Budget 21-30k Home PC Suggestion Please :)

Emperor

Skilled
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • NA
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Benq GL2250-T
    • HDD - 1 TB - WD Blue
    • Cabinet - Old CM but still Very Strong
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • Graphic Card
    • PSU
    • RAM-
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No, NOT looking to add any new in coming 3-4 years (if something NOT FAILED in course)
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No AMD based configs. Don't know the reason.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Don't Know but really want to play Good Games
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. No idea, what's his current monitor resolution.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7/10 64 bit
  14. Please Take Note:- We don't have Air-Condition so please suggest components that is well tolerance to Heat while Playing Games etc. (want to avoid Capacitor Leak/ CPU Heat & Trip etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Max you can go for 10-15k worth graphic card. In this case, the kinda graphic card will define what processor you can pick in this budget.
15k graphic card - G3240 with H81 motherboard, 4GB RAM and Seasonic S12 II bronze 520W
10k graphic card - i3 4150 with H81 motherboard, 4GB RAM and Seasonic S12 II bronze 430W

Max you can go for 10-15k worth graphic card. In this case, the kinda graphic card will define what processor you can pick in this budget.
15k graphic card - G3240 with H81 motherboard, 4GB RAM and Seasonic S12 II bronze 520W
10k graphic card - i3 4150 with H81 motherboard, 4GB RAM and Seasonic S12 II bronze 430W

Hi,

What about
Processor?
Mother Board?

Thanks for suggestion

The graphic cards mentioned is just for sample not a suggestion. You may want to go for a different card or from a popular brands. Since you didn't seem to get it from my previous post, I am spelling it out.

Option A
G3240 - 3800
ASUS H81M-CS - 3450
CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR3 4GB - 1800
SAPPHIRE R9 380 4̶G̶B̶ 2GB DDR5 - 13500
SEASONIC S12 II BRONZE 520W - 5500

Option B
i3 4150 - 8200
ASUS H81M-CS - 3450
CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR3 4GB - 1800
SAPPHIRE R7 370 STRIX 4GB DDR5 - 9500
SEASONIC S12 II BRONZE 430W - 4500

Last edited:
  • CPU - Intel Core i3 6100 -8800,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H -7500,
  • Graphic Card - MSI GTX750Ti 2GB -10400,
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 430w -4500,
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -3500.
  • TOTAL - 34,700.

Last edited:
Thanks @nac and @bssunilreddy for both of your suggestions and help..

Is it good to go with Skylake build?

Please suggest low price Graphic Card as the system is for my Nephew and we don't want him to keep playing Games only all the time...hope you can understand...

Is it good to go with Skylake build?

Please suggest low price Graphic Card as the system is for my Nephew and we don't want him to keep playing Games only all the time...hope you can understand...
You have to judge that whether Skylake is worth the extra or not. For a base variant combo (CPU+MB+RAM), the difference is about 3500/- between Haswell and Skylake.
You want to go for sub 10k graphic card? If he's gonna play all the time, he will play even without a discrete graphic card :D

You have to judge that whether Skylake is worth the extra or not. For a base variant combo (CPU+MB+RAM), the difference is about 3500/- between Haswell and Skylake.
You want to go for sub 10k graphic card? If he's gonna play all the time, he will play even without a discrete graphic card :D

Hi,

Is it worth to invest Rs.3500/- more for future proof system (may be after 2-3 year DDR3 base Mobo/Procy/RAM will be phase out or left with very less choice)?

About Gaming you are right but we don't want to invest that much for Gaming Purpose ONLY... I was expecting anything between 3-5 k for Graphic Card.... sorry for not clearing it before...

Is it worth to invest Rs.3500/- more for future proof system (may be after 2-3 year DDR3 base Mobo/Procy/RAM will be phase out or left with very less choice)?

About Gaming you are right but we don't want to invest that much for Gaming Purpose ONLY... I was expecting anything between 3-5 k for Graphic Card.... sorry for not clearing it before...
2-3yrs is not much, DDR3 will still be there. Don't worry. I am using a rig from DDR2 era.
I think you can very well stick with the integrated graphic card, it's better than a 3-5k graphic card. In that case, you have more money at your disposal than necessary. Better save some of 'em and use it for something else.
Go with Sunil's suggested build. Strike that graphic card off and go for a better rated PSU, Seasonic S12 II 430W
i3 6100 + Asus B150 Plus or Gigabyte B150 D3H DDR4 + Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR4 + Seasonic S12 II 430W > ~ 23k

2-3yrs is not much, DDR3 will still be there. Don't worry. I am using a rig from DDR2 era.
I think you can very well stick with the integrated graphic card, it's better than a 3-5k graphic card. In that case, you have more money at your disposal than necessary. Better save some of 'em and use it for something else.
Go with Sunil's suggested build. Strike that graphic card off and go for a better rated PSU, Seasonic S12 II 430W
i3 6100 + Asus B150 Plus or Gigabyte B150 D3H DDR4 + Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR4 + Seasonic S12 II 430W > ~ 23k

Thanks for suggestion....

will surely look for Skylark built...[DOUBLEPOST=1459603698][/DOUBLEPOST]
  • PSU - Antec VP500PC -3300,
  • TOTAL - 33,500.

Hello Sunil... from where you got that price... offline or online store?
Where in Mumbai?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 430w -4500,
  • TOTAL - 34,700.

Hi Sunil,

Please suggest Intel Mother Board for above configuration.

Thanks

No, Intel is not making motherboards for this processor. I think their presence in this line is not big. What's wrong with ASUS or Gigabyte?

Hi,

ASUS support (After Sales Service)
Gigabyte (Need Frequent Visit to Service Center)

Above 2 is finding from my Vendor + Friends

Okay, what's your friend's vendor's suggestion if not ASUS/Gigabyte?

Hi,

No, neither friends nor vendor suggest any....

Since last 18 years I'm using Intel Configuration only.

Just this time I thought may be any good one (service + quality) option for Intel and was thinking for other..

..but now... after few suggestions & discussions back to Intel...

You don't have Intel as an option here. Intel is providing the chipset/technology to these manufacturers. If you find any Intel boards, let us know.

You don't have Intel as an option here. Intel is providing the chipset/technology to these manufacturers. If you find any Intel boards, let us know.

Hi,

I really don't know about latest configuration etc. thus always use TE for suggestion and latter on that suggestion I buy from Local Shop or Online.

I don't know if Intel make Board for i3 - 6th Generation Processors or not... just now you told and I came to know...

No issue, if intel didn't make Board for 6th Generation Processors than I left with 2 options...

Need to select other processor or will go with Gigabyte Board....

Thanks for your help & suggestions... :)

Back