwhile you are out here pitchforking on others opinion, my advice to you is to put the same effort in your work and spend less time being a keyboard warrior.

I had already said i rest my case and i wont be replying anymore as you are clearly a kid with way too much time on your hands.

From what I read nowhere was the other guy "pitchforking" or being a "keyboard warrior" nor did he disclose his age...
Can't people have a decent technical discussion without resorting to name-calling and assuming things about the other person? do you talk to your colleagues at work/others in society when face to face using similar vocabulary?
You could have countered him by just stating your views or providing some benchmark numbers or something..

P.S. Sorry for ranting and offtopic but it really irks me when people here just get into fights/name-calling when their argument goes weak

Whoa.....never realized that my question will start a virtual WW3 :eek: .....all i wanted to know is should i go for AIO or air cooler for long run, considering the risk of leakage (even if its 0.001% ) i am dropping AIO and going for a AIR cooler. Thanks every one for their valuable inputs.

Whoa.....never realized that my question will start a virtual WW3 :eek: .....all i wanted to know is should i go for AIO or air cooler for long run, considering the risk of leakage (even if its 0.001% ) i am dropping AIO and going for a AIR cooler. Thanks every one for their valuable inputs.
It went off topic, but air cooler are better for longevity for sure.

You never mentioned which i7 though. But do go through the initial few replies.

Back