Hindi rock songs

Aces170

ex-Mod
Can you guys suggest some good hindi rock theme songs? I am not looking at pop rock as in Rock on, but more like the tunes in Dev D.

Aces170 said:
^^ I dont understand Mallu, but will give it a listen :)
im assuming you have already tried Junoon and then Ali Azmat's Solo work (Social Circus But all this is very sufi centric.

Other my favorite hindi rock bands i would suggest:

Call The Band (The are pretty Big in Paki underground Rock/Metal(more) scene.. Shayad, Pukar, Kismat etc etc are pretty energetic songs)

Well that is all about non-pop hindi rock. Their recent work may have a sufi hint but that is something which one would like.

I'm sure you would have discarded Jal The Band from list, it is moving towards popular rock to pop genre. 1st album was fine but thats all about it.

Strings may have a few tracks to come under what you are looking for...actually, Anjane is the only song i can think of which would. But they are good and consistent to fill one with energy (i suppose that iw why you are looking for rock)

Too band we dont have any non commerce/bollywood centric bands in india. All that are have to come to reality tv for unreal performances. Apparently, Rockstars who dont perform rock..

only if MTV was band in India while it was banned in pak !!

check PM

Desecrator said:
OT: Sahil, not sure if you have heard Avial - mallu alternative rock. Pretty good.

AVIAL
Yeah, among all the Indian rock bands I've heard(Mother Jane, Parikrama etc) they are the most entertaining. The songs don't feel odd even though they are in malayalam and they aren't simply ripping off Maiden or Dream Theatre or random death metal band.

^Yup pretty fresh and the best part is some of my friends from the north and west loved it although they did not know the language a bit.

And some of them even attended their website launch which was recently concluded at Blue Frog, Bombay. :O

Desecrator said:
^Yup pretty fresh and the best part is some of my friends from the north and west loved it although they did not know the language a bit.

And some of them even attended their website launch which was recently concluded at Blue Frog, Bombay. :O
Even when the songs are in English, I can hardly make out all of the lyrics. So whether it's Malayalum or Bengali, it hardly matters. I find myself running to some lyrics website if I have to decipher even English songs.

Not that lyrics don't matter, but most folks are hooked onto rock because of the guitar riffs & drumming/beat. Having said that though, most rock is about making a statement & that's where the lyrics do come in. So I'm sure you'll miss the point of the song if you don't understand the lyrics. For instance, Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction isn't all that great a song, if you don't listen to the lyrics. In fact, the lyrics make that song.

So depends on what you want from a rock song, I guess. Extremely sorry for the OT rant. I was just rambling on, but I had to get it outta my system. Apologies.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Aman27deep said:
Rock On (movie) - had great songs, none were boring.

The OP considers it pop rock [1st post] & wants somethin different.

Wow a lot of suggestions here. Thanks Guys!!

@Madnav: I will ping you.

@Aman: Although Rock On songs were nice, it was more of a pop rock genre.

@Gannu and others: It seems Avial is a must listen, will try to find them on you tube etc...

@Kidrow: Yep lyrics is definitely important, and many a times even I have to refer online for the lyrics. That said, I do enjoy quite a lot of European non-English rock too.

@Aces170: If you liked DevD, have you heard music composed by Amit Trivedi for other movies?
For example, I love Aali Re and Aitbaar from No One Killed Jessica.
Let me look at what I've got on my PC and I can post more suggestions later.

Dilli Dilli from No One Killed Jessica. Psychedic Rock!?!

Also, have you heard this song called 'Aaromale' composed by Rahman. The song is in Malayalam, was part of a tamil movie last year.

Back