Budget 31-40k Home usage PC for kids

jammy420

Adept
Looking for a PC for sister's kid. main usage will be kids learning with occasional usage by adults, with slightly higher resource applications. I have not updated myself latest hardware CPU/Mobo. of course for my needs 6th gen would do. . They are not interested in second hand.

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Reuse TV as monitor maybe. If monitor required will buy separately later
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Sony TV 43 inch
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU -
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - I dont think its needed
    • PSU -
    • RAM
    • HDD
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes for a few years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • light Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • kids learning
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • nope
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • girl kid, not into heavy gaming.
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10

I had a similar requirement. But my PC is more of media pc that regular use. I have intel NUC i3 (5th gen) hooked to my main TV with wireless keyboard and mouse. Apart from media streaming I occasionally use the TV as monitor to do some light browsing.
I would recommend NUC i3. Even with brand new components it should be less than 40k. If need you can bump it up to i5 as well.
I am not sure how light gaming you are talking about here. But this might not be able to handle much in gaming dept. But other req. it does well.

Here is one example:

Intel NUC is a great option.

You can also build a Ryzen APU based system. 4350G, B550, 8GB, 256GB SSD, should come in your budget. Maybe even 4650G but not sure if you'd need that much power. Just giving an overall idea.

One thing to note that if you buy B450 motherboard, you might have to update the BIOS before the 4000 series APU work.

5000 series APU have also launched but unsure about their price/availability.

I'm not up-to-date on Intel systems but have heard that they are also catching up real good. Others more knowledgeable members here will sure be helping you with individual components.

i
Intel NUC is a great option.

You can also build a Ryzen APU based system. 4350G, B550, 8GB, 256GB SSD, should come in your budget. Maybe even 4650G but not sure if you'd need that much power. Just giving an overall idea.

One thing to note that if you buy B450 motherboard, you might have to update the BIOS before the 4000 series APU work.

5000 series APU have also launched but unsure about their price/availability.

I'm not up-to-date on Intel systems but have heard that they are also catching up real good. Others more knowledgeable members here will sure be helping you with individual components.
had NUC in my mind .

nuc is great but it has laptop level components, so it is relatively slower.
Agreed. But if the usecase is for htpc also then I believe the PC will be sitting in living room beside tv right? So having a cpu tower there may not look good.

So I still recommend NUC or similar sized machine.

But if you are looking for PC components then here are some options
1. Ryzen 3 4350G with B550 or even an A520 board
2. Ryzen 5 3400G with B450 or even Ryzen 3200G is good as it is still a quad core part.
3. From intel you can check 9th Gen Core i3 9100 with B365 if you can find it in stock
(Not 9100F as it does not have integrated graphics. Any intel processor ending in F will be the same, no integrated graphics)
4. Or Intel 10th gen Core i3 10100 with B460

Last edited:
Let OP decide what he wants.
Performance or aesthetics. If much performance is not needed, he can also buy a laptop. It'll serve multiple purposes.

I don't recommend them unless you can purchase directly from their shop, they can't even properly pack and ship a dust filter.
I think someone from this forum actually got it shipped from there. Never knew they had terrible packaging. Sorry to hear that. I think it was @ruiner btw who got it shipped.

Back