Budget 21-30k Home PC Suggestion Please :)

No issue, if intel didn't make Board for 6th Generation Processors than I left with 2 options...
Need to select other processor or will go with Gigabyte Board....
I hope you will go for the 2nd option. Even 8yrs ago I was asked not to go for Intel motherboard and suggested ASUS.

@Stick For motherboard you can not go wrong with Asus. You may save that 10.5k for now and first see if you need GFX card. At later stage if you find that GFX card is needed, you may add one.

Hi,

I really don't know about latest configuration etc. thus always use TE for suggestion and latter on that suggestion I buy from Local Shop or Online.

I don't know if Intel make Board for i3 - 6th Generation Processors or not... just now you told and I came to know...

No issue, if intel didn't make Board for 6th Generation Processors than I left with 2 options...

Need to select other processor or will go with Gigabyte Board....

Thanks for your help & suggestions... :)
Welcome to TE.
I may not help you with the config but my suggestion if taken can help you overall.

People here suggest out of experience, research and word of mouth from popular sites like TE. But afterall you are spending your moolas. So take the suggestions and do some RnD yourselves. Google is your friend. Listen to google while you check for reviews and alternatives for every suggestion you come across.[DOUBLEPOST=1459762800][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hope you will go for the 2nd option. Even 8yrs ago I was asked not to go for Intel motherboard and suggested ASUS.
Heatsink issues were prevalent during that period on Intel boards :) Intel slowly reduced their mobos and they only make couple of boards for a particular cpu architecture these days.

Last edited:
Welcome to TE.
I may not help you with the config but my suggestion if taken can help you overall.

People here suggest out of experience, research and word of mouth from popular sites like TE. But afterall you are spending your moolas. So take the suggestions and do some RnD yourselves. Google is your friend. Listen to google while you check for reviews and alternatives for every suggestion you come across.[DOUBLEPOST=1459762800][/DOUBLEPOST]
Heatsink issues were prevalent during that period on Intel boards :) Intel slowly reduced their mobos and they only make couple of boards for a particular cpu architecture these days.

Hi,

Thank you for BOTH of your suggestion, will surely keep it in Mind.

Regards...

Thanks for that info :)
Yeah, when I checked yesterday there were only two motherboards for this socket (1151) but for Cxxx chipset and only 13 motherboards for 1150 socket, don't know how many of 'em are for Xeon chipsets. Found couple of motherboards compatible with Haswell i3, but I wouldn't opt for that. If their presence is that limited, I highly doubt what kinda ASS one can expect from Intel. Since OP just aware about it, he will sure dig for information and he will take an informed decision.

Thanks for that info :)
Yeah, when I checked yesterday there were only two motherboards for this socket (1151) but for Cxxx chipset and only 13 motherboards for 1150 socket, don't know how many of 'em are for Xeon chipsets. Found couple of motherboards compatible with Haswell i3, but I wouldn't opt for that. If their presence is that limited, I highly doubt what kinda ASS one can expect from Intel. Since OP just aware about it, he will sure dig for information and he will take an informed decision.

2 days back I visit a local shop here in Mumbai and the person suggest me to go with MSI Board, as per him MSI provides ON-SITE WARRANTY for 3 years.

He also suggest NOT TO go with low budget ASUS Board as brand took much time to solve issue compare to Higher Price Boards.

Any ASUS Board recommendation for 6th Generation i3 Processor?

Let me share you my experience.

First about Asus, they used to take more than 10 days to a month for replacing motherboard (2009-10 era). At that time only Rashi was providing service. Now they have added one more called Digicare or something too. However service from Rashi was fantastic. I had bought P35 chipset based board for approx 7700. When it gone bad after 1 year they gave me brand new P45 chipset board with full 3 years new warranty by paying 1100 extra. After another year and half, this board also gone and they were offering me either cheque of 7000 or P55 based new board. I chose to take cheque as P55 based motherboard mean upgrading processor and RAM both which would be costly affair. Post that I switched to Gigabyte.

Gigabyte in start was fantastic with on the spot replacement with refurbished motherboard. But after couple of years, they started faltering in two ways. First, after initial version of motherboards, in later versions they started stripping components and quality for bad. This mean people will buy their motherboards on the trust created by earlier version. Second, their after sales service started taking a month. Heck even to submit my board at their service center, took me nearly two hours. To pick up my replacement after 4 weeks I went in morning. Still I spent close to 45 mins.

Last time when my Gigabyte based mobo gone bad, I switched back to Asus as news was that they have improved in quality as well as after sales service with addition of new agency (Digicare or some similar name) for handling warranties. I am using Asus board at present since October 2013. I have not faced any issue apart from one of USB port at back not working since last 2 months.

Coming to MSI, I would not suggest to buy MSI products. Their after sales service is outsourced to third party and it is in bad shape.

2 days back I visit a local shop here in Mumbai and the person suggest me to go with MSI Board, as per him MSI provides ON-SITE WARRANTY for 3 years.

He also suggest NOT TO go with low budget ASUS Board as brand took much time to solve issue compare to Higher Price Boards.

Any ASUS Board recommendation for 6th Generation i3 Processor?
If you think B150 is a low budget board, there is a H110 series which is even more cheaper. Since you seem to doubt the quality of B150 and you have saved some money by not going for graphic card, you can check out top of the B150 line board or even H170 chipset boards.
B150 Pro Gaming Aura - 11k
H170 Plus - 9250
H170 Pro - 10k
H170 Pro Gaming - 12k
If you want to go even better, there is Z170.

If you think B150 is a low budget board, there is a H110 series which is even more cheaper. Since you seem to doubt the quality of B150 and you have saved some money by not going for graphic card, you can check out top of the B150 line board or even H170 chipset boards.
B150 Pro Gaming Aura - 11k
H170 Plus - 9250
H170 Pro - 10k
H170 Pro Gaming - 12k
If you want to go even better, there is Z170.

Hi Nac..

Any ASUS board recommendation/suggestion please...

Thanks for Gigabyte options, surely help me...[DOUBLEPOST=1459937523][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi,

Please suggest/post:-
  1. Is there any one who bought Gigabyte/ASUS/MSI board in last 2-3 years and have any issue with?
  2. If have has any issue, please specify what kind and how you solved it (with Service Center amicably or hassle).
I just wish to buy Good Brand and Model, so wish your inputs to decide...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
All of 'em are ASUS boards :)

ohhh... I don't know and blindly keep asking question... sorry for...[DOUBLEPOST=1459945350][/DOUBLEPOST]What is different between Antec VP500PC & Antec VP550P (other than visible 50w more power in latter)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Google says PC is manufactured by CWT and P is by FSP.
But wait for others to comment about this and confirm.

Google says PC is manufactured by CWT and P is by FSP.
But wait for others to comment about this and confirm.

Hi ,

I got following quote (is it good enough or need to some change, please suggest)

1. CPU - Intel Core i3 6100 = 8850/-
  2. Motherboard - Asus H 170 M Plus = 9500/- and (Asus B 150 MK = 6900/-)
  3. PSU - Antec VP500PC = 2800/-
  4. RAM - Gskill 8GB ddr4 2400 = 2900/-
  5. Cabinet Antec X1 – T Cabinet = 2600/-
Is it good idea to have 2 Stick of 4GB RAM (if one failed for any reason, system didn't crash suddenly)

Thanks for all of your supports...

Yeah, price is good.
BTW, B150 MK doesn't have HDMI port. If it's alright with you, then fine.

Yeah, if one RAM stick fails you can still use the other one and top of that if you will have dual channel performance. But you will have to pay more for 2x4GB sticks than 1x8GB stick.

Yeah, price is good.
BTW, B150 MK doesn't have HDMI port. If it's alright with you, then fine.

Yeah, if one RAM stick fails you can still use the other one and top of that if you will have dual channel performance. But you will have to pay more for 2x4GB sticks than 1x8GB stick.

Please suggest me (I went through comparison but fails to understand), which Motherboard will be good Asus B 150 MK or Asus H 170 M Plus and why?

Is for only HDMI Port other is with Higher Price Tag?

Thanks

Please suggest me (I went through comparison but fails to understand), which Motherboard will be good Asus B 150 MK or Asus H 170 M Plus and why?

Is for only HDMI Port other is with Higher Price Tag?

Thanks
B150 MK feature set seems more like a H110 chipset board. Asus B150 Plus or Gigabyte D3H is better than B150 MK, but have to pay 1k more (7900/-).
Not just HDMI port, no. of memory slots, max memory capacity etc. There would be more difference if we dig more... In general H170 chipset board have more feature sets than B150, so the premium price tag..

The Cabinet suggest to me have PSU Mount at Bottom.

My worry is if I mount PSU at Bottom, keeping PSU FAN Side UP Words than Lot of DUST may settled in PSU and reduce it's life or cooling capacity.

Is it good idea to keep PSU FAN at DOWN SIDE while mounting PSU at Bottom?

Please suggest,

Thanks

Hi ,

I got following quote (is it good enough or need to some change, please suggest)

1. CPU - Intel Core i3 6100 = 8850/-
  2. Motherboard - Asus H 170 M Plus = 9500/- and (Asus B 150 MK = 6900/-)
  3. PSU - Antec VP500PC = 2800/-
  4. RAM - Gskill 8GB ddr4 2400 = 2900/-
  5. Cabinet Antec X1 – T Cabinet = 2600/-
Is it good idea to have 2 Stick of 4GB RAM (if one failed for any reason, system didn't crash suddenly)

Thanks for all of your supports...

You don't need ddr4 2400. DDR3 1866MHz is more than enough. There's no difference at all between even 1600 and 2400. Read up on them online. Also, DDR4 has no decent advantage over DDR3 currently and will remain that for the next 2-3 years at least definitely.

You won't need a 500W PSU. 450W should be sufficient.

Yeah, you have an option to face it down. But I think it's better to keep it upwards...

If I keep FAN Upward side than LOT OF DUST will enter not only in FAN Bearings but also in Cabinet and the dust-net will be shield heat-sink/capacitors of PSU and I think it will be NOT GOOD for PSU Health & Cooling.

There is Punch (hole/net) at Bottom side of the cabinet to suck air from down side of cabinet.

too much dilemma :(

Back