Audio Home Theater or 5.1 speakers

prateek1890

Disciple
I want to use 5.1 speakers with my LCD TV

My budget is 10k - 11k

Should I go for a Home Theater from Samsung, Sony, LG etc. or Should I buy a similar priced 5.1 speaker sets?

For 5.1 speakers I have shortlisted Edifier C6... Are they good for movies and music?

Some of my friends recommended F&D F6000... Are they better than Edifier C6?

Or should I go with Home Theater in price range of 10k - 11k?

Please give suggestions...

Personally I dont prefer the HT by Sony, Samsung etc. I do not have experience on the Edifier or the F&D so cant comment. As for HTs I am pretty clear the day I buy a HT it has to be something really good. Unfortunately Sony / Samsung dont fit into that....

But sound quality wise in same price range, HT from Samsung, Sony, LG, Phillips are better or 5.1 speakers from Edifier, F&D are better?

If you want to watch movies then the SQ of HT is better,if music is a priority then go for 5.1

I've had personal experience with sony and philips,Sony is better in SQ
Philips is VFM.

I'd suggest go for sony(The one whose link i've posted)

Don't go with home theaters in your price range,they will not perform up to the mark in music for their price...i have the sony DAV-TZ210 hooked to my comp right now and without proper EQ they suck(bad),and i would even prefer the C2 over them.And i also have the philips HTS 550 plugged to my HDTV ,it is more powerful and a bit better than the DAV but it is also a little out of your price range.i say stick with the C6,edifier speakers are really good(also have their c2,wonderful little speaker).another thing,these damn DAV HT by sony are complete and utter BS,why?they don't even have digital input facilities and to add to the agony no 5.1 input by analog either(the way you plug each speaker into your mobo separately is not present and everything present sticks into the back of the DVD player)so if you are going to use this with your TV or with your comp you are literally stuck with pseudo fricking surround sound,the center speaker will never output ANY sound and everything will be crap in games as at some angles you won't hear people talking..(the only way to connect this with your pc is with a 3.5mm jack - 2x RCA male connector).the only way the DAV outputs 5.1 surround is by playing DVD's,no other way.(its really that cheap)at least the philips one has digital coax connector support(which i am going to do 2morrow).cheers.dnt ever get the dav,i checket its back panel,its identical to mine so it has only stupid analogue input,such a waste.

So I will go for 5.1 speakers...
Can you please suggest me which one is better

1. Edifier C6 (HCS5640)
2. Edifier DA5000 Pro
3. F&D F6000

Sound Quality wise for Music and Movies which one is better?
and which among these have better bass?

hi there prateek...OK ...lemme tell u ... i have exactly the same query as u...n ihave the exact same 3 options on my mind too...
i have heard Fn D 6000...Their bass is very high n awesome....sound is also pretty loud n doesnt distort easily...but ya...the clarity is excellent....but i dont have any clue abot the edifiers.,.......dude..trust me..ill go by this thread n buy....so lets search together,....

HELP ...people!!!!!!

Back