Car & Bike Honda CBR150R website goes LIVE !

Errr.. Don't see why people would prefer this or even the R15 over the KTM
Invision18.gif
That thing is quite practical and in my opinion, a no brainer!

Have to agree with #madnav on the R15 v2 pillion seating arrangement. It just ain't practical for everyday use unless the intention of the one driving it is otherwise
tongu23e.gif
Even then, the amount of pressure your elbow and wrists take when your pillion is leaning on you is just not worth it
indifferent14.gif
It is manageable on the v1 but on the v2, quite stupid!

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

I have seen people discarding KTM for the plain reasons such as

"I can't take this to office"

"My wife is not gonna sit on this"

<

KTM Duke is great for enthusiastic riders imo; you simply cant look formal on it
<

I have seen people discarding KTM for the plain reasons such as

"I can't take this to office"

"My wife is not gonna sit on this"

tongu23e.gif

KTM Duke is great for enthusiastic riders imo; you simply cant look formal on it
tongu23e.gif

that is absolute crap.. it all depends on ones own thinking.. if people are not buying KTM because of this kind of thinking, i say they do not deserve it because they dont have the confidence to carry it off. such people are better off on a Hero CD100 deluxe. i bet thats gonna look formal enough..

that is absolute crap.. it all depends on ones own thinking.. if people are not buying KTM because of this kind of thinking, i say they do not deserve it because they dont have the confidence to carry it off. such people are better off on a Hero CD100 deluxe. i bet thats gonna look formal enough..

read my last line.

and such people prefer Bullets, not cd100. (because if they have a budget of 1L+ then they wont go for cd100..if it is even available for sale )

Bullets - the most unreliable bike ever made! Overhyped!

Haha, I agree with that. My CL500 broke down twice and it's not even a year since I bought it. I've rode R15 and CBR250R too, but for long trips I would still prefer my CL500. It's not an engineering masterpiece, but one of the best bike in under 2L range in Indian market.

Bullets - the most unreliable bike ever made! Overhyped!

Haha, I agree with that. My CL500 broke down twice and it's not even a year since I bought it. I've rode R15 and CBR250R too, but for long trips I would still prefer my CL500. It's not an engineering masterpiece, but one of the best bike in under 2L range in Indian market.

dude.. bullets never got popular or hyped due to their ADVANCED TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGHS. .its the kind of riding, low rpm gentle thump from the engine that made it fun to ride and cruise on long rides.. people who buy royal enfields are very much aware of the drawbacks of the aging technology used in the bike..but its this aging tech. that keeps the vintage brand value of the bike that people want to own. you think they cannot make a Bajaj pulsar or a Hero Passion if they want to?? i accept that better reliability in the engine would definitely be preferred anyday.. but then, reliability was never even the selling point for the enfields. though, many improvements have been made in the latest Classic 500.

dude.. bullets never got popular or hyped due to their ADVANCED TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGHS. .its the kind of riding, low rpm gentle thump from the engine that made it fun to ride and cruise on long rides.. people who buy royal enfields are very much aware of the drawbacks of the aging technology used in the bike..but its this aging tech. that keeps the vintage brand value of the bike that people want to own. you think they cannot make a Bajaj pulsar or a Hero Passion if they want to?? i accept that better reliability in the engine would definitely be preferred anyday.. but then, reliability was never even the selling point for the enfields. though, many improvements have been made in the latest Classic 500.

Were you replying to me or #[member='sunny27']?

I know about Bullets, at least the Classic 500, considering that I own one. I have to agree with both here. The bikes are very unreliable, break down when you don't expect them to, and have problems in areas where you don't expect them to. But the hype that he's speaking of, didn't come just for the sake of it. You must ride the bike once to understand. The thump and the the feeling you get when you're cruising on the high way is just unmatchable. There is no bike in the Indian market below 2L which would even fit the bill. The hype is well deserved, not over-hyped at all.

Were you replying to me or #[member='sunny27']?

I know about Bullets, at least the Classic 500, considering that I own one. I have to agree with both here. The bikes are very unreliable, break down when you don't expect them to, and have problems in areas where you don't expect them to. But the hype that he's speaking of, didn't come just for the sake of it. You must ride the bike once to understand. The thump and the the feeling you get when you're cruising on the high way is just unmatchable. There is no bike in the Indian market below 2L which would even fit the bill. The hype is well deserved, not over-hyped at all.

i was replying mainly to sunny and you too because you said you agreed with him.. i just wanted to say, that even though the bike is unreliable, its still fun and gives a whole new feel to bike riding.. and thats why people have for royal enfield a niche value in their minds.. this is not a bike that has just been made with the purpose of moving our bodies from point A to B so that we dont get tired..

#[member='puneetritehere'] I get it. What I agreed with sunny was the bike being unreliable, not being over-hyped. But I am still disappointed with RE for not improving after so many enthusiasts opting for their brand. The bikers make RE what it is today, not the bike itself. Cheers
<

#[member='blkrb0t'] .. yeah thats. there . i strongly feel Royal Enfield should make some technological advancements in their engines.. infact i think its the good market thats making the R & D at Royal Enfield lazy.. its like, the people made the brand .. and not the company. the companys' been making what it has for the past so many years.. its the people who have found value in whats there, and stuck to it, despite all the disadvantages and not let the brand die.. its high time Royal Enfield should pay tribute to those passionate people who have created the brand as we know it today..

FWIW, i think all these advancements have only reduced the quality of experience of a RE, especially the new Classic versions.

I would still suggest people to buy the Standard 350 model only.

I have a 1997 model in pristine condition and am on the lookout for something from the 80s myself.

And yes, the bike does seem unreliable. There have been many occassions when i have been stranded. Like when some guys who keep revving the accelerator sitting on your bike when it is parked. That used to make the cord loose it's tension and thus rendered unusable. Another major problem i used to face was that my bike won't start when it used to rain heavily.

However after this happening 2-3 times i discovered that most of these problems had easy solutions and now i can take care of them myselves.

Newer models didn't have this problem with the accelerator wire, but the solution used by RE ended up in destroying the whole thump of the machine. The thump in older models depended on the acceleration that one was giving, from being completely silent when cruising to blasting your ears when on full throttle. This feel was destroyed and the thump became more managed or regular with less noticable difference in the thump when on different speeds, when the Electra was introduced.

Back