Hitachi Travelstar (320.GB & 500.GB) & Deskstar HDD's (1.TB & 2.TB)

There are 3 pieces of 2 TB in Bangalore right now. That's what I was told. BTW, those are the same guys I talked to :)

Will let you know in a bit.

vinayaga said:
The Hitachi 2tb drives are really good, very comparable to the Samsung F4. They are 7200rpm as compared to the 5400 and 5900 of WD and seagate and they run cool as a cucumber even at that speed. Worth paying upto Rs 500 more for this difference alone. And the WD with the advanced format restrictions have become useless for NAS boxes while the Seagates become really hot even at 5900rpm !
X-bit labs review for the 7k2000 2tb drives says that it runs hot and apart from multithreaded applications it isn't an exceptional performer.

2 TB Hard Disk Drives: Now at 7,200 RPM. Page 19 - X-bit labs

I've also read some negative comments about it on the tomshardware forums too. Or are you guys talking about the new 2tb 7k3000 drives with 64mb cache and 4[?] platters?

Personally, I wouldn't mind sacrificing performance(as I'll be using it for torrents and backups only) if the drive is more reliable than WD/Seagate, runs cooler and is backed up with a decent RMA service.

Satan said:
UPDATE 2: Price Revisions

Finally we're getting somewhere. This is what I have been given so far.

Hitachi Deskstar Internal 3.5" 7200 RPM HDD

1 TB: Rs. 2450 + Tax

2 TB: Rs. 5200 + Tax

Hitachi Travelstar Internal 2.5" 5200 RPM HDD

320 GB: Rs. 1850 + Tax

500 GB: Rs. 2400 + Tax (No Stock Currently - Expected in 10 days)

TAX @ 5%

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I suggest somebody in Bombay should give this a shot. We'll definitely get a better deal than this.
I thought you are from Mumbai.

I would prefer to purchase the HDD from Mumbai.

I can speak to Neoteric Infomatique Pvt Ltd and try to get the current rates and also a check on the stock of 2TB's

Get the pricing for Ultrastar A7K1000 as it comes with 5yrs warranty. I'm also interested in 2X1TB drives. I'll wait for the Ultrastar prices.

I spoke to Neoteric Infomatique Pvt Ltd today and the prices arent equal to yours.

They quoted for 1TB Deskstar Rs.2.7k+

and for 2TB Deskstar Rs.5.8 ~ 5.9 for single customer (1 piece and Rs.125 to 150 discount for 10 pieces)

Back