Hiring Volunteers for maintaining a Forum(with eventual pay,but not certain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So me and my friends want to create a forum for our site,www.technofaq.org , but we do not have the manpower to sustain such a setup.So we are looking for some tech-oriented people,which may or may not have knowledge of HTML but have some experience of moderating forums,to function as moderators and contribute the occasional code.we cannot guarantee any pay,as the site currently doesn't generate revenue,but that is what we are hoping to achieve through the said forum.And as such,applicants would have to work as volunteers,until we start generating revenue.Any one with tech-related knowledge and experience is welcome(those with coding chops will be preferred more.)
We are going to use myBB forum software.
Looking for about 8-12 mods,(includes the technicians),already found 7.

Official Team,as it stands now:
@subham
@rajkumar_pb -A new comer to the forum back end world..but V.capable
@benryu -Has moderating experience from his days at sourceparadise.org
@seshu -Versed in forum software and web dev.
@JuGGa -Is already moderating on a Very Big site..
@challapradyumna -Knows PHP,MySQL,HTML,CSS.
@kartikoli -Has 3yrs moderating experience

@Sunit Kumar Nandi, is my friend who is going to set up the forum,together we will decide the various posts the team members will be handling.Cheers guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
^alright,so we are at 5 ppl,come on!!
subham
rajkumar_pb
benryu
seshu ,
JuGGa
i will keep you guys posted about the progress through this thread,so subscribe to it.as soon as we reach the recruitment goal,we are going to go into hypersonic speed,until then just relax.
we have one more member now!so the count stands at 5 people.Just need 7 more...you don't even have to have deep technological/programming knowledge,just basic knowledge of PC's so that you can just handle moderating.

the basic installation will be done in a few days and we are still looking for about 3-5 ppl.Moderating is a fun job guys,one gets to shut-up trolls.so enroll quickly.

This thread does not belong to this forum section. In fact we have a strict policy against advertising commercial tech sites and blogs. Moving it to GT for now.

What will the responsibilities be like?

And, what does it take to be a mod on TE?

take me in

i dont have much knowledge of coding but i have enough knowledge of moderating (moderated around 3ys)

Welcome aboard,fellow techie!,and tech knowledge is not necessary since my friend can take care of all that,but it surely is a nice bonus for us.Now we have 7 People,woot woot!!.Cheers.

So why is everybody getting hostile now?

We're never deciding to get commercial in any way. I do this to make new friends and if any revenue comes up, it'll be first directed towards hosting fees.

IMO, You should not offer IRC

What do you mean by not offering IRC?

I mean you should not offer IRC chat rooms ! it decreases website activity ( specially forums )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back