Audio Home Theatre Setup with Yamaha RX V479

Hi Friends,

This is my first post in the Audio Zone or any AV forums so please bear with me i make some stupid suggestion. Firstly Iam a complete noob when it comes to Home Theatre setup as i have not owned one before. I have recently been gifted a AV receiver. The Yamaha RX V479. Iam way to exited and never thaught i would own one. Now the main question...
1. I need to buy Speakers
2. After searching on the web for a week i am completly confused...as to which speakers would fit my space and budget.
3. My budget is very tight (max Rs 25000).
4. I want a 5.1 system that is the best in the above budget...after enough search i know its not the best budget for a good sounding 5.1 setup...however i would still want the setup and maybe later when i have enough Ks i will upgrade.
5. My living room is around 300 sqft..(28 sqm).

Kindly suggest me the best options

Few setups i liked are
1. Boston soundware Xs 5.1
2. Yamaha NS p40 5.1
3. Jbl Cinema 510 5.1
4. Pioneer SP-1135VS 5.1 Speaker System

Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions..

Thanks for the reply guys....
@ramdante- i Did check on the AJs and they are no doubt the best...however that is way above my budget ..i live in Mumbai i check online and they were costing around 50k...i will upgrade later when i collect some Ks..at the moment i cant stretch more than 25k..

Buy the Pioneer AJ speakers with your eyes closed!

Thanks for the reply guys....
@ramdante- i Did check on the AJs and they are no doubt the best...however that is way above my budget ..i live in Mumbai i check online and they were costing around 50k...i will upgrade later when i collect some Ks..at the moment i cant stretch more than 25k..
Oh yeah forgot to mention, just get the 2 bookshelves, sub and the center for now(~30k). Get the towers in the future when you can and finish the 5.1 setup.
Just my 2 cents :)

http://www.avenuesound.in/home-theater-and-home-audio-system/home-speakers/bookshelf-speakers.html

I bought my Pioneer Andrew Jones floor standing speakers from these guys. They order them from abroad, so delivery takes time. They're good for music, and excellent for movies. IMO you don't need a separate sub if you have the floor standing speakers, and I think you can go with cheaper speakers for the rear. Most movies only play gunshots, and some tyre screeching through them, and it's very rare to come across a 5.1 music recording.
Get a pair of good front speakers, along with a good center speaker, and pick up any rears that are compatible with your setup.
Talk to the guys there and see what they suggest.
Don't get these floor standers unless you're okay with placing them 1.5 ft in front of the wall. They need that space because they're rear-ported. If that's an issue, either get the Andrew Jones bookshelves along with a sub, or get front/side ported tower speakers.

The prices at Avenue Sound seem to be high now, but you can bargain.
You can also order the speaker set from here, but they don't sell the components outside the package.
http://www.hifimart.com/speakers/sp...es-aj-5235xt-5-1-channel-speaker-package.html

Last edited:
Hi guys...i have made up my mind on two sets of bookshelf.
1. Pioneer SP-PK22BS
2. Wharfdale Diamond 210 Bs

Which one should i go with..

Also please suggest me a budget subwoofer

I checked on the Tannoy its retailing at 23000..that leaves me with around only 12 k for a subwoofer...is there a sub for around that price point

Hi guys...i have made up my mind on two sets of bookshelf.
1. Pioneer SP-PK22BS
2. Wharfdale Diamond 210 Bs

Which one should i go with..

Also please suggest me a budget subwoofer

Pioneer if ur inclined towards movies.
Wharf as an all rounder.

Dont spend on a cheap subwoofer, useless and would rather spoil the SS. Though towers are adequate, even a good BS does a decent job.
I personally own paradign BS aND they have enough thump to do without a subwoofer.

From everything mentioned on this page my preference would be Tannoy>wharfs>pioneer.

PS: just a after thought, pls do check if your yamaha model can produce enough juice to run the wharfs

Thanks for all your support guys...i ended up in a different direction...i happened to audition the wharedale quartz speakers and purchased the q7 towers with a Jamo sub260....i stretched my budget quite a bit as i was satisfied with whst i heard and it sounded great...got the deal for 48000inr

Back