High range WIFI router needed

I request you to please suggest some high end wireless router.

I do have the following requirements
1) The router will be placed in 2nd floor, and it should provide good connectivity in terrace as well as first floor
2) It will be used to connecting 4-5 system via wifi, and some time of PS4 online gaming via wifi only

Budget no bar. I am planning to get it imported from USA in order to get the best and latest router

currently i am using Netgear JWNR2000 N-router

My friend suggested that if you replace the default antennae that comes with R7000 with some better ones, you will get even more range. I also have to find out more about it, but it was something like this.

http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN12HP/

P_500.jpg

:D

damm so many options :(, i want to keep just one router and make it hassle free :(

Yeah, also want to say that, i am planning to add 5 wireless cameras in around my house for security :D

The router should be capable to handle it also :D :D

Budget no bar mean budget strictly restricted to 30k INR :(

mate,
you have to understand this Wi-Fi technology, it doesn't work with high range routers. Even if router has 500mw of tx power and the client connecting does not then it wont work. Then you might need to put pci or some usb wireless with good antennas and range. Obviously mobiles and tablets don't have it so they might not catch the connection.

for your more understanding and gaining knowledge you should read this --> http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...516-why-high-power-routers-dont-improve-range
and then you might understand getting one router even if its of 1lakh would not work.

1) The router will be placed in 2nd floor, and it should provide good connectivity in terrace as well as first floor
floor plan pls Mention distance and thickness of walls. I don't want no text description, just draw a picture.

If the client area is directly above or below then you will get good signal even with a budget router, if it needs to go further then things get interesting.

For range you need to use 2.4Ghz. 5Ghz has half the range depending on obstacles in the way and same goes for ac.

microwaves or cordless 2.4ghz phones ie non-dect will kill your signal. these phones will affect signal even when the phone isn't being used.

2) It will be used to connecting 4-5 system via wifi, and some time of PS4 online gaming via wifi only

Budget no bar. I am planning to get it imported from USA in order to get the best and latest router

currently i am using Netgear JWNR2000 N-router
What are the data requirements, what throughput do you need at the client and for what applications besides the ps4.

Last edited:
Back