Home!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Appreciate it. Credit goes to my roomie as well who is extremely co-operative and helpful.

What are the speakers and subwoofer you have there?

Those on the stands are the PSB Image B6 and those wall mounted are from the Philips HTIB. :)

The pc chair looks out of place compared to the drawing room chair.

Yeah not very comfortable for long sessions. We were planning to replace them shortly.

Where can I get that GARFIELD poster ? .

BTW how much is the rent for 3 bedroom house over there ?

Did you check Bombaymerch's website? He might have the poster. The rent varies depending on the location. We are paying 8.5k per month.

but how come only one recliner..what if both of you (@Gannu k1chy) plan to watch a movie same time...who wins :lol:

Well in that case, one of us will have to make do with a plastic chair. :p

I use the recliner mostly. :ashamed:

gannu ur from palakad ? am from kerala too :) happy to see a keralite btw O'sme setup bro

Yeah I belong to Palakkad. There are plenty of mallu folks on the forum. :p

So when is next TE Surat meet ? i would love to check all your gizmos and audio setup.

The Bombay folks wanted to have it soon so a thread will be up shortly.

I am going to show it to some of my friends who really need to do something about their place.

Haha thanks for the feedback Sid! Appreciate it. :)

Wonderful home. clean and awesome. just the way i like it. :D

May God give prosperity and Happiness to that house and people who live in it(you) always. :D

This is a place I also would love to live in. Super awesome !!!
Staying in a individual house for a long time, I know how much effort goes into maintaining the place. You and ur roomie have managed superbly !!

On a side note: This might help you while bride hunting :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

I can't understand why bachelors can't live neatly and make the house a home like you guys have done. .

Ask Gannu to post some pics after couple of months :)

I understand your sentiment but bachelors will be bachelors, trashing a place is in our DNA. Mosquitoes and cockroaches are not welcome though.

With pleasure my friend. Unlike most bachelors and friends that I've come across during my hostel days, I tend to keep my surroundings clean and tidy. And not when the guests arrive or there's a photoshoot happening. My parents, close friends and past room-mates can vouch for that.

I understand your sentiment but bachelors will be bachelors, trashing a place is in our DNA. Mosquitoes and cockroaches are not welcome though.

Though you are trying to generalise here but it comes down to personal preference. I am in no manner a neat freak but I too hate staying in a place that is trashed up. My ex-roommate from college is on this forum too and he can vouch for me. :)

With pleasure my friend. Unlike most bachelors and friends that I've come across during my hostel days, I tend to keep my surroundings clean and tidy. And not when the guests arrive or there's a photoshoot happening. My parents, close friends and past room-mates can vouch for that.

I am staying with Gannu for the past 4 years, and he has always kept his rooms and other things clean and neat, I was a bit lazy (not unsanitary though), he pulled me up to be neat :)
Anyone who walk into our place anytime might not find anything unclean except may be for some things on the table (or a couple of clothes on my table to be folded).

Seriously, 8.5k is a steal for a new 3bhk with a modular kitchen. This would easily cost anywhere between 18-30k depending on the locality here in Pune :\

Seriously, 8.5k is a steal for a new 3bhk with a modular kitchen. This would easily cost anywhere between 18-30k depending on the locality here in Pune :\

True that, I have been looking for a flat on rent since 2-3 weeks. Costs a bomb in Pune. :p

I would suspect the motives of a man who wants to live in a "home" just because. I suspect someone's marriage is nigh :bleh: To quote Dave chapelle, 'If a man could f*ck a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house'.... or one of you has way too much free time.

Spoken as another proud new resident of a big "proper" 3BHK house

Thanks guys. :D

We pay 27K for the same house in Bangalore. :|

Yeah the rents are pretty reasonable here that way. A similar house in my hometown Palakkad would be half as much. i.e. 5k tops.

I would suspect the motives of a man who wants to live in a "home" just because. I suspect someone's marriage is nigh :bleh: To quote Dave chapelle, 'If a man could f*ck a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house'.... or one of you has way too much free time.

Spoken as another proud new resident of a big "proper" 3BHK house

Haha no way man. Got my marriage extended by another year when I went home this time and now the deadline stands at mid-2015. :p

We moved out because the previous home became congested like crazy. There was barely any space to move around.

One query though, If you have your own spacious rooms why put both beds in one.

We just have one AC so we decided to put it in a room where the two of us would crash. :)

In Surat, summers can get terribly hot! It's a pain to move the cots later. And then rearrange everything.

Now wait till a wife comes along and re-positions everything in the house!

Yeah. Now that is something I am not sure how to cope with. Let's see when the time comes. :)

Back