Budget 0-20k Home PC for basic usage

Hi guys, am back again.

The cabinet and power supply selections are really giving me a hard time.

I inquired, and CM eLite 311 Plus is not available. Instead, they suggested CM eLite 344, which is mini tower, but comes with USB 3.0 support. It's priced ~2500/2200/-. Is that a good option? If not, which other cabinets would you guys suggest?

NZXT and Bitfenix are not available. Other than that, Thermaltake is available... is that a good option? Only Thermaltake cabinet with USB 3.0 is, V9 BlackX edition. Haven't inquired the price.. just saw on its site.

I searched for Cooler Master retailers from their site, and did get one in Indore, and they do have eLite 311 Plus priced at ~3650/- ... which is quite costly.

If I overlook USB 3.0 support, then which cabinet will be good, which will be around the ~2500/- range?

-----------

About power supply, Corsair CX430 V2 is not available. I got an address of a dealer/distributor from the Corsair site, and I inquired about the model, and they say that the model has been discontinued :O ... is that so? I told him that the model is shown on Corsair site, and is also available on Flipkart, but he said they must be having old stock, and companies show discontinued models on their sites. How much true is that? I am thinking of dropping Corsair an email directly, and asking about this. Or, do you guys know any Corsair REP?

Instead, I was suggested Corsair 450 model.. is it any good? It's priced at ~2400/- .. which seems lucrative.

Cooler Master GX 450W is available, but again, price is high. The two shops I asked from quoted prices at ~3750/- , and ~3600/-. Any other good cheaper model from Cooler Master which I can consider?

Or, any other good cheaper PSU, like the Corsair CX430 V2?

Corsair CX430 V2 is available on Flipkart, but looking at things here in Indore, I am worried about the after sale service.

These two things have put me really in a fix, otherwise the rest of configuration is final.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, am not able to understand why USB 3.0 support is required for cabinets.. when the ports are available on the motherboard. For example, take Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H board... it has 2 USB 3.0 in the back panel. Won't these be available for use, if the cabinet does not have USB 3.0 support? Or, is the USB 3.0 support of cabinet is required for front panel?

USB 3.0 support is needed in cabinets so that you don't have to reach to the back of cabinet to use it. No other reason.

Thanks @amitkher, that's what I guessed, after thinking over it... thanks for confirming it :). I think USB 3.0 support is required to have USB 3.0 ports on the front panel via the internal header, which has 2 more USB 3.0 ports in the Gigabyte motherboard.

But, is that so much of a big deal for the cabinet makers? You just need to provide two USB 3.0 ports :D ... well, I don't know how much of a big deal that is, but it must be, otherwise, we would see more cabinets with USB 3.0 support.

Anyways, I am quite fine with accessing the USB 3.0 ports at the back of cabinet. So, now I don't require a cabinet with USB 3.0 support. So, please suggest a good quality cabinet with price range around ~2500/-.

- - - Updated - - -

I just inquired about Corsair CX430 V2 being discontinued on the Corsair forum. I wanted to contact them via email, but it was really difficult to find any way to do that. There is no email on the Corsair site, where they can be contacted :O ... ultimately, I had to register on their forum.

Anyways, I have asked the query, and I will post their response here, when I get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, and @ALPHA17, I have received reply on the Corsair forum for my query, and they have confirmed that CX430 V2 has indeed been discontinued :O .. so the shop was right after all :O.

But, they say that still quite an amount of the product is in line, and so it's still available.

CX430 V2 has been replaced by CX430 (note without the V2) ... with some changes.

CX430 ? 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified Power Supply

They have also described the changes, and I quote :

We recently came out with an updated version CP-9020046-WW which is essentially the same from a marketing perspective they are both 430VX PSU's and the only difference is the newer model CP-9020046-WW has been upgraded internally to support 80+ Bronze instead of 80+ and a slight increase on the 12 Volt rail. From 28 Amps to 32 Amps
And fully supports ATX 2.3 Specs backwards compatible to ATX 2.01 Standards.
Where the previous version was ATX 2.2 Backwards compatible to 2.01 so a slight difference in the Spec is the only change and mostly to fall in line with the ATX 2.3 Specification is the only major change.

CP-9020046-WW is the part number for CX430, and please read VX as CX in above, because it's a mistake.

The link to the thread is here, for reading :

Power Supply Corsair CX430 V2 discontinued? - The Corsair Support Forums

So, should I go for CX430 instead, the updated one? Is it comparable to the CX430 V2?

But, firstly, I don't know if CX430 will be available in the shop, and even if it is, will it be the updated one or not.

Or, should I just get CX430 V2 from Flipkart, but since the product is discontinued, I am worried about the after sale service and RMA. If the product will not be available anymore in future, then it won't be replaced... and they would replace it with another model.

I am thinking of going for Seasonic S12ii 430 W, which was suggested as an alternative. Will that be a good choice considering the Corsair situation? It was quoted at 3200/- ... 500/- more than Corsair, but can be done. Cooler Master GX 450 W is coming quite costly at 3600/- to 3750/-.

About cabinet, I am thinking of going for Cooler Master eLite 311, since eLite 311 Plus is costly at 3650/-, and is going past the budget. Whereas Cooler Master eLite 311 is costing 2200/-.

Any other CM cabinet I can consider?

Are Thermaltake cabinets along the line of Zebronics, iBall etc?

Now that #ALPHA17 is back and active on the forum, I want to ask his opinion on this matter, as choosing the PSU is really being a bother for me, and the only stumbling block preventing me from going ahead.

It's confirmed that CX 430V2 has been discontinued from the company. It's still being recommended on the forum. Is that still a good choice, even after the discontinuity? If I decide to go ahead and buy it, will it have any problems in terms of service and RMA? If the PSU becomes bad after sometime, how will it get replaced if the company is not making anymore of it?

CM GX 450W is quite costly, on Flipkart, and in the local shops too.

Seasonic S12 ii 430W seems to be the only option left, but it too is a bit on the higher side.

Please give your views about CX 430 V2 considering the latest developments.

Also, is it OK to buy CM eLite 311 or 311 Plus from Flipkart... as they are not available locally. Yea, that's the condition here, it just sucks.

I am also thinking of getting Gigabyte B75M-D3H from Flipkart, as locally it's very costly. The product is getting out of stock a lot nowadays on Flipkart though.

It's confirmed that CX 430V2 has been discontinued from the company. It's still being recommended on the forum. Is that still a good choice, even after the discontinuity? If I decide to go ahead and buy it, will it have any problems in terms of service and RMA? If the PSU becomes bad after sometime, how will it get replaced if the company is not making anymore of it?

Please give your views about CX 430 V2 considering the latest developments.

Also, is it OK to buy CM eLite 311 or 311 Plus from Flipkart... as they are not available locally. Yea, that's the condition here, it just sucks.

Hi, @CapriAnupam here are your answers --

Okay, I have forgotten most details pertaining to your purchase, do you plan a graphic card later OR more than ~3 hard-drives + optical drive? Depending on this I can answer the SMPS query for sure.

Instead of the Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus, try to get the eLite 311 locally. It should work out cheaper and no problems to deal with.

Yes, get the motherboard from flipkart.com, the pricing is just right and availability is governed by how many are sold and what is in their inventory.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Thanks for your answers #ALPHA17 .

No, I do not plan to add a graphics card, as I am not into gaming, or heavy stuff, or the ones for whom I asked the query for. And not more than 3 hard drives. Optical drive will be there, and maybe two hard drives, plus a one occasionally maybe. Have an external drive of 1 TB if that counts.

The problem is both 311 and 311 Plus are not available locally. That's why I wanted to get from Flipkart.

Thanks for your answers #ALPHA17 .

No, I do not plan to add a graphics card, as I am not into gaming, or heavy stuff, or the ones for whom I asked the query for. And not more than 3 hard drives. Optical drive will be there, and maybe two hard drives, plus a one occasionally maybe. Have an external drive of 1 TB if that counts.

The problem is both 311 and 311 Plus are not available locally. That's why I wanted to get from Flipkart.

In that case, try for this SMPS friend --> FSP Saga II 400W ~2200/- FSP SAGA II 400 400W Power Supply - SAGA II 400 by: FSP - TechShop.in

For the cabinet, get the Cooler Master eLite 311 from flipkart.com. Cheers!

What about the queries for CX 430 V2? :)

Well, if the entire operation is on such flimsy premise and if for any reason the SMPS decides to die on you, Corsair will replace it with VS450W and that is crap (already told you). So if you are willing to run the gauntlet go for the Corsair CX v2430W from here --> Power Supply Units - Buy Power Supply Units Online at Best Prices in India - Computer Components : Computers | Flipkart.com.

If you do not want to run this risk, go for the FSP SMPS which is also good for your purpose. Just do a little homework on who handles the RMA for these chaps and if they have a service centre in Indore. Cheers!

#ALPHA17 , forgot to clarify about buying CM eLite 311. If I buy from Flipkart... is there any problem with that? The reason is CM eLite 311 is not available here in Indore. Also, for myself I might go for CM eLite 311 Plus, which is quite cheaper on Flipkart. So, can I order CM cabinets from Flipkart? Asking this because, in an other thread, you were saying better not to get cabinet from Flipkart. Any particular reason?

Also, I am thinking of assembling the computer myself by buying maximum possible components from Flipkart, like CPU, motherboard, RAM, PSU, and cabinet. Will buy HDD, optical drive, UPS, and keyboard/mouse locally.

The only problem point seems to be the thermal paste for CPU. That will be required yea?
Any other problem that I might face assembling myself? Any link to a guide anywhere for assembling PC, tips, and things to look out for?
I think there are processes involved like bench test and all... necessary to go through that?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and any other website where I can buy FSP Saga II 400 W PSU? The site you posted does not have cash on delivery option, and I prefer that.

Also, I am thinking of assembling the computer myself by buying maximum possible components from Flipkart, like CPU, motherboard, RAM, PSU, and cabinet. Will buy HDD, optical drive, UPS, and keyboard/mouse locally.

The only problem point seems to be the thermal paste for CPU. That will be required yea?
Any other problem that I might face assembling myself? Any link to a guide anywhere for assembling PC, tips, and things to look out for?
I think there are processes involved like bench test and all... necessary to go through that?

Okay go for the Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus from flipkart.com -- Cooler Master Elite 311 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet: Flipkart.com.

The reason I avoid getting the cabinet from such distances is because it is expensive and unwieldy. The headache and heartburn that one will experience in case of any damages (whilst shipping) is an added risk.

There will be no need for adding thermal paste, a new processor comes with a stock cooler out of the box and that has a layer of thermal paste on it already.

Here are guides to assembling a system --How to assemble a PC - YouTube

Sorry, as far as I know no other site sells the FSP Saga II SMPS.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

P.S. -- To tag me in the post use @<followed by iD>.

Thanks as always for the reply :).

You are right about the point in calling a cabinet from this distance... won't they take it back if it's damaged in shipping?

BTW, Indore market really sucks in terms of computer assembling. Components are not available, and it's really frustrating. They only seem to keep what is cheap, and popular... and the guys at shop too dont seem to be knowledgeable enough.

CM eLite 311 is not available here, and they are quoting 311 Plus at high cost. I will confirm price again for 311 Plus, and see if I can get it locally.

If I do buy stuff from Flipkart, is it good to buy all at a time, or one at a time?

Thanks for the link, and the point about the thermal paste. If it's there already, it's one headache less :D.

And oh, it's @ .. I had forgotten that I think :D... thanks.

And this is the Corsair Value Select 4 GB RAM, right?

Corsair DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9): Flipkart.com

You are right about the point in calling a cabinet from this distance... won't they take it back if it's damaged in shipping?

If I do buy stuff from Flipkart, is it good to buy all at a time, or one at a time?

And this is the Corsair Value Select 4 GB RAM, right?

Corsair DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9): Flipkart.com

Yes, it is their responsibility but a delay / replacement means more time down the drain.

Buy whichever way it is comfortable to you, as all the components are above ~300/- INR you will not attract any shipping levies over the shipment value.

Yes this is the RAM I was mentioning. Corsair Value Select. Cheers!

A family I know will be buying a new PC soon. So, I just want to confirm if Intel Pentium G630 still holds good, or is there any better processor available now?

When I went to buy keyboard/mouse for myself, the vendor had shown me Circle keyboard/mouse combo. How are Circle products? I never heard of this brand before. Is it new? It looked good, and the price and warranty was at par with Logitech product.

Here is the final configuration I will be going for :

CPU : Intel Pentium G630
Motherboard : Gigabyte B75M-D3H
RAM : Corsair Value Select 4 GB DDR3
HDD : Seagate 500 GB Barracuda
Keyboard/Mouse : MK100/MK200
DVD-RW : LG/Samsung/HP/Lite-on .. whatever is available

For keyboard/mouse combo, MK100 is PS2 for both mouse and keyboard? But, Gigabyte board has only one PS2 port. So, am thinking of going for MK200, which has USB for both. Price will be a 100/- more, so I guess that's OK.
Edit : I saw on Logitech site that MK100 has PS2 for keyboard only. So, that's an option too.

For cabinet and PSU, probably I may have to go for local brand, considering the budget. If their budget allows, then I will tell them to go for a local cabinet, and a branded PSU. If they agree for both branded, then that will be great. Will have to see how it all sets up.

Thanks as always :)

Back