Budget 90k+ High performance Laptop ( 1lakh )

lazyhooks

Recruit
Total budget (in local currency) and country of purchase.

100,000 INR . Country : India

Are you open to refurbs/used?

No

How would you prioritize form factor (ultrabook, 2-in-1, etc.), build quality, performance, and battery life?

-build quality. Should be durable and have longevity. Not too bothered by form factor. High performance. And good battery life.

How important is weight and thinness to you?

Medium priority

Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

-15.6 inch seems fine
(although you could suggest better )

Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

I use a lot of Photoshop and lightroom for photo editing. I play a lot of games. AAA as well. I need to code and work on data science with big datasets. In software IDEs , Adobe illustrator as well.

If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

I do like shooters like CS and Valorant. So a good around maybe 200 FPS if possible. When it comes to single player I'd like to play the latest games smoothly.

Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

-reliable build quality.
Good keyboard.
Touch screen would be a plus (not super necessary)
I like to external monitors so provisions for those.
Also like to use external mice and keyboards.

Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

Any other feature you would suggest to a person who works in management and computer science. That may come useful to me in the future. At work or leisure. Thanks.

The automatic choice at this price-point is the Asus G14 Zephyrus. A touch screen will take away budget from other more important components and most of them are a gimmick/afterthought anyway. Share reservations about the G14 if any/anything about your use-case in light of this recommendation as well as any adjustments to budget/requirements that you see yourself making.

If you forego weight/lightness/build completely and give up some CPU performance, you could get something that's somewhat better at gaming, although that doesn't seem like a great compromise.

Last edited:
The automatic choice at this price-point is the Asus G14 Zephyrus. A touch screen will take away budget from other more important components and most of them are a gimmick/afterthought anyway. Share reservations about the G14 if any/anything about your use-case in light of this recommendation as well as any adjustments to budget/requirements that you see yourself making.

If you forego weight/lightness/build completely and give up some CPU performance, you could get something that's somewhat better at gaming, although that doesn't seem like a great compromise.

Unless the purchase has already been made i would also recommend :

Will help you save a few bucks and give you a better display than the ASUS TUF A15 (probably i haven't looked up the tests) but the AMD GPU might be a hiccup in productivity. What follows is a very useful comment from the Flipkart that speaks to your concerns copy pasted :

Here is the review after using the laptop more than 8 days.

Pros:
1. Top-end laptop processer
2. 5600M graphics nearly rech to 1660ti performance level
3. Display is good, 120hz and good view angles

Cons:
1. Bettery drain so quick. On performance mode enable expect 2 hours to 2:30 hour screen on time. On average use case it can run upto 4 hour to 5 hours screen on time.
2. Laptop comes with 4GB X 2 stick. If you plan to upgrade then you need to throw away one stick.
3. Laptop is built with a plastic. Plastic not look durable. With this performance pack its quite questionable whether it melt or not
4. The nvme ssd come with laptop is cheap one far from matching performance to Samsung nvme and Intel nvme.
5. Only one 3.2 usb port rest two are normal 2.0 usb ports.

Here are two games i played.
1. GTA5 - average fps 57
2. CS GO - average fps 138 fps

Gold old Asus TUF A15

Maximum performance, Nvidia Gpu, Poor display, Decent Battery life.

These laptops will compromise primarily on display (G14 seems to be good for video and photo work), Portability and battery life (nearly half 48w/hr v. 76w/hr with a less hungry CPU) but offer a decent bit more CPu grunt and a pretty substantial GPU advantage (1650ti v. 1660ti/Rx5600M) under 1 Lakh.

Back