Home security and other general automation

If you can source it from US, smartthings has a lot, plus u will find a lot more of options avialable there.
There are quite a lot of player with smart gadgets out, which u will find in US than in India.
full disclosure : I have been working on IoT for over 2 years with Samsung/Smartthings.

The first thing I have decided to tackle is to do all the lighting myself. I am going to incorporate LED strips in the floor, walls and ceilings.
Any idea if I can source strips, drivers and controllers for decent price in India or do I have to rely on Aliexpress for these parts. I am sure I can get aluminium housings fabricated over here.
If Aliexpress is the only way, is there any reputed seller/manufacturer that has a good track record on there.

RGB 5mtr strips can be sourced in India 5mtr length @ rs500-rs1000 . But be aware that it comes in two variants ...... One with three individual r,g,b led tightly spaced to give a feel of integrated led & others r true single rgb led. Get some sample rolls from eBay
Do a little research on what exactly u need coz I recommend u to invest in Gud standalone power supply & a arduino based rgb controller for each zone. U should also try addressable LED which needs a tenessy controller to work
https://www.ebay.in/ulk/itm/131747580712

For excursions / aluminium frame
https://www.industrybuying.com/led-...gn=0_PLA_LPP&gclid=CNvZneHOnswCFdCFaAod-5AFDQ

Go for the frosted finish aluminium plastic dust covers. If u can't find frosted ....... Get clear ones & use some sandpaper to scratch inner surface to make it frosted.

The geek in me would love to go for the addressable LEDs and most of the instructables with Arduinos use the same, especially considering how I used to have fun with 7 segment displays and program 8085s back in the day.
However, just because of practicality, for the home I am going to stick to using basic 3500/4500k LED strips and easy to use pre-built dimmers and controllers. Earlier I was thinking of somehow using a PC power supply but now I know it's a no go as these babies need constant current power supplies. I might end up using RGB ones for the patio or the stairs, but I think I am gonna stick to white ones for everywhere else.

Guys, any suggestions for ebay or local sellers in Delhi/Chandigarh who stock good quality LED stuff. Looking for dimmable strips, power supplies and controllers.

Back